Never Heard Symphonies (updated, resequenced, etc) -2018-

Should we add the original live, faster arrangement of "Mexico" to the YATQ era one?

edit: Ah. Wilderness years.

Last edited:

Attachments

• NHS_1st Wilderness era.jpg
    NHS_1st Wilderness era.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
NEVER HEARD SYMPHONIES:
Southpaw Grammar era

2-9-18 amendment pack here
(note on this amendment pack: I won't bother re-tagging/re-posting them because I'm getting kind of dizzy from this shit and I just want to be done with it, but the two songs in this update pack should be re-tagged as "Southpaw Grammar era" in the folder title to match the rest of the content; they are currently tagged "Southpaw era"...if you don't re-tag them they'll just sit as two tracks in their own folder. Sorry about that.

Attachments

• NHS_Southpaw 1.jpg
    NHS_Southpaw 1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 0
  • NHS_Southpaw 2.jpg
    NHS_Southpaw 2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Does anybody have the fan edit of Seasick Yet Still Docked that features the '09 BBC television performance with samples from the film Barfly and spoken word from Charles Bukowski? It was featured in a very early incarnation of the NHS anthology but along the way I discarded it. Now I want to hear it again.

Cheers for all the hard work!

Just a quick nit-pick - should the live version of "What She Said" from the World Peace era be in Nothing Ever Dies because it's a Smiths cover?

Aren’t tracks 11 and 12 of NHS_Vauxhall identical?
My understanding is that version 2 of the alternate take of the song, which leaked considerably after the first version, was a rough, unmastered copy, whereas soon afterward a mastered, ready-for-release-on-a-reissue copy of Alt. Take, V. 2 leaked to the public. I have included both copies for completism, as well as the original, shorter alternate take.

Cheers for all the hard work!

Just a quick nit-pick - should the live version of "What She Said" from the World Peace era be in Nothing Ever Dies because it's a Smiths cover?

No. They are different recordings. Nothing Ever Dies is meant to be a collation of the best sounding recordings of Smiths covers by Morrissey's solo group(s.) That doesn't preclude a Smiths cover from being in Never Heard Symphonies, which aims to be an assembly of Morrissey solo songs and recordings of disparate -and perhaps arbitrary- sources.

I do remember, though, that the Wireless 02 performance of What She Said, which is the one in NED, sounded great but had audio hiccups. Later, he started playing the song again on the World Peace tour, a recording of which is in that album's edition of the NHS. Now, I seem to remember finding a clean version of the Wireless '02 What She Said and replacing it in NED. But if I am misremembering then yes, the recording in the World Peace folder should replace it.

I have said it before and I will say it again.....these compilations are magnificent and thank you for taking so much time to pull them together on our behalf. All I need now is a few extra days each week to listen to them all but I will get there!!

I have said it before and I will say it again.....these compilations are magnificent and thank you for taking so much time to pull them together on our behalf. All I need now is a few extra days each week to listen to them all but I will get there!!
I couldn't have said it better, this forum and web site has been a blessing for me and my MOZ collection and so much more...so many to thank

Back
Top Bottom