New album 'Low in High-School' (Nov. 17, 2017) on Etienne Records / BMG; Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10)

Morrissey announces new album Low in High-School - Manchester Evening News
by Simon Binns.

Morrissey is set to release his first new album since 2014.

Low in High-School will be released on November 17 on CD, coloured vinyl and limited edition cassette, as well as digital formats.

It will be the former Smiths' frontman's first album for BMG, which is also partnering with Morrissey on the launch of his new label, Etienne Records.

Low in High-School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone’s Forum Studios. The record is produced by Joe Chiccarelli, who has worked with Frank Zappa, The Strokes, Beck and The White Stripes.

Low in High-School captures 'the zeitgeist of an ever-changing world.'

Korda Marshall (EVP of BMG) said of the signing: “There are not many artists around today that can compare to Morrissey. He is an extraordinary talent. He is prodigious, literate, witty, elegant and above all, courageous. His lyrics, humour and melodies have influenced many generations. The music on this new landmark record will speak for itself and we are delighted to welcome him to BMG.”

There are likely to be tour dates to promote the record - but for now, there is only one live show booked, at the Hollywood Bowl in LA on November 10.

As a solo artist, all ten of his albums have reached the Top 10 on the UK charts, including three entries at number one.

Following his debut solo album Viva Hate back in 1988, he has since released a number of critically acclaimed follow-ups including Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal, and hugely successful comeback album You Are the Quarry after a five year hiatus in 2004.

Not quite a surprise 'drop' was it?
Perhaps some decent marketing in the build up - we can but hope.
Good news for a change!

Similar stories:

Morrissey Announces New Album 'Low In High-School' - Clash
Morrissey announces new album 'Low In High-School' - Irish Examiner
Morrissey announces new album 'Low in High-School' and US date - Newsdesk / Music-News.com
Released on BMG, the album will be preceded by US performances."
Morrissey Announces New Album Low in High School - Pitchfork
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ – and a huge gig - NME
Post-Punk run with the BMG office picture online:
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ to be released this November

Regards,
FWD.

Also:
Morrissey to release new album, Low in High-School - Uncut. Link posted by Bluebirds.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
He's just received a shipment of tacky cheapo cassette players with a view to selling them to the bots at a very high price on the porium webshite. Each one is limited edition with a unique serial number, also each one will come with a 2" x 2" piece of material. Apparently it's a piece of one of his shirts for you to own, cut out by hand by none other than Diesel himself. The deluxe pieces of cloth will have Steve's aftershave sprayed on them, again by Diesel.
Kerching. Switzerland is mine and it owes me a tax haven !

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
Thanks Benny I was starting to panic.

I'm guessing the writer of the following short article has been here recently...

Morrissey announces new album Low in High School and Hollywood Bowl performance, promptly steals 100% of Taylor Swift’s hype.

"
Have you eaten meat recently? Don’t lie. Morrissey knows you have, and he is coming for you.

As part of his revenge, he is releasing Low in High School, his eleventh studio album, on November 17, courtesy of BMG/his own label Etienne. Likely in support of the album, he will perform one singular, epic show at the Hollywood Bowl on November 10.

Time to start training. Go vegan. Start lifting weights. Morrissey wants you to be your Best Self.

• Drink more water.
• Adopt a pet.
• Call your parents.
• Be Morrissey for Halloween.

[Rocky montage]

You are now your best self.
• Go see Morrissey at Hollywood Bowl.
• Purchase and listen to Low in High School.
• If American, have a tense-but-virtuous vegan Thanksgiving.

[Footloose montage]

Now it’s Christmas.
• Ask your parents for the The Queen is Dead reissue that came out on back on October 20.
• Listen to it — along with Low in High School — and think about how much you’ve grown and matured in the past five months or so.

Happy New Year. Love, Morrissey."
Adam Rothbath

https://www.tinymixtapes.com/news/m...ow-high-school-and-hollywood-bowl-performance

Regards,
FWD.

Is it this one you're talking about?

I don't know what you're asking me, Sid! Are you saying you'd have preferred a version of Kraut Rock Swifty? Or just that you'd prefer to see a version of Krautrock Swifty in lederhosen? OR did you mean that you'd prefer to hear a Kraut Mozzy? OR! Did you just mean that you prefer to sing the auf Deutsch version of this Right Said Fred insta-classic at karaoke yourself?

Important matters on this site should be clarified, and not just left to loose interpretation by all and sundry. Because THEN where would we all be, hmmmm?

Taylor Swift samples Right Said Fred's I'm Too Sexy on her new album. You heard it here first, M-Solo-ites! Mozzy should have sampled Right Said Fred's I'm Too Sexy FIRST!! Dammit. That woulda been the ticket!!

But how 'bout that, huh! I think Swifty's track gonna be HOT, Shazzy!!!

No way does that chorus have enough in common with I'm Too Sexy to warrant a credit. It does sound pretty similar to the bit before the chorus in Pokerface, though. Wonder if it's someone's ingenious way of avoiding being accused of ripping off Lady Gaga.

I don't know what you're asking me, Sid! Are you saying you'd have preferred a version of Kraut Rock Swifty? Or just that you'd prefer to see a version of Krautrock Swifty in lederhosen? OR did you mean that you'd prefer to hear a Kraut Mozzy? OR! Did you just mean that you prefer to sing the auf Deutsch version of this Right Said Fred insta-classic at karaoke yourself?

Important matters on this site should be clarified, and not just left to loose interpretation by all and sundry. Because THEN where would we all be, hmmmm?
All of the above (please)

No way does that chorus have enough in common with I'm Too Sexy to warrant a credit. It does sound pretty similar to the bit before the chorus in Pokerface, though. Wonder if it's someone's ingenious way of avoiding being accused of ripping off Lady Gaga.
On the BBC News they just said it's inspired by RSF's debut hit.

Update: RSF get a writing credit
(She's turned the RSF verse into the chorus on her song)

Reckon me don't know of any high schools here in me hobbit village Wooverhamptonshire United. Is high school what Richie, Potsie, and Ralph would attend on that show "Happy Days" on BBC4? I reckon it would top mental if he did a warm up gig again at Hollywood High School before the Hollywood Bowl gig.

P.S. Please I need a Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls jersey. I can not find them here in Wooverhapmtonshire United. I will trade me New York Yankees cap signed that me aunt bought for me on her trip to New York in 1953. It was signed by a chap named Joe DiMaggio. Please I am desperate.

May I ask, what is your whole point? Are you desperate to see Morrissey fail/be in the gutter? Is it just for the "I told you so" effect ??

I suspect you're desperate to put your penis into a woman. Yes?

Automated post no need to respond.

Dear Benjamin Grim if you are seeing this please note that your correspondence has been noted and processed by the admin department @ BtBB. Unfortunately It wasn't worthy of a response this time around.
Benny sends his apologies but has had to take these measures due to his hectic workload in the run up to the release of LiH-S.
You are advised to keep posting there is no limit on the amount you post, all posts will be processed.
If you still feel you have been mis treated you are invited to take the matter up with the solo ombudsman.

Admin department BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

World peace was an album ? You're havin a giraffe mate.
Why do you think Steve Barnett ripped up the contract and told him to get the 4ck out the door ? HUGH ! HUGH !
Steve ain't made no 4kin decent album in years !
A mother4kin label in French named after him ! HUGH ! No 4kin shit ! HUGH ! HUGH ! Big 4kin deal ! He ain't payin for it outa his own purse yeh ! YEH ! HUGH ! HUGH !
Get de 4K outta here you stoopid 4kin Doh Doh.

#Switzerland is mine :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Oh No! Here comes Cornball Benny with some more bad ideas.

Reckon me don't know of any high schools here in me hobbit village Wooverhamptonshire United. Is high school what Richie, Potsie, and Ralph would attend on that show "Happy Days" on BBC4? I reckon it would top mental if he did a warm up gig again at Hollywood High School before the Hollywood Bowl gig.

P.S. Please I need a Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls jersey. I can not find them here in Wooverhapmtonshire United. I will trade me New York Yankees cap signed that me aunt bought for me on her trip to New York in 1953. It was signed by a chap named Joe DiMaggio. Please I am desperate.

Well, there are lots of High Schools in the UK. My secondary school was one of them.

She's so "edgy" and "relevant". From the Guardian's two star review of her current single...

"The chorus borrows its cadence from Right Said Fred’s 1992 body-shaker I’m Too Sexy..."

Enough Said.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/aug/25/taylor-swift-look-what-you-made-me-do-review

The Guardian? As a source for music recommendations? Total toss.

Taylor has realised the way to Global, Religious Fame isn't to write earnest beautiful ballads but to drag Kim & Kanye's arses through the mud. It astonished me how people support her in her court battle against that lech DJ who pinched her arse but don't see that Kanye putting a naked double of her in his video is also a form of sexual harassment. I think it's hilarious. She throws out a diss track and it devours the internet.....that's how you do 'pop star', not by whining about the press but by fcukin them

So you admit you think Moz is a fab singer and do "love" his music when it meets your approval but I'm curious. What was your breaking point when Moz the man pissed you off so much? There's no way you've always felt this way. I reckon you would've defended the chap 20 years ago, no? I find the whole Moz persona amusing. I posit his music wouldn't be what it is without his idiosyncrasies.

I recognised his talent in 1983, was one of the first to do so but also had pretty damning evidence he was a fraud from near the outset. There are lots of great singers. He tried to claim he was 'different', that he was 'authentic'. Some of us raised an eyebrow but he was just another product for NME types to sell until he went rogue over immigration and they cut links. My breaking point was when he eulogised the IRA for bombing Brighton in 1984. However, i think he's absolutely hilarious, one of the most entertaining clowns in popular culture. And he can deffo sing, albeit he is a one-trick emote-pony, it's still pretty cool when he drops the bollocks and just sings. He is a f***ed up person and he's f***ed up lots of people, the only real hope is he confesses to all his crimes and actually sings with contrition from the heart before he croaks. Doubt it will happen but who knows...

Send me a pic of your arse via Grindr & I'll let you know if I'm up for shagging it.

sexy_orig.jpg

I recognised his talent in 1983, was one of the first to do so but also had pretty damning evidence he was a fraud from near the outset. There are lots of great singers. He tried to claim he was 'different', that he was 'authentic'. Some of us raised an eyebrow but he was just another product for NME types to sell until he went rogue over immigration and they cut links. My breaking point was when he eulogised the IRA for bombing Brighton in 1984. However, i think he's absolutely hilarious, one of the most entertaining clowns in popular culture. And he can deffo sing, albeit he is a one-trick emote-pony, it's still pretty cool when he drops the bollocks and just sings. He is a f***ed up person and he's f***ed up lots of people, the only real hope is he confesses to all his crimes and actually sings with contrition from the heart before he croaks. Doubt it will happen but who knows...

Morrissey clearly is very different to a typical singer. He's arguably absolutely unique. And that uniqueness, one could argue, has sustained his career and contributed to him becoming an undisputed musical icon. His albums have been patchy for two decades now - it's not the quality of the songs that has enabled him to sustain interest over all these years, although there have enough brilliant ones to make it still worth following him - 5 or 6 on the last album (his best since the 90s according to the UK reviews and I'd agree).
But I don't think he's ever claimed to be particularly authentic. Didn't he say he was 95% paper maché once? On a good day (and pretty much the whole time up until the mid 90s) he is a fantastically witty interviewee, arguably more so than any other person in pop history. He sings naturally and in his own accent which is still pretty unusual (but not unique), and he often sings about things that no-one else would sing about.
So, I'd say he is a unique and fascinating global pop icon but not a massively acclaimed and critically successful songwriter. However, I can't wait for the new album. I'm confident there'll be at least 3 or 4 brilliant songs, and that's enough for me.
His political views are muddled to say the least, and he often makes ill thought-out statements, but anyone who has recently expressed support Bernie Sanders, George Galloway and Jeremy Corbyn in recent times is hardly the right-wing extremist that the media would often like to portray him as.
MM

Morrissey clearly is very different to a typical singer. He's arguably absolutely unique. And that uniqueness, one could argue, has sustained his career and contributed to him becoming an undisputed musical icon. His albums have been patchy for two decades now - it's not the quality of the songs that has enabled him to sustain interest over all these years, although there have enough brilliant ones to make it still worth following him - 5 or 6 on the last album (his best since the 90s according to the UK reviews and I'd agree).
But I don't think he's ever claimed to be particularly authentic. Didn't he say he was 95% paper maché once? On a good day (and pretty much the whole time up until the mid 90s) he is a fantastically witty interviewee, arguably more so than any other person in pop history. He sings naturally and in his own accent which is still pretty unusual (but not unique), and he often sings about things that no-one else would sing about.
So, I'd say he is a unique and fascinating global pop icon but not a massively acclaimed and critically successful songwriter. However, I can't wait for the new album. I'm confident there'll be at least 3 or 4 brilliant songs, and that's enough for me.
His political views are muddled to say the least, and he often makes ill thought-out statements, but anyone who has recently expressed support Bernie Sanders, George Galloway and Jeremy Corbyn in recent times is hardly the right-wing extremist that the media would often like to portray him as.
MM

Please let me know where he supported Jeremy Corbyn.

Morrissey clearly is very different to a typical singer. He's got a unique take on things. And that uniqueness, one could argue, has sustained his career and contributed to him becoming an undisputed musical icon. His albums have been patchy for two decades now - it's not the quality of the songs that has enabled him to sustain interest over all these years, although there have enough brilliant ones to make it still worth following him - 5 or 6 on the last album (his best since the 90s according to the UK reviews and I'd agree).
But I don't think he's ever claimed to be particularly authentic. Didn't he say he was 95% paper maché once? On a good day (and pretty much the whole time up until the mid 90s) he is a fantastically witty interviewee, arguably more so than any other person in pop history. He sings naturally and in his own accent which is still pretty unusual, and he often sings about things that no-one else would sing about.
His political views are muddled (to say the least) and he often makes ill thought-out statements, but anyone who has recently expressed support for Bernie Sanders, George Galloway and Jeremy Corbyn is hardly the right-wing loony that the media would like to portray him as.
MM
Have edited the above - was written in a rush!

Have edited the above - was written in a rush!

Why? :confused:
I thought it was a good post!
And which parts ?
And how, being anonymous you are not able to edit?
Or am I wrong? :rolleyes:

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom