New album 'Low in High-School' (Nov. 17, 2017) on Etienne Records / BMG; Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10)

Morrissey announces new album Low in High-School - Manchester Evening News
by Simon Binns.

Morrissey is set to release his first new album since 2014.

Low in High-School will be released on November 17 on CD, coloured vinyl and limited edition cassette, as well as digital formats.

It will be the former Smiths' frontman's first album for BMG, which is also partnering with Morrissey on the launch of his new label, Etienne Records.

Low in High-School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone’s Forum Studios. The record is produced by Joe Chiccarelli, who has worked with Frank Zappa, The Strokes, Beck and The White Stripes.

Low in High-School captures 'the zeitgeist of an ever-changing world.'

Korda Marshall (EVP of BMG) said of the signing: “There are not many artists around today that can compare to Morrissey. He is an extraordinary talent. He is prodigious, literate, witty, elegant and above all, courageous. His lyrics, humour and melodies have influenced many generations. The music on this new landmark record will speak for itself and we are delighted to welcome him to BMG.”

There are likely to be tour dates to promote the record - but for now, there is only one live show booked, at the Hollywood Bowl in LA on November 10.

As a solo artist, all ten of his albums have reached the Top 10 on the UK charts, including three entries at number one.

Following his debut solo album Viva Hate back in 1988, he has since released a number of critically acclaimed follow-ups including Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal, and hugely successful comeback album You Are the Quarry after a five year hiatus in 2004.

Not quite a surprise 'drop' was it?
Perhaps some decent marketing in the build up - we can but hope.
Good news for a change!

Similar stories:

Morrissey Announces New Album 'Low In High-School' - Clash
Morrissey announces new album 'Low In High-School' - Irish Examiner
Morrissey announces new album 'Low in High-School' and US date - Newsdesk / Music-News.com
Released on BMG, the album will be preceded by US performances."
Morrissey Announces New Album Low in High School - Pitchfork
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ – and a huge gig - NME
Post-Punk run with the BMG office picture online:
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ to be released this November

Regards,
FWD.

Also:
Morrissey to release new album, Low in High-School - Uncut. Link posted by Bluebirds.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar stories:

Clash:
Morrissey Announces New Album 'Low In High-School'.

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/morrissey-announces-new-album-low-in-high-school

Irish Examiner:
Morrissey announces new album 'Low In High-School.'

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...nces-new-album-low-in-high-school-802941.html

Music News:
"Released on BMG, the album will be preceded by US performances."

http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/1...nces-new-album-Low-in-High-School-and-US-date

Pitchfork:
Morrissey Announces New Album Low in High School
Plus a show at L.A.’s Hollywood Bowl.

http://pitchfork.com/news/morrissey-announces-new-album-low-in-high-school/amp/

N.M.E.:
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ – and a huge gig.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-announces-new-album-low-high-school-2127215

Post-Punk run with the BMG office picture online:
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ to be released this November.

http://www.post-punk.com/morrissey-...-in-high-school-to-be-released-this-november/

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Seems he's also got hos own label - Etienne records.

Seems he's also got hos own label - Etienne records.
Wasn't the Kiss Me A Lot digital release by Etienne and the never-to-be WPINOYB reissue was due out on/by Etienne too?
So that's 2 years the label (in name) has existed. I'm guessing that tweet of him with Craig Ericson (Rise Records) on 20th, Feb at BMG London was very significant after all (Boy George just signed with BMG 3 days ago too).
SAM! you can put the Trojan clip art away...
Regards,
FWD.

(Marr & Rourke have BMG connections too - for the conspiracy theorists out there ;) ).

Last edited:
I wonder if the "leaked" October dates are being re-booked for a bit later, closer to the album release. Though I suppose the WPINOYB tour got rolling about 6 weeks before the album came out.

Limited Edition Cassette....f***in' A! :rock:

?

Why the hyphen between high and school? It's high school innit?

Why the hyphen between high and school? It's high school innit?
I wondered this too...
According to word reference discussion:
"High-school, with the hyphen, is correct when the term is used as an adjective, e.g., I lost my high-school diploma."

I've never come across that ever being the case as no hyphen is accepted everywhere as standard - so probably him being cryptic.
Regards,
FWD.

17/11/17 put it in the diary under the heading Shit or Bust for Steve.

Will he be able to pull it off one last time ? It's a big ask given that it looks like he's been stubborn enough to continue with the most recent dreadful lawnmower line up.

Whatever happens it's going to be very entertaining just observing his P R stunt attempts to get himself some media attention. It's already started with that nut job celebrity death statement for a guy who thought Whacko Jacko was killed with a laser:rofl:. It must have been comedy gold to listen in on the conversation between Steve and that nutter.
Also looking forward to the Bots getting all giddy and making fools of themselves, nobody does it better than them lot, we couldn't do all this without them :clap:.

Lastly I'd like to doff my cap :tiphat: to BrummieBoy and say "It's on" :ahhh:Squeaky bum time !
The clock is now ticking for Steve's last chance showbiz showdown, reckon it's gonna be epic times all round. There's no one quite like Steven, I'm sure you will agree ( could be a song in that last line :rolleyes: ).

Get ready for the ride people ! The louder you scream the faster we go ! Whoooo ! Whoooooo !

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Excited by the news but hate the title. Guessing all the young people was indeed a track

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom