New hardware added to Morrissey-solo

davidt

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
On June 28 a new shiny quad core server was installed at the colocation facility, replacing a retired backup/replication server that unfortunately died a violent death at around 7 years old.

It is currently handling the database now which should relieve the load issues since the start of the tour. There are several other optimizations that I'll look into also but for now that should hopefully eliminate the slowness and timeouts experienced in the last couple weeks. Please post here if you notice any issues.

Hi David, it was alright until few minutes ago.

I had the message that server was busy again.

Thank you very much for your help.

On June 28 a new shiny quad core server was installed at the colocation facility, replacing a retired backup/replication server that unfortunately died a violent death at around 7 years old.

It is currently handling the database now which should relieve the load issues since the start of the tour. There are several other optimizations that I'll look into also but for now that should hopefully eliminate the slowness and timeouts experienced in the last couple weeks. Please post here if you notice any issues.

Approx. 2:47PM EST there was a server issue that lasted about one minute.

From 1-1:05AM EST the site would not load. At 1:03AM a white screen came up that said something about a fatal error on line 186, or something like that.

From 1-1:05AM EST the site would not load. At 1:03AM a white screen came up that said something about a fatal error on line 186, or something like that.

Thanks -- I'm experimenting with some optimizations so the site will go down for short periods from time to time. I'll post a notice if it will be down for an extended period.

Back
Top Bottom