New J K Rowling book announced

J K Rowling’s new novel, The Running Grave, is out next Tuesday. Here’a a review:

“The Running Grave by Robert Galbraith review – a riveting race against time

JK Rowling’s will they/won’t they detective duo return in a hefty but immersive tale of an attempted rescue from a cult“

Detective stories don't really interest me. I have only read this Cormoran Strike series so far because it was written by J K Rowling. I don't think I'll bother to read this one. She writes well, apart from action scenes, but the 'will they, won't they' appeal is tired by now and I've had enough of reading stories set in London.

I’ve recently finished J K Rowling’s The Running Grave. This novel is the best Strike novel that she has written. In fact, this novel is probably the best book J K Rowling has written to date.

This novel will never get a film adaptation. No. f***ing. Way! If it does (which it won’t) it will be based on a script that itself will be an heavily edited adaptation of the novel. So why bother?

NO SPOILERS!

What’s it about? There’s a cult. They are evil as f***.

The writing is propulsive.

I’m not saying any more!

Funny , I've just discovered that she has a photo of "The World Won't Listen " LP on the main page of her website :clap:

She was right all along. f*** Radcliffe and Watson.

“One social media user replied to her: "Just waiting for Dan and Emma to give you a very public apology... safe in the knowledge that you will forgive them..."

The Harry Potter author responded: "Not safe, I'm afraid.”

This is the full quote:

Celebs who cosied up to a movement intent on eroding women’s hard-won rights and who used their platforms to cheer on the transitioning of minors can save their apologies for traumatised detransitioners and vulnerable women reliant on single sex spaces.

History will judge Rowling well.
History will judge people like Graham Norton with contempt. A man who owes his career to 'Father Ted', but has said nothing in support of the great Graham Linehan.

I love Graham Linehan so much. He is the cutest!

There is a great interview with Graham Linehan by the Triggernometry guys.
Ponder the similarities between Graham Linehan and Morrissey. Both of Irish heritage. Both left wing. Both hugely successful and acclaimed in their chosen art form, namely script writing and lyric writing respectively. Both 'changed' how we think about their chosen art form. Both now cancelled and struggling to get any new work put on or released.
Graham clearly felt he had no choice but to speak up on the trans ideology issue. Morrissey clearly felt he had no choice but to speak up on the mass immigration issue. Both crucified for it. Graham now vindicated by the Cass Report. Will vindication ever come for Morrissey?

There is a great interview with Graham Linehan by the Triggernometry guys.
Ponder the similarities between Graham Linehan and Morrissey. Both of Irish heritage. Both left wing. Both hugely successful and acclaimed in their chosen art form, namely script writing and lyric writing respectively. Both 'changed' how we think about their chosen art form. Both now cancelled and struggling to get any new work put on or released.
Graham clearly felt he had no choice but to speak up on the trans ideology issue. Morrissey clearly felt he had no choice but to speak up on the mass immigration issue. Both crucified for it. Graham now vindicated by the Cass Report. Will vindication ever come for Morrissey?

Yes I saw it! I watch everything with Graham in it (aside from his own channel for some reason). He's such a principled, noble, loveable soul. I would say that he's suffered far worse than Morrissey has for his boldness. I hope things turn around for him soon and people see him for the hero that he is.

Back
Top Bottom