New Morrissey Album - Fiona Dodwell

javert

Super Moderator
Subscriber
Not sure if i'm reading too much into this tweet or if we can even trust this... (but judging by her airtime on Central - perhaps?)

I'm trying to imagine a scenario in which Dodwell might tweet something like "New Morrissey album - a couple of great songs but mostly just OK filler" and....nope!

She's not exactly the most objective person in the world when it comes to Morrissey but her confirmation that there is an album nearly or completely finished is interesting.

She could just be saying it's amazing news after seeing it break on social media.

She could just be saying it's amazing news after seeing it break on social media.
Yeah, that’s how interpreted it.

Yep, as others have noted I think this means the fact that there is a new album is more than amazing (which it kind of is!) rather than that she's heard it and that's her view of the songs. Having said that, she probably is the most high-profile, totally uncritical, Morrissey-fan journalist and she did get a copy of Dog on a Chain in advance, so if anyone was going to have a copy already it would arguably be her.

Yep, as others have noted I think this means the fact that there is a new album is more than amazing (which it kind of is!) rather than that she's heard it and that's her view of the songs. Having said that, she probably is the most high-profile, totally uncritical, Morrissey-fan journalist and she did get a copy of Dog on a Chain in advance, so if anyone was going to have a copy already it would arguably be her.

I was thinking the same about the Dog advance copy but it still seems a bit too early for that. They haven't even announced the album yet. :lbf:
So I also thought she was referring to the news rather than the actual songs.

Not sure if i'm reading too much into this tweet or if we can even trust this... (but judging by her airtime on Central - perhaps?)

I believe this is just her catching up with us and the rest of the Internet.

As evidenced by this:

Screenshot_20210418-122811~2.png

If that's the full extent of any insider knowledge, then she has probably now seen exactly what we did on the 16th or seen similar passed round since by 'superfans' sourced via the Chad Smith interview (information which had been waiting to be discovered since the 20th of February - where was she then with it?).
My guess anyway.
Regards,
FWD.

:rolleyes:

LOL "left out" Skinny. Ex expert:lbf:
current expert on FH Mike:lbf:

Well if Fiona Doeswell listened to it and thought it was amazeballs, I guess it saves me the trouble.

Hot grandpop Pop is a much better choice than a handful of nobodies to duet with...Alas, he arrives too late for those who stopped listening a couple of albums ago. Timing is everything in life...
I might give "If I Die, I Die" and "The Trust Fund Kid Who Couldn't Read" a listen, if the 'orrible author says these are the weakest tracks on the album.

"The trust-fund kid killed his grandmother
When she perceived he was a huge plonker
Now, in her house, he sits on his arse
Looking at pictures of her as a lass.
FAMILY! FAMILY! FAMILY! FAMILY!"

"I sneezed on me mum
Sneezed on me mum
Then told everyone it wasn't me."

Extra! Extra!
Read all about it.
The Manchester Bard works with Yanks again!
Extra! Extra! Read all about it.
EXTRA!

Last interesting thing I remember about Mr. Pop was "Candy" with Kate Pierson.
Last interesting thing I remember about RHCP...memory fails.

Last edited:
Where was this rumour/news of a new album announced first?
Via the Chad Smith interview made on the 20th February and spotted/quoted Friday, February 16th here.
Regards,
FWD.

Via the Chad Smith interview made on the 20th February and spotted/quoted Friday, February 16th here.
Regards,
FWD.
That's quite the remarkable thing though, isn't it? I mean, it's been around since Feb 20th, and La Dodwell only mentions it after it's been mentioned here as noteworthy first. A quite remarkable coincidence, wouldn't you say?

🧐

like the drummer from the Hot Chili Peppers got nothing better to do than invent
Moz album sessions o_O

:)
i have a question that can be used for the next Mindscape 'genius' tv show.
'whichformer Smiths current FH Mike know it all expert was the last to know about a the new hot chili pepper/iggy pop
moz album?'
correct answer: skinny:lbf:

Back
Top Bottom