New Mozz record?

Re: New Mozz record???

Anyone know any details about Morrissey new record? I think i read it was done? Whats the hold up? Record company B.S? It's been all to long!:mad:

He's had an album worth of songs ready (presumably in demo form) for nearly two years. We've heard 5 but I'd say only 2 of them would deserve a place on a half-decent album.
He's expecting a record deal for an act that can sell nearly 500,000 albums (in the UK) but he's probably only receiving offers for an act that can sell 50,000. That's the situation (in a nutshell).
Maurice

I doubt there's an entire unreleased album sitting around. I'm sure there are a few more other than the demos we've already heard but he seems to be holding onto those until a worthy deal comes 'round. I heard he was in the studio a few months ago. It's all speculation and rumors, though.

I doubt there's an entire unreleased album sitting around.

You don't think so? I think he's certainly had enough time to write a complete album; although perhaps not, with simultaneous work on the autobiography. Or did you mean that you don't think that all of the new songs that he has written have been demoed yet?

You don't think so? I think he's certainly had enough time to write a complete album; although perhaps not, with simultaneous work on the autobiography. Or did you mean that you don't think that all of the new songs that he has written have been demoed yet?

Well, I mean, it's vague. He alludes to over an album's worth of shit being in the can...plays five new songs in two years...brings back old tracks for TV performances...who knows.

I assume that anytime he acknowledges "a song" it means a finished demo, as his M.O. seems to be laying down a vocal after the finished backing track. But who knows.

Wilderness Era 2.0 ain't as exciting as the first Wilderness Era. I guess it's because we now know that however strong he comes on at first, it's gonna end in crap.

People damn M for what he doesn't do, and then they damn him for what he does do.
We want, but we don't want it, nor that, but this, no this other that, ad nauseam.
Help me out here, do you also see a naked man standing laughing over there, or am I drunk?

It may not pay to demo and leak a large number of new songs when they end up on stutube two hours after the performance.
Who would buy the album if most songs were already out there for free?

Perhaps the recent interviews/flipper slappings that coincided with M's tour may also hint of something more to come in 2013.

People damn M for what he doesn't do, and then they damn him for what he does do.
We want, but we don't want it, nor that, but this, no this other that, ad nauseam.
Help me out here, do you also see a naked man standing laughing over there, or am I drunk?

It may not pay to demo and leak a large number of new songs when they end up on stutube two hours after the performance.

Perhaps the recent interviews/flipper slappings that coincided with M's tour may also hint of something more to come in 2013.

You're drunk.

It's a fair point. It's understandable that he wouldn't want to preview too many new songs. What is baffling though is why the new songs he's played are so rubbish.
If he previewed just 2 songs, but they were both brilliant, he'd be attracting much better offers and much less criticism.

New Record WHEN!!! Beating dead horse...

Is there any kind of news regarding the new LP? I know he doesn't have a record deal or whatever but didn't he record the album already? I don't know how many more records old Mozzer has left in him anyways? But, look at Bowie; still putting out records at the age of 110 or so.:straightface:

Re: New Record WHEN!!! Beating dead horse...

I'm very much hoping it will be soon. If not that, then please, please, please let me get what I want and that is for him to publish his autobiography already!

That doesn't really make sense. I mean when the album comes out people can still (illegally) download it as opposed to buying it, which I assume would be a larger dent in sales than grainy cellphone videos of live performances on youtube.

OK... Any news on the new record??

I know I'm beating a dead house here but is the record done but no label? Or no label and not recorded? I'm starting to lose faith. :sick:

Re: OK... Any news on the new record??

I know I'm beating a dead house here but is the record done but no label? Or no label and not recorded? I'm starting to lose faith. :sick:

PLEASE tell me that was a typo, even though the R is a full three keys away from the U...

Re: OK... Any news on the new record??

Nothing has changed from the last two times you created this same topic...

Back
Top Bottom