new single

Kochka

Morrissey is booked to appear on the Russell Brand Show in London on December 1st to promote the single 'I Just Want to See the Boy Happy' which is released on December 3rd. Also, Kristeen Young releases her second Attack single on December 3rd - 'London Cry

From True to you

Morrissey is booked to appear on the Russell Brand Show in London on December 1st to promote the single 'I Just Want to See the Boy Happy' which is released on December 3rd. Also, Kristeen Young releases her second Attack single on December 3rd - 'London Cry

From True to you

Wow. I didn't see that coming. Pigsty not the single then. It's a raucous stomper all right, let's make it a good top 5.

Peter

I wonder how on earth he's going to fare on the Russell Brand show?! Should be interesting...

He has seemed very keen on 'See The Boy Happy', it has grown on me over time that song but it's still my least favourite on the album. But then what do I know!

Can't wait to see the Russel Brand show. Should be highly entertaining. Hopefully this means he will be on Jonathon Ross aswell to promote the single.

??? What Russell Brand show? I like the song, I'm pleased he picked it.

He's going to have to do a bit more promotion than appear on one radio show. Otherwise there's no point.

Trouble is, he seems to think everyone in the media is against him when most of them would love to have him on their shows. :confused:

If Russell BRand is such a big f***ing fan he should be lost for words and shit like that. My command of the English language is shit.

COME ON NEW ZEALAND

I'm delighted he's doing Russell Brand's show, I hope he
agrees to an interview as well as singing, I can't see him taking part in the bit where the guests have to try and solve the audience member's problems although I'd love him to. I hope the single does really well, people I know who don't like Moz have piped up and said they actually really like that particular song.

From True to you
Does it say when it will be released?
I can't wait!!!!!! I love that song!!!!!!!

THANK YOU MOZZZZZA!!!!

What do you reckon will be the b-side then? Street Life, after all? :p

I Hope so!!
It does make sense that Boz is unable to tour with Polecats due to Morrissey's tour and possibly recording studio version of Street Life?!
I don't mind a live version though.

Many of you noticed that XFM gig commertial features bits of "I Just Want to See The Boy Happy" at the end. I sensed it'd be released as a single.

Wow. I didn't see that coming. Pigsty not the single then. It's a raucous stomper all right, let's make it a good top 5.

Peter
Nah, he rarely releases any epic ballads as singles (except "I Have Forgiven Jesus", I can't remember when he has done that in his solo career), or any rockier songs for that matter. Most of the time some poppy little track. Just look at his choice of singles from "Your Arsenal".

I'm really suprised.

I like that song a lot, but I really was hoping it would be "Pigsty" at least it wasen't a song that didn't even make since becoming a single. Maybe " Pigsty" was really close to him, and he might not have wanted to make it really big and such, but a lot of songs are near to him, and he's made them singles. Maybe he just wanted this one insted, i'll give him the benifit of the doubt, and I'll be happy there's a new single.:)

I'm really suprised.

I like that song a lot, but I really was hoping it would be "Pigsty" at least it wasen't a song that didn't even make since becoming a single. Maybe " Pigsty" was really close to him, and he might not have wanted to make it really big and such, but a lot of songs are near to him, and he's made them singles. Maybe he just wanted this one insted, i'll give him the benifit of the doubt, and I'll be happy there's a new single.:)
Just take a look at the singles he's released from albums:

VIVA HATE:
Suedehead
Everyday Is Like Sunday

KILL UNCLE:
Our Frank
Sing Your Life

YOUR ARSENAL:
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
You're The One For Me, Fatty
Tomorrow
Certain People I Know

VAUXHALL & I:
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
Hold On To Your Friends
Now My Heart Is Full

SOUTHPAW GRAMMAR:
Dagenham Dave
The Boy Racer

MALADJUSTED:
Alma Matters
Roy's Keen
Satan Rejected My Soul

YOU ARE THE QUARRY:
Irish Blood, English Heart
First Of The Gang To Die
Let Me Kiss You
I Have Forgiven Jesus

RINGLEADER OF THE TORMENTORS:
You Have Killed Me
The Youngest Was The Most Loved
In The Future When All's Well
I Just Want to See The Boy Happy

With the exception of "I Have Forgiven Jesus" and maybe "Now My Heart Is Full", he's never released an epic ballad as a single. He steers clear of really sad songs (again, IHFJ is an exception). He also very rarely releases rockier stuff (like "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side" or "Alsatian Cousin") or anything musically more challenging. It's almost always a typical pop track, even there are better songs on the album (and on the B-sides).

Are they serious? why? is it because they figure that fans are the only ones buying singles at this point so it doesn't matter what they release?

I think maybe "Children In Pieces" as the b-side.
Afterall there is an instrumental version so all Moz would have to do is add his vocals. (I don't know if that would actually work)

Can't wait to see the artwork. When do you think we'll see it? I think the end of November maybe.

Back
Top Bottom