New songwriting partner for Moz?

Irregular Regular

Forget my fate.
I came across this guy's music on youtube this morning, played 2 of his songs and thought he was fantastic.

Perhaps Moz should give him a call...

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one sounds like a longer re-write of "Some Girls are Bigger Than Others". It's good, but he's trying too hard to sound like Johnny, and well.. why would Moz want an imitation of Johnny? That was 25 years ago. If he really wanted JM, I'm sure he could get the real thing.

The first one sounds like a longer re-write of "Some Girls are Bigger Than Others". It's good, but he's trying too hard to sound like Johnny, and well.. why would Moz want an imitation of Johnny? That was 25 years ago. If he really wanted JM, I'm sure he could get the real thing.

Johnny might not be readily available Amy.
You know, there is only so much time he can have to spare after designing guitars, sunglasses, etc. :p

I wasn't being serious by the way, I just think the guy is pretty good.
Give the other song a listen, it's really good.
Yes, of course he is heavily influenced by Johnny's playing style. That's not a bad thing in my book though...

Johnny might not be readily available Amy.
You know, there is only so much time he can have to spare after designing guitars, sunglasses, etc. :p

I wasn't being serious by the way, I just think the guy is pretty good.
Give the other song a listen, it's really good.
Yes, of course he is heavily influenced by Johnny's playing style. That's not a bad thing in my book though...

Yeah, the guy is good :guitar:. I like both songs but the first one has the edge, it flows and it's just an enjoyable listen. This is purely speculative, but I thinkif Moz ever did approach Johnny to write with him again (maybe in the next world?), Johnny would drop the Healers like a hot brick. I'd love to see what they could come with.

I like this guy....Sod Moz, I might give this guy a call if he lives by.

Edit: oh for gods sake!! trust him to be on the other side of the world...bloody typical! I need a Johnny Marr soundalike over here :(

Here is another one, this one is called Dear Johnny...

Sorry Davie, Carlo appears to be based in Roma. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I know! an ideal songwriting partner who'd be great working with me....and he lives on the other side of the world! great :(

Tags
andy rourke johnny marr mike joye morrissey the smiths
Back
Top Bottom