New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 11, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / You’re The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Spent The Day In Bed / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Girl Afraid / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / I Won’t Share You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of @karelMoz

Last edited:
Longer I Won't Share You:

FWD.

Um.. this is a thing:

FWD :)

I filmed that! :) I’m seasickyet on igram. There were at least 100 or more ppl waiting for him behind the barriers. And even more folks on the sidewalk down the street and on the one across the street by the time he emerged. We gave him a great sendoff, I’d say. He certainly deserved it! :guitar:

Last edited:
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / You’re The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Spent The Day In Bed / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Girl Afraid / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / I Won’t Share You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of @karelMoz
Excellent gig but only 19 songs and done by 2200. I really truly feel sorry for the people who payed $400 + for a 1hour 25 minute night out.

Different angle:

Brooklyn Vegan:

morrissey-on-broadway-night-7.jpeg

Morrissey played The Smiths’ “I Won’t Share You” for the first time ever at final night of his Broadway run (video, setlist)

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/morris...inal-night-of-his-broadway-run-video-setlist/

Also, showing the inside of the California Son album on stage.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
What an amazing treat to get I Won't Share You. Definitely on my top 5 Smiths list. Kudos to Morrissey for doing all 7 NY shows and sounding better than ever!

Excellent gig but only 19 songs and done by 2200. I really truly feel sorry for the people who payed $400 + for a 1hour 25 minute night out.

I was one of those. On top of the $421 ticket, had to buy his album for a presale code. Then the presale only had row N as the closest row. The next day, the regular onsale had all the way up to row A. And then prices actually went down during the show week. I enjoy his music of course but that price was way too much and I definitely feel swindled by how it was handled. I just wonder if it was Morrissey’s team or the venue that was responsible.

I hear you, but it is pretty much the average running time for one of his performances. He wasn't, isn't, and will never be a Bruce Springsteen like four hour performer.

In show business the saying is "always leave them wanting more." And our boy has taken this to heart. The worst is when a concert is cancelled, or actually cut short due to audience malfeasance (Both of which have happened to me.) So measured against this, the odds of all the dates being completed from beginning to end is worth taking into consideration, and with the revamped set list well worth the price of admission.

Hoping for a massive blue-ray of the gigs featuring all the songs played. Great selection of songs.

Girl Afraid/Chain Gang caught in full on the last night.
Potato cam, but audio is useable.

Different angle Girl Afraid:

Goodnight,
FWD.

I hear you, but it is pretty much the average running time for one of his performances. He wasn't, isn't, and will never be a Bruce Springsteen like four hour performer.

In show business the saying is "always leave them wanting more." And our boy has taken this to heart. The worst is when a concert is cancelled, or actually cut short due to audience malfeasance (Both of which have happened to me.) So measured against this, the odds of all the dates being completed from beginning to end is worth taking into consideration, and with the revamped set list well worth the price of admission.
who in their right mind would want to sit through four hours of anything,especially springsteen.i think 90 minutes is just right for a concert.

who in their right mind would want to sit through four hours of anything,especially springsteen.i think 90 minutes is just right for a concert.
How can any music fan, rock or otherwise, not like Springsteen? That to me is so utterly inconceivable. Listen to a song like The Ghost of Tom Joad or Downbound Train and tell me you honestly don't feel anything.

Yes he is getting a lot of stick in the UK at the moment. This is due to him officially and visibly endorsing a political party whose aims are to protect the rich, protect Israel, spend more on the military, and abandon any attempts to protect the natural world. For not understanding this, the man is a total f***ing idiot.

That’s a cracking setlist! As much as I love “World Peace”, I imagine the middle section flows better without it. I wish I was there, the videos and sound are brilliant and that first run of songs would’ve been a privilege to attend.

I’m really hoping for a DVD/BluRay release of the residency. A recording of one night (either tonight or last Saturday I’d imagine) and all of the additional songs as special features would do nicely. A smaller replica of the pamphlet fans got would be cool.

How can any music fan, rock or otherwise, not like Springsteen? That to me is so utterly inconceivable. Listen to a song like The Ghost of Tom Joad or Downbound Train and tell me you honestly don't feel anything.
sorry greggyboy his voice doesn't do anything for me,if it does for you then fine.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom