New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 4, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Girl Afraid / Spent The Day In Bed / Dial-a-Cliché / Is It Really So Strange? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Morning Starship / World Peace Is None of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Sunny / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Something Is Squeezing My Skull // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

• Les Misérables: A review of Morrissey on Broadway by Mark Phinney (1 photo) - Vanyaland. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Photo posted by SuburbanChic:

full

Last edited:
A friend attended last night, said Moz looked great and sounded beyond fantastic and they have been attending concerts from the days of The Smiths. Apparently in a bar near the theatre everyone was hyper about the concert. I said only the jealous in UK don’t get a true icon. They’d rather listen to brainwashed bloggers and losers. :rolleyes: Lol. Their loss.

Agree, though the chorus of IYDLikeMe
was pretty powerful live, and seems to
me it’s his message to those who don’t agree with his recent views, ending with ...’don’t get your knickers in a twist’. Munich seems to be his tribute to those young men who died and I’m sure some of his British patriotism is in there too.
I enjoyed World Peace actually.
Guess we should be happy with what songs he is doing.

I was surprised to see how the audience reacted to Paris, It’s a fine pop song, but was surprised by the positive response it got, unlike Sunny which was another highlight, seemed to go over most of the audiences heads, and I think Morrissey could tell this, though there seemed also to be some sound problem, same when Jesse’s tech had to come out and fix a problem during How Soon.

Yeah, another fine pop song, though I wish he would drop FOTGang for a better closer.

Still hoping for ITYWDead :pray::)

Don’t know if I’ll go to anymore shows, time will tell.
Well that takes care of what I wanted to ask you

I have never seen him more comfortable and happy. All INFP's will understand what a challenge both of those are for us.

Well, I'd put good money on a digital version released on the 10th too.
I'm starting to feel this isn't a track recorded in Italy, but time will tell...

In other news, setlist.fm finally put Sunny back on the list. You'd think someone editing it that 'was there' would know if it was played or not.
Regards,
FWD.
Look At The Back Cover .. It Was Recorded In LA ( Sunset Sound Studios ) ..

Attachments

• CS731111-01B-BIG.jpg
    CS731111-01B-BIG.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
I Give Morrissey My life ....:):):):):thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• D5wuyeiXsAANCbW.jpg
    D5wuyeiXsAANCbW.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
  • D5wzQ6JXsAcX-HA.jpg
    D5wzQ6JXsAcX-HA.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 0
Look At The Back Cover .. It Was Recorded In LA ( Sunset Sound Studios ) ..
I have looked at the back and made tbe point about the wording's ambiguity 5 days ago here:
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/here’s-the-wedding-bell-blues-vinyl.143936/#post-1987166718
When the single was announced, it was reported by many places as:
20190505_181819.jpg

It was announced in amongst singles that didn't exist, B-sides that swapped places on the vinyl and a more than usual level of misinformation - so being cautious is completely prudent.
The song was registered at the exact same time as I Thought You Were Dead ('17) and has been on the cards for a long time. The instruments sound, however, like it was recorded at Sunset. All will be known next week.
Enough of this - let's try and stay on topic.
Regards,
FWD.

What was the name of Edith Piaf’s song which she whistles? It was played during the clips before show started.

Or maybe this? LP does whistle in it. Can’t remember if this is the version Morrissey used, or what you’re looking for.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom