New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden (June 27, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Istanbul / Will Never Marry / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / What She Said // Now My Heart Is Full

setlist provided by Amsden

Last edited:
Agreed. As per usual, the rules don't apply to the upper classes and corporations.

These are the moments in which I feel that we are fighting a losing battle, when people are even showing plain ignorance at such a small level.

no we don't care about them as well. casual fans given tickets who probably don't care all that much one way or the other. as to the non veggie menu, like someone else said that shame is reserved for Madison square

But not the non-vegetarian menu, it seems.

So, you find it the right behaviour from MSG? Someone requests something. They agree to it. Nobody put a gun to their heads to make them agree. They could've said no. But to agree to something and make everyone believe that it takes place, and then go and spoil it while simultaniously accepting that it may chipping away at the reputation of your contracting party? That's shitty for me. And Moz doesn't even hurt anybody by requesting just ONE cruelty free evening.

No, you're not the only person. I don't care either. Actually, I see the setlist as a big "f*** you" to those people.

These are cheap points by both of you, the salt of the earth is not necessarily in the cheap seats which is why the Garden was so quiet. The suites are a fraction of the total capacity, so if it was only the well-heeled poseurs who didn't appreciate the song selection, how could they impose the impression upon the consensus that the song-selection for the evening was a failure?

I enjoy whatever Morrissey does, but I got the sense that everyone was waiting for something great to happen and and it never materialized.

First of all, and again, in comparison to other artists Morrissey isn't really a political performer. 2 out of 21 songs proof that. Secondly, let us play a little game now. Imagine you are Moz and MSG is ahead. Pick your setlist. 1, 2, 3, go ...

I know he's not really a political performer, but I don't need that when I go to a concert. I go to be emotionally moved musically, and he could've just sang "Ganglord" and "Meat is Murder" and I would've been fine, but do we need the visual aids to go with it?

As far as picking the set list? I was MORE than thrilled with the setlist he had last time I saw him in 2013 at the Tilles Center. Everything from I Know it's Over to You're the One For Me Fatty. It was a FUN show. This was not to me. I know a lot of people here enjoyed themselves, and that's great, I'm glad they felt they got their money's worth. I was very bored by him this time around, and so was a lot of people in the upper sections where i was sitting. Even my husband said to me I didn't look like I was enjoying myself like I usually do.

no we don't care about them as well. casual fans given tickets who probably don't care all that much one way or the other. as to the non veggie menu, like someone else said that shame is reserved for Madison square

No, it isn't. The shame is reserved to Morrissey. If you set yourself up as somebody both in a position to label others as guilty of murder (whilst spending 33 years doing EXACTLY morally equivalent acts by eating Cheesetarian-Corpsetarian 'vegetarian' shit) AND you dictate to the low-income section of your audience what they can eat, YET you allow promotors to see Corporate Hospitality packages that give The Rich an opt-out of your smug sermonising: then the shame is very, very clearly attributable to you. To Morrissey. Morrissey Is Murder. Absurd Bread and Circuses fake Radicalism from Morrissey. Again! Put #PutMorrisseyOnTrial for #CrimesAgainstAnimals

"This weekend I attended the Morrissey show at Madison Square Garden. Moz proudly announced that it was a historic day as Madison Square Garden went fully Vegan. Turns out it was vegan everywhere BUT the corporate suites. MSG offered up House Made Meatball Sliders, Hill Country Brisket Sandwiches, Cereal-Crusted Chicken Fingers, and Fresh Sushi Platters. Friends on the main floor ate vegan hot dogs. Thought you would find it amusing—though I'm sure Mr. Morrissey will not."

Really? Will Morrissey be donating the profits from those Corporate boxes to Animal Liberation groups? As Atonement? Or will he just move his ridiculous covered wagon Clown/Klovn entourage on to the next faux-outrage/outburst in the media whilst pocketing the profits of his fake rebellion? Will it emerge that Morrissey knew this was happening, but like his prison-bitch deference to Michael and Emily Eavis and Bono, did he calculate that pocketing the profits by riding the Pride rainbow freedom train was more important than his much-vaunted principles?

What does it say in the song 'Mexico'? "If you're rich"........f*** you Morrissey, ha! ha! charade you are!

best
~The Anarchic Archivist back in Kobenhavn after Ludovico at Blenheim with BB's ghost.

Morrissey, if you, or your people read this site, it should be clear to you that you have some unhappy customers; and as you know, the customer is always right. By now, you should have assembled a large team of data researchers to determine which songs should be included in each set list in order to attain the greatest volume of applause. You may be very proud of your new material, and rightfully so, but it's not about you, is it? It's all about us. Additionally, some people are annoyed that you have aged over the past thirty years. Seriously, a little botox and hairdye never hurt anyone. In fact, if you could refrain from eating anything for the rest of the tour, you would surely be back to your 1985 weight and you could easily fit into those lovely floral shirts that you use to wear. Hopefully, this won't make you too listless or unhappy, which brings me to the next complaint: you are too listless and unhappy: stiff upper lip, pull yourself up by the bootstraps, tomorrow will be a better day, and all that. So, in other words, just fake it. that's what the people want. Maybe you would be happier if you stopped thinking about all those heavy issues like animal cruelty, political corruption, police brutality, and inequality and injustice. Instead of those film clips that you currently play, why not just show some footage of guys getting unexpectedly hit in the balls, or play some cute cat videos. Everyone loves cat videos.

Taking these steps might eliminate 2-3 % of the complaints frequently posted after your shows, and I'm sure that would help you to sleep more soundly at night. While we're on the subject, I too have a bone to pick. How dare you plan a summer tour when you know my work schedule is chaotic this time of year. I was only able to attend one show and now I am very, very sad. You could make amends by scheduling a Caribbean tour this winter so that I can have a nice little vacation. Please shoot me your e-mail and I will tell you exactly which songs you should play.

lynnda

Everyone needs to stop responding to BB because you are just encouraging a manic episode of a very mentally ill man.

From the gothamist website ...

UPDATE:
A rep for MSG sent us this statement, “We changed the menu in the public areas for the show on Saturday night and didn’t make the same changes in the private areas. This was an oversight and will be fixed the next time.”

I find this statement quite bold. And most importantly "What next time, MSG?"

Morrissey, if you, or your people read this site, it should be clear to you that you have some unhappy customers; and as you know, the customer is always right. By now, you should have assembled a large team of data researchers to determine which songs should be included in each set list in order to attain the greatest volume of applause. You may be very proud of your new material, and rightfully so, but it's not about you, is it? It's all about us. Additionally, some people are annoyed that you have aged over the past thirty years. Seriously, a little botox and hairdye never hurt anyone. In fact, if you could refrain from eating anything for the rest of the tour, you would surely be back to your 1985 weight and you could easily fit into those lovely floral shirts that you use to wear. Hopefully, this won't make you too listless or unhappy, which brings me to the next complaint: you are too listless and unhappy: stiff upper lip, pull yourself up by the bootstraps, tomorrow will be a better day, and all that. So, in other words, just fake it. that's what the people want. Maybe you would be happier if you stopped thinking about all those heavy issues like animal cruelty, political corruption, police brutality, and inequality and injustice. Instead of those film clips that you currently play, why not just show some footage of guys getting unexpectedly hit in the balls, or play some cute cat videos. Everyone loves cat videos.

Taking these steps might eliminate 2-3 % of the complaints frequently posted after your shows, and I'm sure that would help you to sleep more soundly at night. While we're on the subject, I too have a bone to pick. How dare you plan a summer tour when you know my work schedule is chaotic this time of year. I was only able to attend one show and now I am very, very sad. You could make amends by scheduling a Caribbean tour this winter so that I can have a nice little vacation. Please shoot me your e-mail and I will tell you exactly which songs you should play.

lynnda

:rofl: nice one.

I see, as promised, you really left your mark on Glastonbury, BB.

No, it isn't. The shame is reserved to Morrissey. If you set yourself up as somebody both in a position to label others as guilty of murder (whilst spending 33 years doing EXACTLY morally equivalent acts by eating Cheesetarian-Corpsetarian 'vegetarian' shit) AND you dictate to the low-income section of your audience what they can eat, YET you allow promotors to see Corporate Hospitality packages that give The Rich an opt-out of your smug sermonising: then the shame is very, very clearly attributable to you. To Morrissey. Morrissey Is Murder. Absurd Bread and Circuses fake Radicalism from Morrissey. Again! Put #PutMorrisseyOnTrial for #CrimesAgainstAnimals

"This weekend I attended the Morrissey show at Madison Square Garden. Moz proudly announced that it was a historic day as Madison Square Garden went fully Vegan. Turns out it was vegan everywhere BUT the corporate suites. MSG offered up House Made Meatball Sliders, Hill Country Brisket Sandwiches, Cereal-Crusted Chicken Fingers, and Fresh Sushi Platters. Friends on the main floor ate vegan hot dogs. Thought you would find it amusing—though I'm sure Mr. Morrissey will not."

Really? Will Morrissey be donating the profits from those Corporate boxes to Animal Liberation groups? As Atonement? Or will he just move his ridiculous covered wagon Clown/Klovn entourage on to the next faux-outrage/outburst in the media whilst pocketing the profits of his fake rebellion? Will it emerge that Morrissey knew this was happening, but like his prison-bitch deference to Michael and Emily Eavis and Bono, did he calculate that pocketing the profits by riding the Pride rainbow freedom train was more important than his much-vaunted principles?

What does it say in the song 'Mexico'? "If you're rich"........f*** you Morrissey, ha! ha! charade you are!

best
~The Anarchic Archivist back in Kobenhavn after Ludovico at Blenheim with BB's ghost.

Steven Paddy McHypocracy is the biggest prick on planet earth !
Now we have another one to add to the list !
M S G NOT MEAT FREE GATE !
Time and time again we catch him out for being a CrankFraud. How can anyone take this stroker serious ? What's his excuse now ? He's a law unto himself it seems. There can be no doubt whatsoever that he has made lots of money on the back of animal suffering, he is to animals what colonel Gaddafi was to the people of Libya.
Statements of foie gras and the Royal family ! Kiss my starfish ! Let me just run through the menu that Jessica Pearson witnessed at Silly Stevens MSG performance.
Spicy tuna, shrimp tempura
Sushi platters
Cereal-crusted chicken fingers
House made meatball sliders
Hill country brisket sandwiches

WHATS HIS EXCUSE NOW ?

I wish him the absolute worst, I really do. Judge John Weeks had him summed up to a tee ! Devious, truculent and unreliable.
In an ideal world I hope he dies in a horrible motorway pile up and failing that I hope he gets pelted with meat missiles at his future crank performances or the F Y F Festival crowd could pelt him with hotdogs and cheeseburgers when he's cranking one off to his animal snuff videos.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

they were toasting with the meat brisket sandwiches while meat is murder was being played. everybody was having a laugh taking photos with the meat platters. im afraid that bb and benny once again nail it.

NME says meat was served to VIPs at MSG gig

Can't post the link but it is on the NME website front page

lynnda

How witty !
Such a shame though that you avoided the subject of MEAT ! I'll say it again MEAT, being served at M S G not animal friendly meat free performance !

WHATS HIS EXCUSE NOW ?

Everyone needs to stop responding to BB because you are just encouraging a manic episode of a very mentally ill man.

BULLSHIT !
Is that really your best ?

You and all the other idiots on here don't like the ghost of BB and myself because we are dedicated in bringing Silly Steven to rights.

So I shall offer you " The killer question " NOT MEAT FREE M S G PERFORMANCE ! WHATS HIS EXCUSE NOW ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom