Official Facebook New York dates added: Hammerstein Ballroom (Mar 20), Apollo Theater (Mar 21)

March 20th, 2020: Hammerstein Ballroom
March 21st, 2020: Apollo Theater

Posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

Also according to Morrissey Official on Facebook.

full

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
How big are these venues? Capacity speaking.

A quick search revealed

Hammerstein Ballroom 3,500 standing
Apollo Theatre 1,506

L O L at the cult post saying does it matter :laughing:

Expect a 4kin shitload of other artists albums signed on the merch stalls at these performances kids :cool:

??:knife:

Does that matter?

L O L :laughing:

Are you ?:wedding::poop: in disguise?

He’s smashing his tiny 4kin brain in trying to get my attention.

These venues are 4king Bingo halls. “1 and 3. BMG”
“On it’s own, Johnny Marr, number 1”
“3 and 4 back stage door (cancellation)
“2 and 8 the album’s shite
6 and 9 not a chance
3 and 5 Diesel hand jive
On its own number 9 British Press Winge and Whine
4 king hell Der Spiegel

A quick search revealed

Hammerstein Ballroom 3,500 standing
Apollo Theatre 1,506

L O L at the cult post saying does it matter :laughing:

Expect a 4kin shitload of other artists albums signed on the merch stalls at these performances kids :cool:

LOL I’ve received a thumbs down for revealing how small these venues are.
That has made my 4kin day (honestly)

NO TIME FOR LOSERS, CAUSE I AM THE CHAMPION ( doo doo) Once again .............

“Day oh ! Daaaaaay oh !
4ck you, 4ck you !
4 4 4 4 4 4 !
4ck you !
4,4,4,4, fork yoooooooooooooooooooooo”

Benny of the NME ?? :knife:

March 20th, 2020: Hammerstein Ballroom
March 21st, 2020: Apollo Theater

Posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

Also according to Morrissey Official on Facebook.

full

Yay! This makes.me.so happy!!! Thanks for coming back to NYC. I will be there. !!!

I guess the Apollo "residency" is only one night. Anyway, it's all good for this New Yorker.

Here's the Hammerstein presale info:

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/morrissey/event/00005858C49367A3

American Express® Card Member Presale
Starts Wed, Feb 26 @ 10:00 am EST
Ends Thu, Feb 27 @ 10:00 pm EST

Bowery Presale
Starts Thu, Feb 27 @ 10:00 am EST

And here's the Apollo presale info:

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/00005859BF625C24

Bowery Presale

I guess the Apollo "residency" is only one night. Anyway, it's all good for this New Yorker.

Here's the Hammerstein presale info:

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/morrissey/event/00005858C49367A3

Bowery Presale

And here's the Apollo presale info:

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/00005859BF625C24

Bowery Presale

Was looking for this. Thanks.
Yay! This makes.me.so happy!!! Thanks for coming back to NYC. I will be there. !!!

Same here. :)

I see the Hammerstein audience will be seeing him on album launch day - I expect the banter will be good!?
Regards,
FWD.

"First New York club shows in over 10 years" is a rather charming way of acknowledging that your audience might be shrinking somewhat. But fair enough - I just wish he'd chosen venues more like these for Leeds and London, as opposed to the cavernous arenas. (I'll be at Wembley, and looking forward to it, but still...)

"First New York club shows in over 10 years" is a rather charming way of acknowledging that your audience might be shrinking somewhat. But fair enough - I just wish he'd chosen venues more like these for Leeds and London, as opposed to the cavernous arenas. (I'll be at Wembley, and looking forward to it, but still...)

I don't think it is shrinking in New York - he's just toured a lot there & he likes playing different venues. Most people tour the same ones every two years or whatever their usual gap is - but Morrissey prefers to keep touring randomly & to mix up places.

I don't think it is shrinking in New York - he's just toured a lot there & he likes playing different venues. Most people tour the same ones every two years or whatever their usual gap is - but Morrissey prefers to keep touring randomly & to mix up places.

Fair enough! I'm only going via small sample / anecdotal evidence of friends in NYC who used to go to see him but now say they wouldn't be seen dead at one of his shows. (Their loss, if you ask me!) Or maybe they will still go, but in disguise...

Yeah didn’t he just sell a lot of tickets there like last year or so. As an east coaster I think his fan base is fine. I’ll see him in either dc or pa when those shows get announced which I think they will. Something will be at least imo

Fair enough! I'm only going via small sample / anecdotal evidence of friends in NYC who used to go to see him but now say they wouldn't be seen dead at one of his shows. (Their loss, if you ask me!) Or maybe they will still go, but in disguise...

I would bet on a disguise.

He's got a stigma hanging over him (which is probably his dream) so it's going to take a while before anyone name-checks him for a cheap status boost.

What wankery "He's (Morrissey) got a stigma hanging over him (which is probably his dream)...."

Come on , I'm sure I saw alot of other cities last year. But yes everytime , he makes sure he hits those 2 cities, and he should as a business man. Both cities have huge population.

Good response FMJ - & a common sense one which shows understanding of how these things work. ;)

Hoping I have better luck with the Apollo presale tomorrow. Does anyone have the Bowery presale code?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom