New York Dolls

iamkali62

Oh! I almost forgot! Last night I was channel surfing and I found this program on The New York Dolls. I thought, they've got to interview M. And they DID. It wasn't a proper interview, but they showed clips of him discussing how important the Dolls were to him. (I think he started the very first fan club for them.) Anyway, I wish I would've seen it at the beginning. :( He did say there would NEVER be another band like them, ever. Very reverent.

Oh! I almost forgot! Last night I was channel surfing and I found this program on The New York Dolls. I thought, they've got to interview M. And they DID. It wasn't a proper interview, but they showed clips of him discussing how important the Dolls were to him. (I think he started the very first fan club for them.) Anyway, I wish I would've seen it at the beginning. :( He did say there would NEVER be another band like them, ever. Very reverent.

if you buy the dvd in the extras you get to play the full Moz interview without it being cut up into clips.

love

Grim

if you buy the dvd in the extras you get to play the full Moz interview without it being cut up into clips.

love

Grim

Grim, really?? I don't remember what channel I saw it on, (because I get 800 channels (and I only watch about five of them.) Cool! Do you know what the DVD is called? I love seeing M discuss music- he really gets into it and you KNOW he's taking everything he says very seriously. Thanks!

this one?

ny01.gif
ny1.gif

nyd0b.gif
<< cute wee tongue in cheek

thanks to di as ever for gifs.

Could this be from the "New York Doll" DVD...about Arthur "Killer" Kane? It's very very good! I don't particularly like the NYD...but what a lovely person he was, Arthur..

I remember Moz saying in the interview that he didn't start the fan club...he WAS the fan club...:D.

Could this be from the "New York Doll" DVD...about Arthur "Killer" Kane? It's very very good! I don't particularly like the NYD...but what a lovely person he was, Arthur..

I remember Moz saying in the interview that he didn't start the fan club...he WAS the fan club...:D.

HAHA! Typical of M to say something like that. Well, it was probably true! I am not impressed by the NYD either but it reminds me of when Moz said that the 70's cheesy song, "Afternoon Delight" changed him forever.

Re: this one?

ny01.gif
ny1.gif

nyd0b.gif
<< cute wee tongue in cheek

thanks to di as ever for gifs.

He has the most fascinating facial expressions. (yes, I notice things like that. He also has interesting hands. I love it when he puts his mammoth tongue in his cheek. ( some have said he has an extremely long tongue.)

He has the most fascinating facial expressions. (yes, I notice things like that. He also has interesting hands. I love it when he puts his mammoth tongue in his cheek. ( some have said he has an extremely long tongue.)

tongue.jpg

you are not alone in noticing these things :p

a few more expressions thanks to di
ny07.gif
mx6.gif

Israel01.gif
chica8.gif
enf1.gif

cute.

I just got back from San Francisco and my hotel was right next to Bimbo's. They had a sign posted that read The New York Dolls will be playing this weekend. Anyone going?

Saw New York Dolls at Move 2004. They were absolute gash. Anybody actually like them or is it just the Morrissey reference?

I also saw them at Move 04 & they were brilliant! I'm assuming (so correct me if I'm wrong) you are in your 20's, this is not intended as a slur but that you are a lucky bugger to be so young that you don't have to appreciate the legacy of a band that whithout whom we would not have had The Smiths & therefore (I'm assuming, again that you like) Morrissey!

love

Grim

I just got back from San Francisco and my hotel was right next to Bimbo's. They had a sign posted that read The New York Dolls will be playing this weekend. Anyone going?

I'd be interested but I have no way of getting up there. Anyone live near or in San Diego interested in going?

tongue.jpg

you are not alone in noticing these things :p

a few more expressions thanks to di
ny07.gif
mx6.gif

Israel01.gif
chica8.gif
enf1.gif

cute.
LOL! I love the pic of him when he was very young, (or green) obviously listening to a question, and then, THAT SMILE and obvious embarrassment factor. He always moves his mouth to the side, and answers from the side of his mouth. I also love the expressions he makes while raising eyebrows and oh God, I have a problem, definitely. :rolleyes:

LOL! I love the pic of him when he was very young, (or green) obviously listening to a question, and then, THAT SMILE and obvious embarrassment factor. He always moves his mouth to the side, and answers from the side of his mouth. I also love the expressions he makes while raising eyebrows and oh God, I have a problem, definitely. :rolleyes:

But now, older and wiser, he's got the expressions down pat. I don't think ANYTHING would embarrass him now. I suppose he learned to quell his old facial expressions and he definitely restrains himself. Ok, no more! I could write a freaking dissertation on these comments alone.

I also saw them at Move 04 & they were brilliant! I'm assuming (so correct me if I'm wrong) you are in your 20's, this is not intended as a slur but that you are a lucky bugger to be so young that you don't have to appreciate the legacy of a band that whithout whom we would not have had The Smiths & therefore (I'm assuming, again that you like) Morrissey!

love

Grim

Having recently excited my twenties I don't consider it a slur at all, in fact, I consider it to be positively a compliment!

I understand what you mean, I haven't really got the back story so I can't appreciate what they led to however, unlike say, how I can listen to David Bowie's Low and think "Hey, this is kind of fun and interesting partly because without it I would never have got to listen to Kid A", I just found the New York Dolls to be a bit embarassing and very dull.

Still, each to there own, different strokes for different folks.

Tags
morrissey new york dolls
Back
Top Bottom