New York, NY - Terminal 5 (Oct. 13, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You're The One For Me, Fatty / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Black Cloud / Everyday Is Like Sunday / To Give (The Reason I Live) / You Have Killed Me / Spring-Heeled Jim / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Maladjusted / Speedway / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far Off Places // Still Ill

set list provided by Amsden

• Photo from @dreampropoganda / Twitter. Link posted by drmprop.

terminal5_2.jpg
  • I Followed Morrissey Around For A Week by Amy Rose Spiegel - BuzzFeed. Link posted by Amy Rose.
  • New York, New York 2012-10-13 (Morrissey concert) - Morrissey-solo Wiki

Last edited:
My hands were shaking because I was so excited to have the actual setlist in my hands. At the end of the concert someone amazing surprised me by giving it to me. I can't post the setlist now because I am barely alive from being packed like a sardine for over an hour. I will post tomorrow.

Congrats on getting the setlist. I would definitely not rush home and post a setlist on a Saturday night in NYC.

The show was great with a few notable moments. This version of "I know it's over", in my opinion, was the most noteworthy. It was a stirring, moving, perfect, absolutely fantastic song! Moz and the band were spot on, vocals and instruments/ volume levels in perfect harmony. I think the crowd realized what a particularly remarkable rendition of the song it was too. I was truly moved by this piece of music. It was the highlight of a great performance. Can't wait till AC in December!

Had a good laugh at Kristeen dropping the mic during "Fantastic Failure". Too ironic not to mention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNbNYhczxpc

Published on Oct 13, 2012 by Tony4Chivas
Absolute MAYHEM breaks out during this song and the shaky video can barely attest to the madness up front. Kyle is the 11 year old stage invader with Mozz at the begining of the song and he was KICK ASS as usual. Way to go lil dude!

He is not a "greatest hits" act, and never will be. Again if you haven't realised this by now it is hardly his fault.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But still, again, he knows it's over.

Does anyone remember what lines he recited in the middle of Speedway? Was it the same as Friday's show?

I wanted to a few hits like Some Girls, Irish Blood, Big Mouth, Stop Me, Tomorrow, Panic or Girlfriend in a Coma. But instead paid $90 to listen to mediocrity. I had to watch it all on a TV screen because Terminal 5 has bad sight-lines. I suppose we are suckers for tolerating this dreck.

Mediocrity? That is f***ing funny. Look in the mirror for some of that.

Does anyone remember what lines he recited in the middle of Speedway? Was it the same as Friday's show?

"Some are born for happiness, others for sorrow, but it's not for very long as we will all be dead tomorrow."

I wanted to a few hits like Some Girls, Irish Blood, Big Mouth, Stop Me, Tomorrow, Panic or Girlfriend in a Coma. But instead paid $90 to listen to mediocrity.

Hahahahahaha - there speaks the idiocy of the casual attendee. Wouldn't you be happier at an Elton John concert...?

I wanted to a few hits like Some Girls, Irish Blood, Big Mouth, Stop Me, Tomorrow, Panic or Girlfriend in a Coma. But instead paid $90 to listen to mediocrity. I had to watch it all on a TV screen because Terminal 5 has bad sight-lines. I suppose we are suckers for tolerating this dreck.

This is what is known to we doctors as "SoLow Syndrome" = "he didn't play MY favourite songs therefore it's all rubbish and he's a washed-up has-been, whine, whine, whine" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNbNYhczxpc

Published on Oct 13, 2012 by Tony4Chivas
Absolute MAYHEM breaks out during this song and the shaky video can barely attest to the madness up front. Kyle is the 11 year old stage invader with Mozz at the begining of the song and he was KICK ASS as usual. Way to go lil dude!

This is really excellent footage of what it's like to be in the pit when it goes off. (My mom would kill me if she knew this is what a concert is like. :p) I'm rather impressed with the fact the crowd observed the solemnity of the kid dancing on stage with him and they waited to jump or try to jump till he was off the stage. Rowdy but respectful. I bet it was fun. :D Terminal 5 looks like a Dixieland River Boat turned inside out. :squiffy:

Jesse haterz can f*** off, this version is tits.

Last edited by a moderator:
both t5 nights were great. sick of the setlist? stay home. not sure about the sound, as i was on the rail and it was loud. sounded fine though. the front of the queue all agreed that this was some of the best venue security we've ever dealt with. moz took a book i brought him. it was a great night(with the exception of this kyle kid).

This was the best set list of the NYC run in my opinion: Maladjusted, Spring-Heeled Jim and the miraculous I know It's Over. Once again, The Man's voice was fantastic, he looked fit, and the band cooked. When Morrissey sang I Know It's Over time just stopped.

I know I'm almost alone in saying this, but I love Meat is Murder. The production value is wonderful: the blood-red lights, the band wailing away, and Morrissey writhing and contorted on the stage in front of head-turning atrocities. To me he's never been an entertainer, he's always been a performance artist. He's not up there to make us feel happy, he's up there to make us feel. Good for him for avoiding the trap of greatest-hits and by-the-numbers feel-goodism. All those years ago he made people uncomfortable in the best possible way, and he's not going to stop now.

That said, my one caveat is familiar: Morrissey's back catalogue is second to none. In addition to the entire Smiths catalog he has decades of top-notch solo material to choose from; songs like Nobody Loves Us, Come Back to Camden, Now My Heart is Full and Trouble Loves Me are true classics; the list is one of pop music's best. I've seen him over many tours and many years, and he sprinkles the greats in from time to time, but he could construct a set list that would have them gasping in the aisles. The fact that he stands by some of his weakest material is something of a mystery, but I accept that he's singing what he wants to hear, and we're just along for the ride.

It was great to see him. Even silly songs like Ouija Board, Ouija Board sounded grand; his vocals on that were soaring and managed to make a novelty song into a haunting plea. He's still the most gifted singer on the planet in my opinion, a singular talent and one of the last of his kind.

Came over from uk for this , brought my 15 yr old twin boys to their first mozza gig and they (we) thought he was awesome. Now I first saw the great man in 84 so speak with a modicum of authority on this and have to say he was on top form. I was right at the front and thought those around me also enjoyed it - Anyone who says he didn't play this or that is a) missing the point of mozza and b) missing the point of mozza !!!

I last saw him at MEN in July and this was way better - I think he is great in these more intimate venues - As I say we were right at the front so pretty mental - God it was good!!

All in all $5k well spent and my sons haven't shut up about gig all day - Now my heart is full!!!!

That said, my one caveat is familiar: Morrissey's back catalogue is second to none. In addition to the entire Smiths catalog he has decades of top-notch solo material to choose from; songs like Nobody Loves Us, Come Back to Camden, Now My Heart is Full and Trouble Loves Me are true classics; the list is one of pop music's best. I've seen him over many tours and many years, and he sprinkles the greats in from time to time, but he could construct a set list that would have them gasping in the aisles. The fact that he stands by some of his weakest material is something of a mystery, but I accept that he's singing what he wants to hear, and we're just along for the ride.

Very well said. It is a mystery, indeed, that songs like "One Day Goodbye will be farewell" and "I will see you in far off places" get played as often as they do. They are not bad songs, really. They are not without their moments. But so many others get left on the shelf. But as you say, we are just along for the ride. And a fun ride at that.

This was the best set list of the NYC run in my opinion: Maladjusted, Spring-Heeled Jim and the miraculous I know It's Over. Once again, The Man's voice was fantastic, he looked fit, and the band cooked. When Morrissey sang I Know It's Over time just stopped.

I know I'm almost alone in saying this, but I love Meat is Murder. The production value is wonderful: the blood-red lights, the band wailing away, and Morrissey writhing and contorted on the stage in front of head-turning atrocities. To me he's never been an entertainer, he's always been a performance artist. He's not up there to make us feel happy, he's up there to make us feel. Good for him for avoiding the trap of greatest-hits and by-the-numbers feel-goodism. All those years ago he made people uncomfortable in the best possible way, and he's not going to stop now.

It was great to see him. Even silly songs like Ouija Board, Ouija Board sounded grand; his vocals on that were soaring and managed to make a novelty song into a haunting plea. He's still the most gifted singer on the planet in my opinion, a singular talent and one of the last of his kind.

The Meat Is Murder montage IMHO is Morrissey's finest work (of ART). Artists SHOULD make political statements in their output, and by that I don't mean they need to pass comment on the chicanery that is governmental politics. These are influencers of culture. Their message is the medium.

Industrial ag on land mass that is experiencing rapid desertification can only mean one thing: mass extinctions. End the industrial slaughter of animals. Save your kids, and yourselves.

I'd gladly and humbly experience another 100 consecutive nights of "Meet Your Meat". It should be a PSA. It should be shown in schools in place of the singing of "America The Beautiful".

Profound.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom