New York, NY - Terminal 5 (Oct. 13, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You're The One For Me, Fatty / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Black Cloud / Everyday Is Like Sunday / To Give (The Reason I Live) / You Have Killed Me / Spring-Heeled Jim / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Maladjusted / Speedway / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far Off Places // Still Ill

set list provided by Amsden

• Photo from @dreampropoganda / Twitter. Link posted by drmprop.

terminal5_2.jpg
  • I Followed Morrissey Around For A Week by Amy Rose Spiegel - BuzzFeed. Link posted by Amy Rose.
  • New York, New York 2012-10-13 (Morrissey concert) - Morrissey-solo Wiki

Last edited:
yes nyc can be rude, but moz fans in general feel that they are very entitled and this can lead to the mess that is sometimes known as moz concert...

i forgot to mention that i was very pleased to hear CRASS being played before the shows.

all these tree hugger types who que from 6 in the morning so they can be sure to be close enough to be able to hand over a tear stained missive, or a cuddle a fox badge, or another bloody copy of the works of some gay poet or other, all killing the live experience, get out of the way we need to dance.

umm... not sure where you go to shows, but i've only seen the killing of a live experience at seated venues where us that queue all day can't always afford pit tickets...

Fighting your way to the front is an absolute requirement. I can't understand those who don't understand this. If we all got into a venue, stood where we could, being careful not to touch or bump each other, just sway around and occasionally wave your hands in the air, as long as you didn't bother the person behind obviously. How depressing how joyless, fight for your spot or step back your going to kill the vibe. Look at the videos of early shows Wolverhampton or dallas, any Smiths gig mad wild mosh pits, passionate, sweat drenched, life affirming events, all these tree hugger types who que from 6 in the morning so they can be sure to be close enough to be able to hand over a tear stained missive, or a cuddle a fox badge, or another bloody copy of the works of some gay poet or other, all killing the live experience, get out of the way we need to dance.

Too right buddy, staying upright, jumping up and being squash, having a bloody sweaty right good mosh at the front, swaying about as one with your fellow die hard moz fans is what makes a moz gig (and previously smiths gig)...it's like a drug and it'sl like being part of it, moz gigs are definately participation events, anyone who moans and bitches about getting nudged or pushed at the front, get the f**k out and stand at the back you lightweight...and i've seen small girls and youngsters mosh packed in the best of them and still come out smiling

I deleted this post before but I am going to re-post it after some thought.

If crowd-surfing is all fine and par for the course, I'd like to see a crowd surfer's reaction when they snap somebody's neck and therefore leave them paralyzed. Would they even care? It happened to me and fortunately I was not paralyzed but it is a real danger that could happen. And that person only came to enjoy a concert. It's one thing to ask for help while attempting to get on stage, but when somebody uses you as a spring board it's wrong and when it comes from behind with no warning at all, you are helpless to react, let alone possibly help them on to the stage to get them where they want to be.

If you are on Twitter, you can check out Kyle's dad: @bravevampire

So as a recap, just to get this straight, was the dream that Moz would accept a blue rose only made possible by enlisting an honest, unknowing-to-the-master-agenda 11-year-old boy? Doesn't that seem weird to you? Then making him the tacked-on poster child of your blue rose movement, isn't something fishy about that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it so amazing to all that there was an 11 year old Morrissey fan at the show... I was an 11 year old Morrissey fan once... now I am 36... Weren't we all 11 year old fans at one time

Why is it so amazing to all that there was an 11 year old Morrissey fan at the show... I was an 11 year old Morrissey fan once... now I am 36... Weren't we all 11 year old fans at one time

i just find it a bit cheesy, that's all. like at one point(most could not see this), moz's stage crew had the kid on stage for a planned stage invasion or something. i guess moz is into it, but it seemed tacky.

i just find it a bit cheesy, that's all. like at one point(most could not see this), moz's stage crew had the kid on stage for a planned stage invasion or something. i guess moz is into it, but it seemed tacky.

Really? Maybe Morrissey knows the kid? :squiffy:

When you were 11, Morrissey was still great.

It's amazing to see a new fan of any age at this point in time.

Having said that, if I had an 11 year old son with a record that, when you open up the sleeve, revealed a close-up shot of a middle-aged man's bare ass, I'd be like, "yeah...I don't think so, son."

This was my first Moz show---I was about the third row back. I didn't expect the crowd to be so rough. Still, very much worth it. Whoever shouted "Morrissey wouldn't want this!!" when girls started screaming at one another, you're my hero.

Thanks to the cute guy in the leather jacket behind me that was shielding me from all the shoving the best he could, you helped make my night better.

But all in all, I'm glad I have seated tickets in Pittsburgh...I feel very old saying that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNbNYhczxpc

Published on Oct 13, 2012 by Tony4Chivas
Absolute MAYHEM breaks out during this song and the shaky video can barely attest to the madness up front. Kyle is the 11 year old stage invader with Mozz at the begining of the song and he was KICK ASS as usual. Way to go lil dude!

I don't know why people say such awful things. This kid LOVES Morrissey and you can tell Morrissey is enjoying every moment of Kyle's time on stage. It's a beautiful video - bumpy, but beautiful! Good for you, Kyle!!

At first, I thought the kid was adorable and a huge Moz fan but I got a but suspicious when he was on stage dancing with Moz like he was born for the stage but yet could not produce any of the lyrics to "Still Ill". To me it looked like he was dying to sing along but didn't know the words. So I looked into this kid a little and it turns out he was brought up by his Dad to listen Moz, went to his first Moz concert at 5 where his Dad brought him into a Moz pit on his shoulders. The kid was also featured in a book which I believe is called "Meetings With Morrissey" and the kid states that if his Dad had brought him up on Elvis, then he would probably be going to see Elvis, I guess not realizing he has been dead for a very long time. To me it seems the kid may be being used by his Dad. Maybe not, but at the very least it is questionable whether he was there or the right reasons and it is annoying to me that he was able to get so much attention from Moz if he isn't. In a few years when he is a teenager he will probably rebel and start listening to rap or death metal or whatever music will piss his Dad off.

i talked to one of Morrissey's security after the show, the 11 year old going onstage was Morrissey's idea

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom