Newcastle, Australia - Civic Theatre (Oct. 31, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / All You Need Is Me / Speedway (w/ Happy Lovers At Last United sung at end by Moz) / Istanbul / Irish Blood, English Heart / Because Of My Poor Education / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / What She Said / Good Looking Man About Town / Oboe Concerto // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by crawleyrocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a incredible show. There is no fourth wall with Morrissey and he thrives on the interaction with the crowd. I can't think of another singer who has that going on.

Me and my friends were walking passed the Stage Door at midnight to go to our car and there were a couple of security men wearing Morrissey passes standing near a People Carrier with its doors open and the engine running. We waited for 15 minutes and nothing happened. Then we got into our car and turned around as Morrissey walked out of the Stage Door and got into his car. We did a bit of a mad U turn and pulled up alongside and I was face to face with him both of us looking through car windows. I mouthed the words "Thank you" and he bowed his head and crossed himself. It was a lovely moment and he seemed unconcerned unlike the security men who seemed to behave like it was an assassination attempt. It all happened quickly and we didn't mean to be freakish. It seems really funny now and I guess security were trying to keep him safe!!

It was a incredible show. There is no fourth wall with Morrissey and he thrives on the interaction with the crowd. I can't think of another singer who has that going on.

Me and my friends were walking passed the Stage Door at midnight to go to our car and there were a couple of security men wearing Morrissey passes standing near a People Carrier with its doors open and the engine running. We waited for 15 minutes and nothing happened. Then we got into our car and turned around as Morrissey walked out of the Stage Door and got into his car. We did a bit of a mad U turn and pulled up alongside and I was face to face with him both of us looking through car windows. I mouthed the words "Thank you" and he bowed his head and crossed himself. It was a lovely moment and he seemed unconcerned unlike the security men who seemed to behave like it was an assassination attempt. It all happened quickly and we didn't mean to be freakish. It seems really funny now and I guess security were trying to keep him safe!!

What a lovely moment. I'm sure Moz appreciated that gesture. You're very lucky indeed butley :)

Thanks for sharing this great moment :)

Favourite line of the night:

Morrissey: We had a great time in Melbourne. We had a great time in Adelaide. We had a great time in Canberra. (pause)... Wollongong was... interesting, and tonight, who knows?

Also I forgot to mention they did Speedway the good old fashioned way.

Morrissey: We had a great time in Melbourne. We had a great time in Adelaide. We had a great time in Canberra. (pause)... Wollongong was... interesting, and tonight, who knows?

I'm dreadfully soppy but I can't say enough how happy I am to read that.

That tour summary of each city was very funny. Regarding Newcastle: '...and tonight, who knows?' Well we know now. Thank goodness. What a show!

And, yes, it's the only way to do Speedway!
CR

Last edited:
Why is all this Bot shit being posted on Marr-Solo ? :cool:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom