Nick Cave speaks about Morrissey's tone in Shortlist interview - NME

You are a firefighter. Your job/expertise is putting out fires. You do not have a degree in psychology/psychiatry. So stop with the armchair analyzing. I do not have NPD. I have a healthy, positive self-esteem. Big difference. You don't even know me or BB. You read a few of our posts on a message forum. Nobody in my real life thinks I am even remotely narcissistic. They use descriptors like: confident, assertive, strong. Your oversimplification of me keeps you from seeing a real, fully materialized person. I have more layers and depth than the San Andreas fault. You just only have the tools to measure the shallow things on the surface.

All I know about you is what you post here, that is correct. This is how I or anyone else is going to judge what you are.

If this is not real life.....what is it? I'm sure you are not as shallow or arrogant as what you portray here..... How is anyone to know?

Get it together...

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me make this clear once and for all. Your opinion of me and my intelligence, beauty, creativity etc., etc., does not in any way alter, effect, diminish, or strengthen who I am. Not even the slightest. So I will continue to be me, remaining true to myself, even if your opinion swings to and fro, north and south, or from positive to negative.

Powerful. I like.

This is cool.....BW could lay it down...

I like "Babe, You Turn Me On"...by Nick Cave...... when I really want to get it on

Stay by me, stay by me
You are the one, my only true love

The butcher bird makes it's noise
And asks you to agree
With it's brutal nesting habits
And it's pointless savagery
Now, the nightingale sings to you
And raises up the ante
I put one hand on your round ripe heart
And the other down your panties

Everything is falling, dear
Everything is wrong
It's just history repeating itself
And babe, you turn me on

Like a light bulb
Like a song

You race naked through the wilderness
You torment the birds and the bees
You leapt into the abyss, but find
It only goes up to your knees
I move stealthily from tree to tree
I shadow you for hours
I make like I'm a little deer
Grazing on the flowers

Everything is collapsing, dear
All moral sense has gone
And babe, you turn me on

Like an idea
Like an Atom bomb

We stand awed inside a clearing
We do not make a sound
The crimson snow falls all about
Carpeting the ground

All rhyme and reason gone
And, babe, you turn me on

Like an idea
Like an Atom bomb

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, maybe he has occasionally resorted to lame tactics. As have I. But as a general rule he refrains form simple, lazy character assignations and instead uses his large vocabulary and effective writing skills to persuade and debate.

He has what's known round our way as verbal diarrhea.

I am a Sydney sider. It would be a big jump to go from not really being into Nick Cave to seeing him live but I guess anything is possible. The only album of his I own is that double one of Abbotoir Blues and Lyre Of Orpheus. I also bought the live DVD of that gig he did around the same time. I saw it on SBS and was impressed with his moves but I have to say I haven't listened to the album much since I bought it. It might be time to catch up with it.

I buy his albums and try to see him when he plays but I haven't seen him since Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! album tour. I haven't listened to him closely over the past 10 years, I'd say. Definitely try The Best Of. The solo shows this Dec sold out pretty quickly so I'll try for a ticket on Gumtree at the time. Where in Sydney are you? CR

Last edited:
I buy his albums and try to see him when he plays but I haven't seen him since Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! album tour. I haven't listened to him closely over the past 10 years, I'd say. Definitely try The Best Of. The solo shows this Dec sold out pretty quickly so I'll try for a ticket on Gumtree at the time. Where in Sydney are you? CR

I almost went to check him out but he wanted $100 to see him at the Fonda which truth be told has shit for acoustics and I wasn't about to drop a Ben on a band I never spun an album of.

Maybe a little obvious choices, but Into My Arms and (Are You The One)I've Been Waiting For are both wonderful tracks. Nick Cave is on my list of artists I still want to catch live, and for me there's not too many left on the list!

I almost went to check him out but he wanted $100 to see him at the Fonda which truth be told has shit for acoustics and I wasn't about to drop a Ben on a band I never spun an album of.

I hear ya buddy. I sometimes will go see someone I haven't got the CDs for if I think it's going to be a missed opportunity if I don't. Gotta be flush with cash though because these concerts can be expensive. Bob Dylan was at Sydney Opera House tonight and I didn't go but I couldn't afford it at $159-259 price range...he's one of those artists I think I should see, listen to or like but I never bother to check him out so I probably never will. I probably know more of his stuff than I realise.

CR

I hear ya buddy. I sometimes will go see someone I haven't got the CDs for if I think it's going to be a missed opportunity if I don't. Gotta be flush with cash though because these concerts can be expensive. Bob Dylan was at Sydney Opera House tonight and I didn't go but I couldn't afford it at $159-259 price range...he's one of those artists I think I should see, listen to or like but I never bother to check him out so I probably never will. I probably know more of his stuff than I realise.

CR

Not missing anything with bob .... appreciate his legacy and like a fair few songs of his but i saw him about a decade ago ... was awful live ! Think you have to really love his stuff to get anything out of him live. Not seen nick cave live either ... tried to get tickets for glasgow , edinburgh this year but went on the dot .... but the gigs i have seen on dvd/ youtube are brilliant

Additionally, if any of you Nick Cave fans want a masterpiece of an album, I urge you to seek out Rowland S. Howard's "Teenage Snuff Film."

31 posts later and not ONE mention of the true greatness? You all are POSEURS!

Last edited:
This is cool.....BW could lay it down...

I like "Babe, You Turn Me On"...by Nick Cave...... when I really want to get it on

Stay by me, stay by me
You are the one, my only true love

The butcher bird makes it's noise
And asks you to agree
With it's brutal nesting habits
And it's pointless savagery
Now, the nightingale sings to you
And raises up the ante
I put one hand on your round ripe heart
And the other down your panties

Everything is wrong