Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Maverick

Maverick
NC is really the only artist who comes close to Morrissey in terms of legend status.

He is an amazing singer / songwriter, author, actor, novelist & screenwriter.

And to top it all, he's just getting better with age - and not many can say that.His last 2 albums have been career highlights.

Any other NC fans on here?

I really dislike Dig! Lazarus Dig!, but everything else I really like!:D Easy to obsess over, I've been obsessed with Red Right Hand, Mercy Seat, Lucy, Henry Lee, Stagger Lee, O'Malley's Bar, The Carny, The Weeping Song!:guitar: Even God Is In The House!

I got the Birthday Party's last album for Christmas. It's the only thing I've heard from Nick Cave, aside from Where The Wild Roses Grow. I like it.

NC is really the only artist who comes close to Morrissey in terms of legend status.

And to top it all, he's just getting better with age - and not many can say that.His last 2 albums have been career highlights.

Agreed.

Yes, saw them at the Apollo last year. I really like the new album but in my opinion, although I like pretty much everything they've done, nothing comes close to the brilliance of No More Shall We Part. For some reason noone ever mentions this album when talking about Cave, it is like the forgotten album. To me it is perfection from start to finish.

Any other NC fans on here?

:thumb:
I've got all his albums incl. Grinderman and went to see him about ten times or more. :guitar: Missed Blixa though the last time. :( One of my favourite albums is Murder Ballads. And the Ass Saw the Angel is one of the best novels ever written. :)

A quite extraordinary album...

s78.jpg

It is. It's his most personal record - It is regarded by many as his most beautiful album. Many who don't like his work in general DO like The Boatman's Call. It's one of the most nakedly romantic, and desolate, records ever made. Funnily enough he doesn't like it too much himself like he said in several interviews:

Was he aware at the time...? "That I was doing the big confessional record? No, no. When I was making half that record I was furious because certain things had happened in my love life that seriously pissed me off. And some of those songs came straight out of that." Does it embarrass him now? "I don't regret making it but, yeah, it does a bit, because the songs are of a moment when you felt a certain way. When you don't any more, you just think, 'f*** - please!' " :D

It is. It's his most personal record - It is regarded by many as his most beautiful album. Many who don't like his work in general DO like The Boatman's Call. It's one of the most nakedly romantic, and desolate, records ever made. Funnily enough he doesn't like it too much himself like he said in several interviews:

Was he aware at the time...? "That I was doing the big confessional record? No, no. When I was making half that record I was furious because certain things had happened in my love life that seriously pissed me off. And some of those songs came straight out of that." Does it embarrass him now? "I don't regret making it but, yeah, it does a bit, because the songs are of a moment when you felt a certain way. When you don't any more, you just think, 'f*** - please!' " :D

"Black Hair" is one of the most extraordinary songs I have ever heard. Just his voice, a bass organ and a piano accordion. But the whole collection is superb.

Have you heard the alternate "Boatman's Call"?

"Black Hair" is one of the most extraordinary songs I have ever heard. Just his voice, a bass organ and a piano accordion. But the whole collection is superb.

Have you heard the alternate "Boatman's Call"?

Call Of The Caveman? Unfortunately not, but it's on my wantlist. :thumb:

I think Nick Cave surpasses Morrissey in his greatness (I know that's blasphemy to some in these here parts :p) He's a true renaissance man

Amongst other things, "Black Hair" is done with piano. Rather good.

If it's the same version that's on the B-sides and rarities collection, I know that version of Black Hair. Very nice. :)
I 've often been wondering whether NC and Morrissey appreciate each other's work. That would be my first question if I was lucky enough to interview them. Something inside me says they don't though. :straightface:

The info sticker on the "Boatmans Call" Promo says......

"Cave and the Bad Seeds extend thier search for faith both on a personal and spiritual level. The result is a series of songs that are detailed but never cumbersome.

He measures his own spirituality against that of Christ. The album contains many biblical rferences that reflect Cave's deep seated fondness wth the new testament.

Unlike with ' Murder Ballards', 'The Boatmans Call' switches its attention to the virtues of love and faith"

Guess that sums it up ha ha

Trouble Loves Me

If it's the same version that's on the B-sides and rarities collection, I know that version of Black Hair. Very nice. :)
I 've often been wondering whether NC and Morrissey appreciate each other's work. That would be my first question if I was lucky enough to interview them. Something inside me says they don't though. :straightface:
I very much doubt it. I don't think Moz appreciates misogynist, junkie, Bible~bothering, pretentious goths. Don't care much for them myself ;)
I can just imagine what Mr.Cave thinks of Morrissey ~ silly pom poof pop star!

I very much doubt it. I don't think Moz appreciates misogynist, junkie, Bible~bothering, pretentious goths. Don't care much for them myself ;)
I can just imagine what Mr.Cave thinks of Morrissey ~ silly pom poof pop star!

LOL. Exactly my thoughts. :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom