Nick Griffin offers his comments on the recent media-storm

A fan, it seems.

rh22Fkb.jpg

https://twitter.com/nickgriffinmep/status/419797399247532032

P.
Oh dear. Oh very deary me.
The Griffin monster obviously finds Moz's other pronouncments acceptable.
This is not good news for the Moz fandom.

Well, this could go on forever (as a matter of fact, on this website it has). Humans are uniquely moral, and that is our great potential and our great tragedy. It seems self-evident to me.

Agree.

Isaac Bashevis Singer is the man who said: "for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka," and I agree with him. Morrissey simply cannot make that argument: he lacks the intellectual heft. That said, he got us to feel it all those years ago. He should have stopped while he was ahead - for his sake, and for the animals' sake as well.

So true. He was an original, a pioneer.

I think all humans are under a moral obligation to fulfill our potential as moral beings. If Jesus gets you there, Hallelujah. If the FSM gets you there, RAmen. If Plato, Nietzsche, Satan or Singer gets you there, that's good too, because this ship is going down with all hands on board.

Well said. :flowers:

I cannot wait until the day that a carnivore comes up with a better response with (fanatic) vegetarianism other than "THEY NEED A BIT OF BACON!" or "GOOD HEAVENS, GO EAT A CHEESEBURGER." It is all incredibly boring, and it makes anyone look unintelligent. I don't agree with Morrissey's comparisons, but a lot of people who have a platform and audience that have responded to Mozzer's comments are only making themselves look just as ridiculous.

My objection to Morrissey isn't that he fraudulently echoes Isaac Bashevis Singer's ""for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka," it's his shameful, shameless opportunism in using the mass murder of young left-wing activists to self-aggrandise for career publicity, not for the 'animals'. Breivik was a psycopath, he didn't blow up a fast-food chain or a meat processing plant, he killed scores of young people because he classed them as "sub-human cultural Marxists". In stomping into the grief of Norway to do his usual face-time attention whore trolling, Morrissey surrendered any remaining plausibility as either an intellectual or an activist.

Yes, like many others, he has a wonderful voice, having trained it well over the years, but as a person and a political actor, he is ridiculous and so are all in his cult who still defend his bizarre sociopathic outbursts. He is absolutely no help to animal activism because he is now a laughing stock and people quite rightly point to him as an unhinged exemplar of irrationality with regard to these topics. In order to raise awareness about Carnism and Speciesism, it is not necessary to opportunistically gate-crash a mass-murder tragedy for brief headlines and career ending notoriety. The fact that many have bought his ridiculous Autohagiography is testament to the fact that most are now laughing AT him, not with him. All he notices is a temporary sound of "Ker-ching!"

If he had the courage of his convictions he would have repeated his preposterous words at the Nobel ceremony whilst playing "Milk Is Murder", glorifying the torture of the cows who are slaughtered when they no longer provide milk for his latte. If he has become a vegan, he needs to state that and accept he has been living a lie for decades. In his absurd book he notes that Jesse refuses to eat a non-vegan birthday cake laid on by Morrissey's touring company. This from a man who demands compliance with his psuedo-vegetarian animal rights 'rider'! Yet storms offstage repulsed by the smell of meat: ONLY to then go and eat at the local Temple of Carnism's most exclusive restaurants, the joyous karma of his Metal Peru Loo Incident was priceless payback for this shrill hypocrisy. He doesn't provide vegan food (or birthday cake) for band members, berates audiences for eating meat, then goes and poisons himself by eating in Carnist Temples instead of organising Vegan Tour Catering and patronising and advertising local Vegan Food enterprises. It's hard to imagine a more delusional troll.

His alliance with David Morrissey who was a paid shill for fast food corporates is just another nail in the coffin of this pseud. How he could countenance the cognitive dissonance of this actor reading his animal rights spiel is simply breathtaking. Enjoy the songs that remain that haven't been retrospectively trashed by the 'revelation' of the Autohagiography. He's a troll, but he's a melodious troll. He is NOT an intellectual and he is NOT a radical spokesperson for animal rights. More importantly, his intemperate emotional ventilation and outbursts make it very difficult to seriously present the issues of Carnism as anything other than a crank agenda. Any and all amelioration of animal and human suffering is worth striving for within the constraints of personal budgets and other values such as cultural sensitivity and hospitality honouring: but when someone resorts to self-aggrandising rhetoric based on utterly flawed premises, it's time to point out the Emperor Ex-Pop Star/Failed Paperback Writer has no clothes, other than perhaps one of those designer cruelty cashmere pullovers he's wont to parade to journalists like Paul Morley in uber-expensive London hotel suites. Do he pay for the animals retirement when they no longer produce wool? Or is he complicit in feeding them to his obligate carnovore cats? Ridiculous prat.

Milk Is Murder. Cheese Is Cannibalism. Steak Is Suicide. Beef Is Biocide. We've all moved a LONG way on from the juvenile tantrums of "Meat Is Murder". Throw a pint of sour milk at the eejit next time he tries that malarkey on stage. As a protest. For the animals. I contribute to the wider debate, the fact that it is taking place on a site for delusional cult casualties of the singer Morrissey is irrelevant to me. I find the endless contortions of his fan-base hilarious as they desperately try to ring-fence their decades of investment in a toss-pot. "Years of Refusal" indeed!

regards
BB

Last edited:
, the fact that it is taking place on a site for delusional cult casualties of the singer Morrissey is irrelevant to me.

regards
BB

Actually, it's taking place on a site which is one of the very few places - perhaps the only place on the internet where people challenge his ludicrous beliefs on a daily basis. Only a small percentage of people even here believe Morrissey's every word on this subject, and it is a measure of how out of touch he is that he cannot muster a greater number of people to his support even here.

What Morrissey fails to realise while ensconced in his ivory tower surrounded by those who rely on keeping him happy (what a job...) for their very livelihoods, is that his utterances damage the very argument he seeks to make. Now, there was a time, when you heard from him mostly in the medium of the three minute pop song, when it was easy to mistake Morrissey for a very, very clever man indeed, but as he writes less in that medium his limited intellect is failing him.

Regardless of the words of Neil Armstrong mankind does not make vast leaps. All change, all progress is made inch by inch. This will be the same with animal rights, and by making comparisons with victims of terrorism or the Nazis that progress is arrested, not advanced.

Morrissey is a fabulously gifted man with terrible case of the verbals that sometimes makes him look a right twerp! Nick Griffin is a fat bloated racist twunt who needs a shoe ramming down his throat, Unfortunately, Morrissey has, due to his ambiguous statements over a number of years, created a huge question mark over his views on race which people like Griffin will cling to like rats on driftwood. Morrissey will never make a clear statement on race, like he never does on his sexulaity, as he love the gossip. He reminds me of an old washer woman, hair in curlers, leaning on a mop handle, fag in the corner of the mouth. Bit like Les Dawson's Cissy and Ada!

By the way, I eat meat. I am not a paedophile. Stephen dear boy, shut yer trap!

He is a Holocaust denier. So I am sure he loves the Auschwitz comment. Or at least feels indifferent about it. His view--Auschwitz was not a death camp just a work camp. No one was gassed. Idiot.

One of them gets killed and deprived of 100% of their freedom beforehand, which would you prefer to be born as?

His alliance with David Morrissey who was a paid shill for fast food corporates is just another nail in the coffin of this pseud. How he could countenance the cognitive dissonance of this actor reading his animal rights spiel is simply breathtaking. Enjoy the songs that remain that haven't been retrospectively trashed by the 'revelation' of the Autohagiography. He's a troll, but he's a melodious troll. He is NOT an intellectual and he is NOT a radical spokesperson for animal rights. More importantly, his intemperate emotional ventilation and outbursts make it very difficult to seriously present the issues of Carnism as anything other than a crank agenda. Any and all amelioration of animal and human suffering is worth striving for within the constraints of personal budgets and other values such as cultural sensitivity and hospitality honouring: but when someone resorts to self-aggrandising rhetoric based on utterly flawed premises, it's time to point out the Emperor Ex-Pop Star/Failed Paperback Writer has no clothes, other than perhaps one of those designer cruelty cashmere pullovers he's wont to parade to journalists like Paul Morley in uber-expensive London hotel suites. Do he pay for the animals retirement when they no longer produce wool? Or is he complicit in feeding them to his obligate carnovore cats? Ridiculous prat.

regards
BB

This paragraph is pure poetry. Brilliant writing.

One of them gets killed and deprived of 100% of their freedom beforehand, which would you prefer to be born as?

I would always prefer to be born as a human. The human mind is amazing. I would rather be a human who suffers greatly (as I have), then be a cat who has a posh life.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom