NME: “Johnny Marr gives his verdict on Blossoms and Rick Astley’s Smiths Covers Band” (September 17, 2021)

Not sure whether Johnny is keen on this or not, he seems pissed off that Blossoms never mentioned it to him when they met a few weeks ago - Well, I met The Blossoms a few weeks ago and they elected to not mention it. Nice.

NME article kindly supplied by @This Charming Bowie:

(2 separate discussions merged).

Related items:

Um no. Morrissey is hugely successful solo. Marr is a former Smith.

Marr will never have the success that Morrissey has had, however his solo career is flourishing with each of his last 3 albums charting higher than the previous one and he now has a new record deal with BMG. Added to that, the next 12 months will see him take his music to a whole new audience starting with his support slot with the Courteeners this weekend and with The Killers on their US tour next year and this week the new James Bond film is released which features music that Johnny was involved in. So sneer away fella but Johnny's doing pretty well for himself and it's nice to see.

Marr will never have the success that Morrissey has had, however his solo career is flourishing with each of his last 3 albums charting higher than the previous one and he now has a new record deal with BMG. Added to that, the next 12 months will see him take his music to a whole new audience starting with his support slot with the Courteeners this weekend and with The Killers on their US tour next year and this week the new James Bond film is released which features music that Johnny was involved in. So sneer away fella but Johnny's doing pretty well for himself and it's nice to see.
"starting with his support slot with the Courteeners" that sums it up nicely, when Johnny broke up The Smith nobody would have predicted that his solo career would be such a 35-year endless disappointment.

"starting with his support slot with the Courteeners" that sums it up nicely, when Johnny broke up The Smith nobody would have predicted that his solo career would be such a 35-year endless disappointment.

I think Johnny would have a different view seeing it was his choice to go and work with lots of other bands after The Smiths and apart from Boomslang, in reality he only really emerged as a solo artist in 2013.

Depends on how we define success.

Morrissey is successful, a kind of success that Marr and many high charting pop acts will never have or know.

I’m glad Marr is doing what he seems to be enjoy doing, but I wouldn’t call it art.

🍅

OY Johnny FOKO Marr dealt with it.:swear
the dumb show can now go on:lbf:

ok :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: thank you for the thumbs up.
(as if anyone had paid any attention to his pap but
his half dozen docile trolls):hammer:

Not sure whether Johnny is keen on this or not, he seems pissed off that Blossoms never mentioned it to him when they met a few weeks ago - Well, I met The Blossoms a few weeks ago and they elected to not mention it. Nice.

NME article kindly supplied by @This Charming Bowie:

(2 separate discussions merged).

Related items:

Although JM did say "This is both funny and horrible at the same time" He may not have been referring to Rick Astley. He might have been doing something completely different and uploaded the wrong picture. For instance, he may have been poking goggly eyes from a Mr Potatoe Head into a poo but got confused when attaching the right image to his tweet. He is getting on a bit.

I don't mind Astley's voice but cannot agree with him singing Smiths songs. It just doesn't work.

Tags
blossoms johnny marr nme rick astley smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom