NME: Morrissey's 10 best lyrics

Moz might not be pop’s most charming man, but ever since the Smiths doodled their signature onto the nation’s pencil cases, the quiffed singer has pumping out lyrics that are remarkably easy to get along with – down-hearted yet upbeat, literate yet lively, never less than loveable. Whether they’ve induce tears of laughter, misery, or both at once, these 10 lyrics see Manc’s beloved pop-poet on his fiercest form.

The list on nme.com:
http://www.nme.com/list/morrisseys-10-best-lyrics/378170

They are clearly obsessed with him. It's annoying.

You're that stretch of the beach
That the tide doesn't reach
No meaning, no reason
The lonely season

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Brilliant!

"Again
I lay awake
And I cried because of waste

I'd love to
(But only with you
Only with you)

Oh, time is gonna wipe us out
There, I've said it loud and clear
So that you will hear
There's no one in view
Just you
Just you
And time will never wipe you out "

"Good times for a change
see, the luck I've had
can make a good man
turn bad"

"I'm standing in the dock
With my innocent hand on my heart
I've changed my plea
I've changed my plea to guilty
Because freedom is wasted on me
See how your rules spoil the game

Outside there is a pain
Emotional air raids exhausted my heart
And it's safer to be inside"

They ask me why i love him. I say how can i not love him

:tears:

'Your the One for me Fatty'. I remember him smiling and penning this as I was chomping down on my 2nd cheese sandwich. Look I feel really self conscious about eating at the best of times (esp cheese etc).And t0 make matters worse the cheese was from Battersea which only highlighted the tense situation more.

He always shrugs it off whenever I bring it up. He just says 'Just shuddupaya face and don this t-shirt with my latest tirade on Harvest or William/ Kate'. He continues, 'Look Boz, I have made you wear women's clothes and grow ridiculous facial hair but this song is not about you. Sure it was penned in your presents, but the tenuous link you are making between your weight and the location of the contents of your sandwhich is just silly and downright Marrish'.

He then turns his head and walks off humming the verse about Battersea almost as if to taunt me. I can tell he is smirking as he does this and confirmed so on his latest WPINOYB track 'Knifing with Smiler'.

Everybody Hurts..... sometimes.....

"Again
I lay awake
And I cried because of waste

I'd love to
(But only with you
Only with you)

Oh, time is gonna wipe us out
There, I've said it loud and clear
So that you will hear
There's no one in view
Just you
Just you
And time will never wipe you out "

"Good times for a change
see, the luck I've had
can make a good man
turn bad"

"I'm standing in the dock
With my innocent hand on my heart
I've changed my plea
I've changed my plea to guilty
Because freedom is wasted on me
See how your rules spoil the game

Outside there is a pain
Emotional air raids exhausted my heart
And it's safer to be inside"

They ask me why i love him. I say how can i not love him

:tears:

:applaud:

"Heavy words are so lightly thrown, but still I'd jump in front of a flying bullet for you."

'Your the One for me Fatty'. I remember him smiling and penning this as I was chomping down on my 2nd cheese sandwich. Look I feel really self conscious about eating at the best of times (esp cheese etc).And t0 make matters worse the cheese was from Battersea which only highlighted the tense situation more.

He always shrugs it off whenever I bring it up. He just says 'Just shuddupaya face and don this t-shirt with my latest tirade on Harvest or William/ Kate'. He continues, 'Look Boz, I have made you wear women's clothes and grow ridiculous facial hair but this song is not about you. Sure it was penned in your presents, but the tenuous link you are making between your weight and the location of the contents of your sandwhich is just silly and downright Marrish'.

He then turns his head and walks off humming the verse about Battersea almost as if to taunt me. I can tell he is smirking as he does this and confirmed so on his latest WPINOYB track 'Knifing with Smiler'.

If you know what's good for you and your azure balls you will shut the f*** up with this. :straightface:

If you're bored do a f***en crossword puzzle or download a game. Jesus.

Last edited:

Why does NME bother? Don't they know SoLow has wittier wordsmiths in Benny aka Bummie?

So scratch my name on your arm with a fountain pen
(This means you really love me)
Scratch my name on your arm with a fountain pen
(This means you really love me)
Oh

Exacto.

"Chapter one again
Here I go again
I found a fountain of youth
And I fell in
How could I ever win?

I'll never learn
I'll never learn
I'll never learn
Why should I mind?
Why should I care?"

"What she said I smoke 'cos I'm hoping for an
early death
AND I NEED TO CLING TO SOMETHING !"

"How come someone hasn't noticed
that I'm dead
and decided to bury me
God knows, I'm ready"

"You have destroyed my flower-like life
Not once - twice
You have corrupt my innocent mind
Not once - twice
I know the wind-swept mystical air
It means: I'd like to see your underwear
I recognise that mystical air"

How does he do it?!

Oh the cheeseatarian afternoons
That we spent in your room

Benny-the-British-Butcher

boz, do you think moz will approve if you diet?

Oh the cheeseatarian afternoons
That we spent in your room

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

"Cheese,Cheese,Cheese, let me get what I want"

"under the cheese-filled fridge we kissed...."

"you're the one for me, cheesy"

"Cheese-makers of the world, unite and take over"

"all you need is brie"

"i have forgiven Cheesus"

"Cheese Board, Cheese Board, can you help me?"

"world cheese is none of you business"

"share some cream cheese with me"

best
BB

Last edited:

Apparently you didn't get the memo that I'm the best. And ice cream is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"all you need is brie"

best
BB

He was a sweet and tender halloumi-on
Halloumi-on
And he swore that he'd never eat cheese and dairy again
But of course he won't
Not until he gets caught.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

P S Just to keep you in " the loop " Silly Steven is headlining the F Y F Festival and guess what ? That's right you got it, it's NOT animal friendly just like Glastonbury ! CrankFraud strikes again !

"all you need is brie"

best
BB

Thats really shit Handy - surely you can do better?

Of course Morrissey has wrote brilliant lyrics in his solo career, but I think the difference is the consistency in The Smiths, nearly every song had brilliant lyrics. As a song writer, myself, who always listens to the words over the music, I say I know when I've heard a great song because I always utter, "I wish I had wrote that song"! I'm saying this line all the time when listening to The Smiths, but less so with Morrissey's solo work.

Vauxhall and I is simply beautiful all the way though and closest to The Smiths' reaction. Other work like Southpaw Grammar is just dull as dishwater. In his later career Morrissey's words appear to have got clumsier, almost intentionally, such as with America is Not the World...

Did someone say cheese?

"I have spent my whole life in ruins because of people who arnt mice!"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom