NME: Russell Brand discusses ‘rude and hard work’ Morrissey

Russell Brand discusses ‘rude’ and ‘hard work’ Morrissey - NME
Jun 6, 2017

"He's got some sort of gravitas. People are properly affected by him."

Russell Brand has discussed his relationship with Morrissey, saying the Smiths legend can be “rude” and “hard work”.

The comedian is such a big fan of Morrissey that he named his cat after him, and in recent years the duo have become friends too.

Asked by a Q reader if Morrissey is “hard”, Brand replied: “He’s hard work! Everyone that knows him, even the people you think are as famous to him, really kowtow to him.”

“He’s got some sort of gravitas,” Brand added. “People are properly affected by him.”

Brand also shared the story of a witty put-down Morrissey aimed at him after a gig the comedian had played at Hammersmith Apollo.

Brand recalled: “[Morrissey] came to the show with Victoria Wood, God rest her soul, and Chrissie Hynde, and I was with Alain de Botton, the philosopher bloke. He really liked me, Alain de Botton. He was saying, ‘Russell is the most important social commentator of our age, that’s the thing. If he wasn’t a comedian, people would be saying he’s the most significant philosopher of our time. But he is a comedian, there’s no box you can put him in.'”

“And Morrissey went, ‘How about a coffin?’ He’s rude. He’s got these weird puns. He never fails to call Bryan Ferry ‘Bryan Ferret’.”

Last edited by a moderator:
And, finally, this is one of the best comments I've written on this site, again pretending to be somebody who knows me but pretends they don't know about me impersonating them. Etc. I think this was the last tour when I could get drunk and suspend cynicism enough to pretend to enjoy the shows without being overwhelmed with the froth of bullshit. Those days are gone. It's incredibly sad that there's now no lingering doubt whatsoever: Morrissey is an absolute and total fraud. Always has been. I am going to enjoy his desperate attempts to make yet another last-ditch kamikaze assault on popular attention only to be rebuffed as an unsightly singing troll.

I've been to so many shows it's absurd but now I only go to mock and chortle and only if I get free tickets. Even then I mostly can't be arsed. Morrissey maxed out the 'reinvention' scam even more than Madonna and he's ended up just as sad and ridiculous as she is. I suppose there's a possibility that Morrissey will realise he's f***ed it all up before he croaks and make genuine attempts to recant, repent and reconcile himself with whoever he was before he became this absurd tragic troll trapped in the mirror-pool of narcissism. I was listening to Nick Drake today whilst walking the banks of the Avon river. Nick's place in the 'rock' pantheon is assured. Morrissey will be forgotten almost immediately after the rigor mortis sets in. And really, that's all he deserves. If there's time I'll release a few albums in the next decade but it's not a priority. I'm too busy. And unlike this ridiculous troll Morrissey, I will pass from this earth knowing that for centuries to come my name will be invoked as a holy mantra for the work I've done whilst breathing the sweet air of planet Earth. To endure the tiresome distraction of 'fame' might have been worth it if I hadn't had so many other options. Only truly silly people spend their lives chasing fame. The tragedy of Morrissey is that he hasn't even achieved it. I can never hear an Adele track without smirking and thinking of his total desperation when he realised that 'the fat bird from Tottenham' has used just her Voice to become the biggest star on the planet and all his belly-aching about 'conspiracies' to stop him becoming the Indie Elvis were finally revealed as horse-shit.

f*** you Morrissey. And if you ever fancy your chances in the ring....let me know. It would be a very brief contest....

A*** the Angry Anti-Theist.
The Shire
Engerland

ps: don't expect me to respond to any more of your inane babbling. That goes for all of you, including Morrissey. Especially Morrissey!....*smirks*

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/comm...mentsort=0&mode=thread&cid=294327#commentwrap

Also Andy, obviously, something hit you hard psychologically (TRAUMA OF SOME SORT) during 2008 to 2017, according to your writing.

Yes, of course, because if *someone* types shit on the Interwebz it can be treated as a factual autobiographical narrative. Just like Morrissey's hilarious books....ROFLMAO! And I'm not called 'Andy' that's my childhood nemesis. He's dead. Or at least that's what his death certificate claims.

Carry on sleuthing. Thanks for playing...! :guitar:

Larry King: You and Russell Brand…are you friends?

Morrissey: Yes, yes, we’re friends.

Larry King: He’s hysterical.

Morrissey: Well, he’s insane. He’s clinically insane.

Larry King: He might be.

Morrissey: Oh, he is.

Larry King: Because he can’t turn it off, right?

Morrissey: He can’t turn it off. He doesn’t know who turned it on. But he’s a one-off and he has a big heart. He doesn’t actually like to upset anybody, even though he steamrolls in with everybody…but if he upsets somebody, he crumbles. So, he’s nice.

"Don't talk to me about people who are nice"

Morrissey is a bullshitter. End of.

Yes, of course, because if *someone* types shit on the Interwebz it can be treated as a factual autobiographical narrative. Just like Morrissey's hilarious books....ROFLMAO! And I'm not called 'Andy' that's my childhood nemesis. He's dead. Or at least that's what his death certificate claims.

Carry on sleuthing. Thanks for playing...! :guitar:

[URL='https://www.google.hr/search?client=firefox-b&q=Andy,+stop+mixing+prozac+with+schnapps,+I+beg+you,+for+your+own+good&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKhrTR-azUAhVJvhQKHTyuDh4QBQgdKAA&biw=1366&bih=646']Andy, stop mixing prozac with schnapps, I beg you, for your own good.
[/URL]

Quite brilliant you already reviewed an album which doesn't even exist, and which might not even be released. And for which nothing has been recorded yet. Possibly a novelty.
You are already enjoying yourself the annoyance and dislike it will give you.
But I like your critical view on all these so-called friends.
You sound mild BB, Moz doesn't iiritate you that much anymore?
Well, I guess there are other priorities!

No, he doesn't really interest me anymore other than to rubberneck at his car-crash career demise. He's just a silly singing Smurf with a side-line in gratuitous media trolling. And he's an ugly old f*** now to make it all the more amusing to watch.

Who's Andy? Oh, him.....LOL!

Stop trying to dig yourself out of the abyss you've created for yourself vegan.cro. You did your silly sleuthing, claimed I wasn't at the gigs yet the evidence clearly indicates I was with another poster confirming they met me posing under a pseudonym. You are a silly f***. You've made a total arse of yourself. You can carry on typing ripostes all night in the desperate hope of redemption but everyone else is laughing at you. Including me but not for long. You're really just too dumb to entertain me for more than a few minutes. I've only come here to wind down from media coverage of the UK Election tonight. I thought it would be helpful to talk babble with childish Morrissey 'fans'. You proved my hunch right straight away for which I thank you. It's been an amusing diversion.

A*** the Angry Anti-Theist

Last edited:
But but Andy, you tried to defend personal breakdown during 2008-2017. Just look at your sentences on Msolow during 2008-2017. Oh, something resembling a giant rat is crawling up the stage curtain in your inner mental peace via 2008-2017. Andy, Andy...

LOL! You really have blown your brains out tonight, for which we all thank you.

Daft eejit.

Now f*** off. Take that daft f*** Morrissey with you.

Girl, bye!

A**** the Angry Atheist

Andy, when you mixing prozac with schnapps, medically, you are excused from all adult obligations. And Andy, you are mixing.

But but Andy, you tried to defend personal breakdown during 2008-2017. Just look at your sentences on Msolow during 2008-2017. Oh, something resembling a giant rat is crawling up the stage curtain in your inner mental peace via 2008-2017. Andy, Andy...

I feel your pain. I feel your distress. You belong to that ridiculous cohort of prehistoric 'anonymous' internet trolls who think that if someone claims to be a 'real life' person on the interwebz then that is indeed so. But there's nothing you can do to prove/disprove your absurd attempts to interrogate my real/fake online narratives. What are you going to do? Turn up outside my house and give the neighbours print-outs of my comment history and warn them that I am "BrummieBoy". Please do that so we can all have a laugh whilst getting you to a place of safety under emergency medication. I am going to bed now. No doubt I will get up in the morning and peruse your inane, insane babbling which I fully expect will go on all night as you attempt 'alert the community' to the truth about 'BrummieBoy. Ask around this place, mofo. Ask Viva Hate, Skylarker and that woman from Cali who posted 370000 comments about her 'inner mental state' on one thread...Crystal Geezer! They tried all this in 2012 during the Olympics. All had a mental breakdown when they realised that not only had they walked into a pretty obvious trap but that their personal details had been sent to me by their 'friends'. No doubt some of your 'friends' here will give me an amusing file on the real 'you' hiding behind vegan.cro. But don't flatter yourself that I'd even read it. I already know you're a saddo and tonight you have just reduced yourself to the state of absolute ridicule which is the fate of all who try to take on'BrummieBoy'. Everyone fails. It's kind of sad nobody alerted you via PM to warn you before you jumped off this cliff but, that's life!

Goodnight vegan.cro. I hope you have someone to turn to as your work through your despair at being comprehensively humiliated by BrummieBoy. Anyone else out there who fancies their chances, including Morrissey: Bring it!

as you were
A***** The Angry Anti-Theist
*sips cognac & smiles*

I feel your pain. I feel your distress. You belong to that ridiculous cohort of prehistoric 'anonymous' internet trolls who think that if someone claims to be a 'real life' person on the interwebz then that is indeed so. But there's nothing you can do to prove/disprove your absurd attempts to interrogate my real/fake online narratives. What are you going to do? Turn up outside my house and give the neighbours print-outs of my comment history and warn them that I am "BrummieBoy". Please do that so we can all have a laugh whilst getting you to a place of safety under emergency medication. I am going to bed now. No doubt I will get up in the morning and peruse your inane, insane babbling which I fully expect will go on all night as you attempt 'alert the community' to the truth about 'BrummieBoy. Ask around this place, mofo. Ask Viva Hate, Skylarker and that woman from Cali who posted 370000 comments about her 'inner mental state' on one thread...Crystal Geezer! They tried all this in 2012 during the Olympics. All had a mental breakdown when they realised that not only had they walked into a pretty obvious trap but that their personal details had been sent to me by their 'friends'. No doubt some of your 'friends' here will give me an amusing file on the real 'you' hiding behind vegan.cro. But don't flatter yourself that I'd even read it. I already know you're a saddo and tonight you have just reduced yourself to the state of absolute ridicule which is the fate of all who try to take on'BrummieBoy'. Everyone fails. It's kind of sad nobody alerted you via PM to warn you before you jumped off this cliff but, that's life!

Goodnight vegan.cro. I hope you have someone to turn to as your work through your despair at being comprehensively humiliated by BrummieBoy. Anyone else out there who fancies their chances, including Morrissey: Bring it!

as you were
A***** The Angry Anti-Theist
*sips cognac & smiles*

Andy, you are seventy-five (75) years old, bold & fat, and your credibility is ruined beyond repair. Nothing can work for you (prozac & schnapps even) tagging alone (day in day out on MSolow) like a dateless weirdo at a party. But but, all you have is empty shallow vessel -MSolow- for your fart-cloud personality. Take a good look at your life, chap. Real horror story.
Andy, goodnight, and be sure, your dreams are not cocktail-party.
Remember, without Morrissey you are nothing, even today he saved your life.

Last edited:
The hunting thing gives Morrissey another stick to beat Bryan Ferry with, but the real reason he hates him is he thinks he stole Johnny from him all those years ago. Personally I find all the nicknames he comes up with for people he despises to be very childish, and they don't reflect well on his (supposed) wit.

Andy, you are seventy-five (75) years old, bold & fat, and your credibility is ruined beyond repair. Nothing can work for you (prozac & schnapps even) tagging alone (day in day out on MSolow) like a dateless weirdo at a party. But but, all you have is empty shallow vessel -MSolow- for your fart-cloud personality. Take a good look at your life, chap. Real horror story.

This is rather tragic...LOL!
I'm younger than Morrissey with an almost-full head of hair, not that that matters.
You've tried to discredit me via my imagined age/appearance/mental health whilst claiming to be some sort of 'leading commentator' on this site who can define who does/doesn't have 'credibility. I haven't commented on this site for months yet you resort to that desperate cliche that I'm here 'day in day out'.
Morrissey didn't save my life but he may have sucked my cock a few times....metaphorically.....LOL!

Take a look at my life?

"my life is soap-opera. online Photoshop soap-opera"

Morrissey has spent his entire life trying to become a man like me, a man like he can never be. It's sad. He just doesn't have the Right Stuff hence his obsession with real Alphas like me.

I've had a lovely sleep but I'm up at dawn to walk the dog, get on with some real work and to chill out for tonight's UK election result. You have distracted and amused me but if you want to carry on your silly nonsense, there's a helpful thread where you can go but don't assume I'll read reply to your desperate entreaties. Carry on PM'ing all the supposed 'chief trolls' on this site to build allies. Turn up at my house/place of work. I promise, the welcome will be several degrees beyond 'warm'.....You might also want to consider whether or not I'm a trained boxer/MMA/ex-military kind of mental case....LOL!

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/what-morrissey-fans-do-you-hate.136361/

Don't forget to contact all the band on FB and tell them you've found out who the 'real Brummie Boy' is. They will be either/both confused /amused, having dealt with similar bat-shit crazy 'defenders of Morrissey' in the past. You probably think Morrissey will bless you for challenging me. He will just ROFL when he's advised that another poor sap is 'going to expose BrummieBoy'. Have you considered I might be trolling the trolls? Have you considered I may have been sent here by Bowie. Or by Morrissey? You do realise that some people think I am Morrissey? Or one of his mates having fun raising this site to rubble? I don't comment on any of that as to do so would be 'inappropriate'. But, y'know, if you need to march up and down Oxford Street with a placard denouncing me and demanding the UK police arrest me for 'crimes against Morrissey' then go ahead. Some of us have seen all that stuff before and would find a repeat exercise in 'exposing BrummieBoy' an amusing diversion. I'm not sure what Morrissey thinks of this online asylum but his writing reveals an amused engagement with the excesses of Fan Fiction. He knows I'm not a 'fan'. He's not quite sure who I am in relation to him but he knows that I hold all the cards, if indeed there are any cards and that's not just another poker bluff. It's really none of your business. I'm bored of you. I tire of you. Begone!

"as you were"

This is rather tragic...LOL!
I'm younger than Morrissey with an almost-full head of hair, not that that matters.
You've tried to discredit me via my imagined age/appearance/mental health whilst claiming to be some sort of 'leading commentator' on this site who can define who does/doesn't have 'credibility. I haven't commented on this site for months yet you resort to that desperate cliche that I'm here 'day in day out'.
Morrissey didn't save my life but he may have sucked my cock a few times....metaphorically.....LOL!

Take a look at my life?

"my life is soap-opera. online Photoshop soap-opera"

Morrissey has spent his entire life trying to become a man like me, a man like he can never be. It's sad. He just doesn't have the Right Stuff hence his obsession with real Alphas like me.

I've had a lovely sleep but I'm up at dawn to walk the dog, get on with some real work and to chill out for tonight's UK election result. You have distracted and amused me but if you want to carry on your silly nonsense, there's a helpful thread where you can go but don't assume I'll read reply to your desperate entreaties. Carry on PM'ing all the supposed 'chief trolls' on this site to build allies. Turn up at my house/place of work. I promise, the welcome will be several degrees beyond 'warm'.....You might also want to consider whether or not I'm a trained boxer/MMA/ex-military kind of mental case....LOL!

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/what-morrissey-fans-do-you-hate.136361/

Don't forget to contact all the band on FB and tell them you've found out who the 'real Brummie Boy' is. They will be either/both confused /amused, having dealt with similar bat-shit crazy 'defenders of Morrissey' in the past. You probably think Morrissey will bless you for challenging me. He will just ROFL when he's advised that another poor sap is 'going to expose BrummieBoy'. Have you considered I might be trolling the trolls? Have you considered I may have been sent here by Bowie. Or by Morrissey? You do realise that some people think I am Morrissey? Or one of his mates having fun raising this site to rubble? I don't comment on any of that as to do so would be 'inappropriate'. But, y'know, if you need to march up and down Oxford Street with a placard denouncing me and demanding the UK police arrest me for 'crimes against Morrissey' then go ahead. Some of us have seen all that stuff before and would find a repeat exercise in 'exposing BrummieBoy' an amusing diversion. I'm not sure what Morrissey thinks of this online asylum but his writing reveals an amused engagement with the excesses of Fan Fiction. He knows I'm not a 'fan'. He's not quite sure who I am in relation to him but he knows that I hold all the cards, if indeed there are any cards and that's not just another poker bluff. It's really none of your business. I'm bored of you. I tire of you. Begone!

"as you were"

"Andy, you have left the Smiths. Good luck and goodbye, Morrissey".

The hunting thing gives Morrissey another stick to beat Bryan Ferry with, but the real reason he hates him is he thinks he stole Johnny from him all those years ago. Personally I find all the nicknames he comes up with for people he despises to be very childish, and they don't reflect well on his (supposed) wit.
Childish? Hilarious!
Adults are big kids. We just put on a mask every morning.

https://www.guelphmercury.com/whatson-story/7364242-russell-brand-morrissey-is-rude/

I think this photo is from the party mentioned

morrissey_poppie.jpg

refer to previous replies, do not expect additonal detail, goodbye

Morrissey being hard work reminds me of this part from The Severed Alliance:

The major problem for the ever discriminating girls was Morrissey's personality. As classmate Julie Porter pondered: "A lot of people tried to get to know him but he was such hard work. He'd cut you short and appeared miserable and very reserved. Quite a lot of girls thought he was ridiculous."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom