No I've never had a job, because I'm too shy

This line hit me hard when I first heard it- that someone could admit to feeling that way, I thought I was the only one.

It's also my life right now and it’s pretty dismal. I’m pretty shy and because I’ve had no pressing need to be employed in the past I’ve only had a couple of short-term jobs but that’s coming back to bite me now- I have a big gaping hole on my CV where ‘experience’ should be listed. So I lay myself out to these people, trying to say all the right things, remember to smile, speak clearly, shake hand firmly etc, etc, whilst all the time hugely resenting having to go through the whole thing for jobs I don’t even want. I’ve got over my nerves now at least, after a while you stop caring particularly. I have another interview next week to work for an electrical company… feel like I’m selling my soul, shoot me now please! Anyway, I could rant on/ cry about this for some time so I’ll stop here…

I hated my old job at a grocery store. It was absolutely disgusting, there were rats everywhere, and the health inspector seemed to not give a shit. The only reason I stared there was because it payed well.

I really enjoy job interview I mean I've been to... two:D. Allthough it's often pretty entertaining and you'll learn alot.

Or maybe I've just been lucky with my employers?

ugh,
so I was running late to my second and final interview today, and I had to run there to be on time, and I was out of breath. And the owner caught me off guard, but I still managed to get the job. and im gonna get paid the same as my last retail job, but atleast this time I make comission plus hourly. which is nice.

After that, however, I went shopping, and the dude I went on a date with last week asked me to meet him at a bar. So I show up 15 mins late, and he's giving me shit. This is after I waited around for him first, coz i was just gonna go home. Instead I decide to meet him while I'm out there.
Anyway, We're at the bar for 5 minutes, and all of a sudden a bunch of his work friends show up, unexpected, and they sit at our table. and I'm totally quiet, because first of all they're boring, second of all, they're hollywood fake, and I was too damn tired and uninspired to waste energy on playing fake. and I was pissed off coz Mr. Dude that was supposedly rushing me to get there, now has a posse full of friends who he's talking to, and ignoring ME. So after 20 minutes of listening to their shit, and not saying a word, I decided to leave. I might be over reacting, but it really pissed me off. All i wanted to do was hang out with him. dammit! i hate 'dates'

LOL i just vented. ok Thanks though for listening.

I can't get a job because I screw up writing applications.So I just volunteer at a Animal Shelter,hoping someday they will offer me a job.

:(

I can't get a job because I screw up writing applications.So I just volunteer at a Animal Shelter,hoping someday they will offer me a job.

:(

This is a problem people have. The best thing to do is go in to a place, ask for an application, then go home and either have someone else fill it out or make copies so you can fill it out a few times if you make mistakes.

This is a problem people have. The best thing to do is go in to a place, ask for an application, then go home and either have someone else fill it out or make copies so you can fill it out a few times if you make mistakes.

Some job applications you can get online and can type them out. Which is good, so then you can just print them out and sign them or email hem back.
but i guess this is only for quite big companies, industries etc

I must write CV and a cover letter for a job until Thursday... I have never applied for a job, but when I send these things for academic purposes I usually get turned down :confused:

ugh,
so I was running late to my second and final interview today, and I had to run there to be on time, and I was out of breath. And the owner caught me off guard, but I still managed to get the job. and im gonna get paid the same as my last retail job, but atleast this time I make comission plus hourly. which is nice.

After that, however, I went shopping, and the dude I went on a date with last week asked me to meet him at a bar. So I show up 15 mins late, and he's giving me shit. This is after I waited around for him first, coz i was just gonna go home. Instead I decide to meet him while I'm out there.
Anyway, We're at the bar for 5 minutes, and all of a sudden a bunch of his work friends show up, unexpected, and they sit at our table. and I'm totally quiet, because first of all they're boring, second of all, they're hollywood fake, and I was too damn tired and uninspired to waste energy on playing fake. and I was pissed off coz Mr. Dude that was supposedly rushing me to get there, now has a posse full of friends who he's talking to, and ignoring ME. So after 20 minutes of listening to their shit, and not saying a word, I decided to leave. I might be over reacting, but it really pissed me off. All i wanted to do was hang out with him. dammit! i hate 'dates'

LOL i just vented. ok Thanks though for listening.

Poor you, that Mr. Dude sounds like an ass..... I think you need to drop him.
Him and people like his friends are one of the reasons I want out of WeHo.... I can't stand the flakiness around here.

Poor you, that Mr. Dude sounds like an ass..... I think you need to drop him.
Him and people like his friends are one of the reasons I want out of WeHo.... I can't stand the flakiness around here.

I don't have a problem with weho.
I have a problem with Fake people. and they live everywhere, its not a geographic thing. Trust me.
But yeah, they were typical hollywood, not typical gay. don't know if that makes sense.
Anyway, I come online today, and he sends me an email saying "Hey, you left suddenly today, are you ok?"
Me: "Yes, I'm fine thanks. I wasn't feeling it, so I left. "
Him: "Oh, alright cool"
Me:" I just wanted to hang out with you. Then they came. I got really bored, so I left you to them. It's all good though. "

I wish I would have just cursed him out LOL
but f*** HIM
Moving on. I'm going out tonight, and im gonna have fun.
:D

"take me out tonight..."

I don't have a problem with weho.
I have a problem with Fake people. and they live everywhere, its not a geographic thing. Trust me.
But yeah, they were typical hollywood, not typical gay. don't know if that makes sense.
Anyway, I come online today, and he sends me an email saying "Hey, you left suddenly today, are you ok?"
Me: "Yes, I'm fine thanks. I wasn't feeling it, so I left. "
Him: "Oh, alright cool"
Me:" I just wanted to hang out with you. Then they came. I got really bored, so I left you to them. It's all good though. "

I wish I would have just cursed him out LOL
but f*** HIM
Moving on. I'm going out tonight, and im gonna have fun.
:D

"take me out tonight..."

You go out and have fun..... just don't go home with anyone.

Maybe you should try dating older guys, most young gays are retarded and incredibly annoying :rolleyes:

This line hit me hard when I first heard it- that someone could admit to feeling that way, I thought I was the only one.

It's also my life right now and it’s pretty dismal. I’m pretty shy and because I’ve had no pressing need to be employed in the past I’ve only had a couple of short-term jobs but that’s coming back to bite me now- I have a big gaping hole on my CV where ‘experience’ should be listed. So I lay myself out to these people, trying to say all the right things, remember to smile, speak clearly, shake hand firmly etc, etc, whilst all the time hugely resenting having to go through the whole thing for jobs I don’t even want. I’ve got over my nerves now at least, after a while you stop caring particularly. I have another interview next week to work for an electrical company… feel like I’m selling my soul, shoot me now please! Anyway, I could rant on/ cry about this for some time so I’ll stop here…

I totally understand you. I'm going through a similar thing. I think that going for something that you actually have an interest in or have a lot of the qualities for helps as if you feel like you 'deserve' and 'want' the job you try harder subconsciously to sell yourself in a positive way to the employer. Good luck with your interview :)

I totally understand you. I'm going through a similar thing. I think that going for something that you actually have an interest in or have a lot of the qualities for helps as if you feel like you 'deserve' and 'want' the job you try harder subconsciously to sell yourself in a positive way to the employer. Good luck with your interview :)

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one. The problem is the things I really want to do I've just had no luck with and I feel like I'm not being taken seriously at the moment- lack of experience and age probably which is so unfair. And I wonder if at those interviews whether I looked too keen/ desperate! So now I'm going for the things I swore I never would, I'm running out of choices. I have to take an aptitude test next week, I have a bad feeling about it! I hope you have luck with what you want to do too.

You go out and have fun..... just don't go home with anyone.

Maybe you should try dating older guys, most young gays are retarded and incredibly annoying :rolleyes:

uh, this guy is 37. and he's a big baller at Warner. You'd think he'd be more considerate, professional, attentive, and floor over me because I'm young, brilliant, better looking, etc. but not the case lol. Eh. age really is a number.

I've been seeing a 22yo who treats me a 100 times better, but we're taking it very slow, which is fine with me. I'm just going to stick to him :) He's just as busy as Mr. Dude, and gives me better sex and is alot sweeter.
:p

uh, this guy is 37. and he's a big baller at Warner. You'd think he'd be more considerate, professional, attentive, and floor over me because I'm young, brilliant, better looking, etc. but not the case lol. Eh. age really is a number.

I've been seeing a 22yo who treats me a 100 times better, but we're taking it very slow, which is fine with me. I'm just going to stick to him :) He's just as busy as Mr. Dude, and gives me better sex and is alot sweeter.
:p

You're a naughty boy, arent' you?

Maybe you should try getting yourself an older man who's married and completely in the closet...... those type of guys would treat you like a prince because they're dying to be with you.

Back
Top Bottom