no morrissey songs on jk rowlings tracks of my years

As a cis woman, I don't feel like my rights are eroded in any way by trans women entering locker rooms. There are more pressing issues on my mind.

My point about much needed education on the subject seems to have "whooshed" over your head. The sight of a woman with a penis is far less distressing once you've accepted that whether you've got a penis or a vagina is not what defines you as a man or as a woman.

However, I can see that the scenario you describe may cause problems as long as we haven't reached the point where this is generally accepted.

What about trans women's rights though? Should they be forced to change in men's locker rooms? Should that depend on how far they've progressed in their physical transition? Where do you draw the line? Isn't it safer for everyone to look for alternative solutions instead of using the locker room argument to undermine trans rights while pretending to strengthen women's rights like so many transphobes do?
Yeah, she's turned her back on him.

A lot of the 'gender critical feminists' chuck him hard under the bus because they're also associated with the far right & it hasn't occurred to them that maybe his publicity is as inaccurate as theirs.

Race & gender are the 2 most volatile areas of discussion on social media. If you don't stick closely to the current acceptable narrative, the correct words & the right people, you're in deep trouble.

Ironically, I remember when they used to complain about being chucked under the bus by people who wanted to raise concerns about gender ideology but didn't want to be smeared as a terf so would insult terfs to take the heat off (it didn't work).

& I've noticed a lot of them have developed a highly visible & hitherto unmentioned devotion to Prince since being accused of gender conformity & racism.

🙄
She won't be missed in the same way the other members of the bullshit brigade won't be missed. I saw enough true fans at the last two gigs before lockdown to know Moz will be fine. Nobody seems in any hurry to pull the lemmings back from the cliff edge. "If you're gonna jump then jump, Don't think about it..."

She won't be missed in the same way the other members of the bullshit brigade won't be missed. I saw enough true fans at the last two gigs before lockdown to know Moz will be fine. Nobody seems in any hurry to pull the lemmings back from the cliff edge. "If you're gonna jump then jump, Don't think about it..."

True.

I can't help but be annoyed by some of the lousy things said about him though. It's so unfair. And inaccurate.

My only opinion on this is that you have to be careful about what's written into law.
Biology is an objective fact. Inner 'gender' feelings can't be verified. Legislation could easily become riddled with loopholes & absurdities.

Sometimes social mores deal with these things in a more flexible & kind way than strident activism & rules.

the basic point of the thread was did she not pick any of his music because she didnt want the public connection with him? or did the bbc choose not to play any because they just dont anymore and have decided the minds of the listening public for them like they used to do with frankie goes to hollywood and twinkle

the basic point of the thread was did she not pick any of his music because she didnt want the public connection with him? or did the bbc choose not to play any because they just dont anymore and have decided the minds of the listening public for them like they used to do with frankie goes to hollywood and twinkle

I doubt she picked any of his music - a lot of the people around her dislike him.

The Beeb are reluctant to touch him, but you could push it through.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's neither, she just didn't pick him because she was never a proper fan in the first place and the Beeb don't have a block on him, I've heard enough bits and pieces recently to back this up. For example why would BBC4 play a FORTY FIVE minute Desert Island Discs episode with Morrissey being interviewed by Kirsty Young recently? The BBC have thousands of these episodes so if Moz was blocked there'd be no reason to play this one. Also, I don't hear every episode of Popmaster on Radio 2 but I have heard his name within 3 different questions recently, also heard the odd Smiths track on Radio 2. Now, there's no recent Moz music being played there and that's something I can't be sure of but as I said i have heard enough bits and pieces recently and that's without being an everyday BBC radio listener.

Every pic I now post of Moz on Instagram or Twitter is invariably followed by claims of me being a racist, Nazi lover etc. In the end, I gave up. f*** it.

Social media stinks. I'd ignore them though & keep going. The tide always turns & most of his haters have said things more vile & amplified the far right more relentlessly than Moz ever has, or ever will.

Their screenshots will haunt them.

Social media stinks. I'd ignore them though & keep going. The tide always turns & most of his haters have said things more vile & amplified the far right more relentlessly than Moz ever has, or ever will.

Their screenshots will haunt them.
I say it repeatedly social media is irrelevant. You're right Nerak to encourage fans to stay onside and ignore the nonsense because Moz is for life and nobody can change that with half arsed tittle tattle.

Actually, she is hated almost as much as Moz now because of her anti-trans perspective...
Who gives a shit what she thinks as long as you enjoy her books?

A lot of complete twats think she is in league with the devil with her spells in Harry Potter. The only certainty in this world is we will die and most people will die just as thick ignorant as they were all their lives, having learned nothing apart from how to be a waste of space.

Who gives a shit what she thinks as long as you enjoy her books?

A lot of complete twats think she is in league with the devil with her spells in Harry Potter. The only certainty in this world is we will die and most people will die just as thick ignorant as they were all their lives, having learned nothing apart from how to be a waste of space.

Where do you get your sunny outlook? It's infectious!!!

No they are not. There are two sexes. Science fact. Gender is NOT the same as sex. Just because someone identifies as a women does NOT mean they are allowed into women's spaces without those women's consent.

It is NOT OK for people with penises to turn up in women's locker rooms just because they say they are a woman. The other women there would have no idea, and no consent to this.

It is a slow erosion of women's rights to say otherwise, and it is NOT OK.

:crazy:

gender is not sex? color is not race? WTF?:mad:
you can be a black dude and belong to the white race?:lbf:
if you are a dude with a d but were supposed to have been
a woman then this particular should in the woman space:lbf:

OK, so how does that alter my point above?

Is it OK for people with penises to enter locker rooms where women are girls are present, and those women and girls have no knowledge or consent to that person entering. Is that OK? Yes or no?

Do you think it's right that people who have no say in the matter should be exposed to situations in which they may feel endangered? Yes or no?

:mad:
Skinny dont be a cuck, if culture and race is the same thing then so are sex and gender FFS:straightface:
you cant cherry pick insanity when you are a loon so the chick with the D in go into the locker room.:lbf:

Where do you get your sunny outlook? It's infectious!!!
I am usually fairly positive but I find the current obsession with crucifying anyone with different opinions quite depressing. People are a step away from burning books and records and rewriting history to reshape their vanilla homogenised future. Doesn't bother me what JK or Moz think.

I am usually fairly positive but I find the current obsession with crucifying anyone with different opinions quite depressing. People are a step away from burning books and records and rewriting history to reshape their vanilla homogenised future. Doesn't bother me what JK or Moz think.

:lbf:

FFS sure you find the current obsession...bla.:straightface:
You go the way Skinny goes FFS man up to the readershipo_O

maybe she thought, i will save M all the shit that would come his way if i included any of his songs.

well said acton,as long as you are not commiting a criminal offence then you should be allowed to say what you want whereas if these twats dont agree then you will be nailed to a cross.

well said acton,as long as you are not commiting a criminal offence then you should be allowed to say what you want whereas if these twats dont agree then you will be nailed to a cross.
That's hilarious. So anyone should be able to say what they like unless you disagree with it, in which case they become 'twats?' You really are the man who put the 'moron' into 'oxymoron,' aren't you?

Back
Top Bottom