Noel Gallagher wants to play guitar for The Smiths if they ever reunite

What? He didn’t say he would sub for Johnny Le Pew. He said he’d come out and play Gannon’s parts. ...and would likely do so on one of the the guitars that Johnny Le Pew gave him, nigh-on years ago.

Read the statement, then give your head a shake - ya daft wee twat.

I didn’t say he said he wanted to replace Marr.

Learn to read people’s posts - ya daft wee stinker.

You obviously haven't read the article. He said 'I’m Craig Gannon and I’d go to Johnny [Marr] and say I’m your man'.
f*** me... they all gonna be doing Wham songs as well... Andrew ridgley will be doing tambourine again

“I would love, and it’s never gonna happen, it’s a thing in a parallel universe, if The Smiths got back together. I’m Craig Gannon and I’d go to Johnny [Marr] and say don’t get another guitarist mate – I’m your man.”

I read that as a throwaway comment. Only morrissey fans would twist this. Nutters!!

Death to noel. death to noel!!

He'll have to fight Moz for it. There could be handbags.
Quite right big Pepsi would have to storm in and shout at them in cockney loud voice saying “ sort it auuttt yooouu slaaaaaaggggssss”

If there was a reunion of The Smiths with different band members, then it wouldn't be The Smiths and so there would be not point of having the same name for the band.

More likely to see Liam sing on a reunited Smiths than Noel on guitar.

If there was a reunion of The Smiths with different band members, then it wouldn't be The Smiths and so there would be not point of having the same name for the band.

Believe there have been reunions without all original members playing while keeping the original name.

I don’t think people wouldn’t go if it was (let’s say) only Morrissey and Marr
together again and calling themselves The Smiths.

It would be great just to annoy Smiths fans. At the very least a Morrissey/Gallagher composition would be interesting to hear.

Legal issue. If Morrissey announced concerts under the Smiths' moniker with another guitarist, wouldn't he be sued by Marr in a couple of hours, abecause Morrissey & Marr were the main partnerships of the band, no?.

The safer option for Morrissey, would be to bill a tour as "Morrissey Performs the Smiths".

Anyway, a tour titled "Morrissey Performs the Smiths" will happen soon or later, because Morrissey has got an expensive way of life and he needs money for a life full of luxuries.
I'm pretty sure Morrissey or Johnny Marr could perform under The Smiths name if they wanted to, Axl Rose, for example, was performing under the Guns N Roses name without Slash for years

Last edited:
GOOD CHOICE!!:thumb:

100x BETTER GUITAR PLAYER than the odious JOHNNY LE PEW! who knows but one stupid chicka guitar piece.:straightface:

GOOD CHOICE!!:thumb:

100x BETTER GUITAR PLAYER than the odious JOHNNY LE PEW! who knows but one stupid chicka guitar piece.:straightface:

You need to pull the mashed potatoes out of your ears! I can't wait for Noel to hit Moz over the head with a cricket bat while Johnny Marr says, "I told you, Noel!" :lbf::lbf::rofl:

It would be great just to annoy Smiths fans. At the very least a Morrissey/Gallagher composition would be interesting to hear.

Noel would be good for Morrissey, he's tough-talking but clued into the UK's social scene. He could help get him out of this mire he's in. I hope they do something together one day.

Noel would be good for Morrissey, he's tough-talking but clued into the UK's social scene. He could help get him out of this mire he's in. I hope they do something together one day.
It would be a great partnership but when has Morrissey not been in a mire of sorts or other? He's often been in a fair bit of muck too, otherwise known as the mainstream music industry.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom