"Norway frowns on Morrissey's presence in Nobel concert" - AFP / Yahoo News

"Norway frowns on Morrissey's presence in Nobel concert" - AFP / Yahoo News

Oslo (AFP) - Former Smiths frontman Morrissey caused a stir in Norway on Wednesday after the British singer -- reviled in the country for his provocative comments in the wake of its 2011 Utoeya island massacre -- was confirmed for a Nobel concert line-up in Oslo next month.

"The right man for the Nobel concert?" asked Norway's main newspaper Afterposten on its front page.

This choice "is strikingly out of tune," wrote one of its commentators.

Nordic Twitter users piled on, branding as "bizarre" and "sad" Morrissey's inclusion in the December 11 concert, which was dedicated to the 2013 Peace prize being awarded to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.

Morrissey is notorious in Norway for remarks he made during a concert in Poland just two days after the July 22, 2011 massacre of 77 people -- most of them teenagers -- on Norway's Utoeya island by a right-wing extremist, Anders Behring Breivik. He controversially compared the victims' fate to that of animals bred for fast-food companies.

"That is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Shit every day," he said, furthering his reputation as an outspoken vegetarian.

The organisers of the Nobel concert ruled out cancelling Morrissey's participation.

While his remarks over the massacre were "hideous", producer Odd Arvid Stroemstad said, "his explanation was convincing enough not to deny him the right to pay tribute to the Nobel laureate".

"When the artists go on stage, they do it for just one good reason," Stroemstad told AFP.

"Some are to the left, some are to the right, but all of them perform for free to support the Nobel Peace Prize and its laureate."

As well as Morrissey, the December concert features British singer James Blunt and Syrian musician Omar Souleyman, and will be hosted by Hollywood acting star Claire Danes, known for her leading role in the TV series "Homeland".

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's examine that quote once more, shall we? It is the one which has holed him below the waterline, so it is worth revisiting.

"We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead, though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried S--t every day."

Verbatim.

That is a deliberate attack designed to make himself headlines. It was plainly planned. He is bathing in the blood of murdered children to make himself extra column inches. He is absolutely disgusting. I don't care a jot about his views on Ireland, or the Royals, or putting himself forward as a revolutionary (no giggling at the back, please) because they are laughable and broadly ignorant of the facts, but the Norway stuff is unforgivable.

Your faux outrage and gleeful Schadenfreude over a(n admittedly) misjudged analogy are entirely misplaced. This is not exactly Ian Watkins territory after all.

Someone in Oslo should John Lennon the prick.

I think someone's been on the wine gums.

If Morrissey's so "absolutely disgusting" then why waste your breath on here? The fact that you linger like a toxic, insidious odour is much more perverse than anything he's ever said or done. You clearly loathe the man. Move on. You're like some sad jilted lover hanging around your ex's flat, trying to poison the minds of anyone who dares cross the threshold. And what does it achieve? Nothing! You have absolutely no understanding of him, of hyperbole, of his artistry, of his intentions, of his complexities, of anything but the tedious sound of your own monotonous, two-dimensional rantings. Would your energy not be best spent collecting some litter in the park with Brummie Boy?

Morrissey is very privileged to have a stage, I do not .
Like J B I have been a massive fan of he/they (The Smiths) played a huge part in my formative years BUT !!!!!!!! When he starts to behave and rant like a proper BELL-END is it right for me to just close the barn door and walk away ? Or as a decent member of society should I say "Well actually I do not agree with you there pal, no matter who you are that is NOT the score and I will take positive action to stop you pulling the wool over peoples eyes !"

We are watching you Norway show us you have some balls and give him a very very hard time for his DISGUSTING SICK comments .
Students of Norway unite and take over.
Throw rotten smelly fruit and veg at him if you want.

Benny-the-Butcher

It's become a bit of a hobby to point out the very obvious failings in Morrissey's arguments. It needs to be done because his views are dangerous, aimed as they are at people who cannot think for themselves. Russell Brand preys on the same fools, including it seems Morrissey himself, who has plainly been influenced by the sex pest. (I saw Brand's DVD on the shelf in HMV yesterday. He thinks he's Che Guevara now.)

I can sit and watch the footy, and deal with half a dozen of you at once. You don't argue your own points, nor do you tend to address the points I raise. You just bitch and moan about me, or anyone else who does not kiss his arse fully. Some of you make Al-Shabab seem eminently reasonable in comparison. That is how nuts it has become here, and it needs challenging.

All I do is mirror Morrissey's statements but redirect them back at him or his zealots. When I do it many of the cult appear deeply offended, but when he does it it is seen as a symbol of his genius. It is no less offensive when he does it than when I do it. You react in fury if I jokingly say I'd welcome his death, but shrug if he uses the real deaths of a hundred real kids to make his insane political point. "Oh, he didn't mean it." Yes, he did. It was straight out of the PETA playbook, and was the single biggest error of his career.*

Morrissey is just a man. A not very nice man, judging by his book, but still just a man. His lionisation here is ludicrous, and increasingly unwarranted, taking into account his lack of musical output.*

He is a singer/songwriter and as such he makes an embarrassingly poor political and social scientist. He should make some records. Quite simple. He has made some extremely good ones in the past. If I like them, I'll say so, if I don't I'll say so.*Seems fair.

The best parts of YOR and ROTT would have made one great record. Instead we got two rather average records. Perhaps the next one will see him back at his best. I won't proclaim any possible new album a classic before it is even recorded like some here, though. Because that's idiotic.

The problem arises when you claim that no one will debate you articulately, when, in this thread alone, you told someone to take Morrissey's cock out of his mouth (vulgar and homophobic), you wished for Morrissey to be humiliated by being jeered off stage at a very important event (childish and spiteful), and ended with a repulsive suggestion that he be given the "John Lennon" treatment (disturbing, violent, and totally disregarding the value of human life, something for which you repeatedly attack Morrissey. In fact, your comment is completely disrespectful to the memory,and grieving family, of John Lennon). If you feel that strongly about human life, then it should be sacred in all cases, even in a man that you hate. As for mirroring Morrissey's behavior, if you despise his actions and comments so vehemently, why would you immitate them? That makes absolutely no sense.

As for the Norway comment, I truly think that Morrissey was trying to convey how horrifying it is that society, in general, is innately cruel to its most vulnerable creatures. I agree with his sentiment completely; however, his phrasing and timing were inappropriate. The fact that he made a statement explaining what he meant (something that he rarely does) indicates that he realized that he had not chosen his words well. Yes, he makes his living by manipulating language into beautiful sentiment and he should have given greater consideration to the parents of the slain; but he is human, and he misspoke. Hasn't everyone done this at some point in life? On the other hand, JB, if you truly believe that his insensitivity on the matter was a result of his social disconnect, then shouldn't you feel some compassion for him. He admittedly has an easier time interacting with animals than with human beings; I know lots of people who would describe themselves the same way.

Human life is more valuable to most because of the connection that we form with each other; but, to someone alone, whose only companion is a dog, the pain of having that animal brutally killed would be just as devastating as losing a family member. The point that Morrissey is trying to make is that no living creature should be subjected to torture, mutilation, and an undignified,painful, fearful death. Human beings put themselves first in hierarchy, partly because they have the ability to reason; but this higher level of thinking means that they can understand the pain and fear that they inflict; other animals can't make that judgment. That is why some of us cannot understand how anyone can eat meat knowing how it was obtained. Obviously, others will disagree; the point that I want to make is that if you feel very strongly about this topic, you tend to react emotionally, and when your heart speaks quickly, it doesn't always remember to get approval from the brain. I just don't see Morrissey as the malevolent,calculating man that you make him out to be.

lynnda

Let's examine that quote once more, shall we? It is the one which has holed him below the waterline, so it is worth revisiting.

"We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead, though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried S--t every day."

Verbatim.

That is a deliberate attack designed to make himself headlines. It was plainly planned. He is bathing in the blood of murdered children to make himself extra column inches. He is absolutely disgusting. I don't care a jot about his views on Ireland, or the Royals, or putting himself forward as a revolutionary (no giggling at the back, please) because they are laughable and broadly ignorant of the facts, but the Norway stuff is unforgivable. Someone in Oslo should John Lennon the prick.

I'll ignore this bit because I read some of your posts and they often seem pretty on the edge, and I understand it is Thanksgiving today.

Did you just suggest he be assassinated?

The Nobel concert will give Morrissey a huge worldwide platform - I hope he uses it to launch a blistering attack on David Beckham and Jamie Oliver - the new 'axis of evil'.

It's become a bit of a hobby to point out the very obvious failings in Morrissey's arguments. It needs to be done because his views are dangerous, aimed as they are at people who cannot think for themselves. Russell Brand preys on the same fools, including it seems Morrissey himself, who has plainly been influenced by the sex pest. (I saw Brand's DVD on the shelf in HMV yesterday. He thinks he's Che Guevara now.)

I can sit and watch the footy, and deal with half a dozen of you at once. You don't argue your own points, nor do you tend to address the points I raise. You just bitch and moan about me, or anyone else who does not kiss his arse fully. Some of you make Al-Shabab seem eminently reasonable in comparison. That is how nuts it has become here, and it needs challenging.

All I do is mirror Morrissey's statements but redirect them back at him or his zealots. When I do it many of the cult appear deeply offended, but when he does it it is seen as a symbol of his genius. It is no less offensive when he does it than when I do it. You react in fury if I jokingly say I'd welcome his death, but shrug if he uses the real deaths of a hundred real kids to make his insane political point. "Oh, he didn't mean it." Yes, he did. It was straight out of the PETA playbook, and was the single biggest error of his career.*

Morrissey is just a man. A not very nice man, judging by his book, but still just a man. His lionisation here is ludicrous, and increasingly unwarranted, taking into account his lack of musical output.*

He is a singer/songwriter and as such he makes an embarrassingly poor political and social scientist. He should make some records. Quite simple. He has made some extremely good ones in the past. If I like them, I'll say so, if I don't I'll say so.*Seems fair.

The best parts of YOR and ROTT would have made one great record. Instead we got two rather average records. Perhaps the next one will see him back at his best. I won't proclaim any possible new album a classic before it is even recorded like some here, though. Because that's idiotic.

More shite.

The Nobel concert will give Morrissey a huge worldwide platform - I hope he uses it to launch a blistering attack on David Beckham and Jamie Oliver - the new 'axis of evil'.

"A blistering attack" eh ! Yes that would be really clever at a peace event wouldn't it :ha-no:

Can we please get back on topic please ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Protest against this deluded old fool Norway turn your back on him during his karaoke set (If he turns up). Rage against the rants and spread the word Norway.
He's not a man of peace that's for sure. This fool wants to dictate how and what we eat with his own sharia law.

Turn your back, put your fingers in your ears and shout "La la la we can't hear you,
you silly old fool,
get back to your L A mansion,
and start your revolution,
with your silly old sidekick Braindamage,
dressed up as a gay pirate,
la la la we can't hear you.

Benny-the-Butcher

"Frown-Town" Statement by Benny-the-Butcher at Morrissey-solo

Oh peaceful people of Norway on behalf of meat eaters all over the world we thank you for your frown from the whole of our hearts, lungs, livers, kidney's and skin.
As you know that stupid twerp bigmouth "BORE-ARSE-LY" has somehow been billed to appear on stage at the 20th annual Nobel Peace Prize Concert on Wednesday December 11th in Oslo at the Oslo Spectrum Arena. It really beggars all belief that such a deluded monster has been invited to 'perform its routine' at a world peace event
on the back of 'its' provocative comments surrounding the tragic 2011 Utoeya island massacre.
So what can you do ?. . . . . . . PROTEST (peacefully) On 11/12/13 make your way down-town to the Spectrum Arena and demonstrate against "BORE-ARSE-LY" being in YOUR town. Eggs, flour, rotting fruit, rotting vegetables, red dye, water pistols, super-soakers, stink bombs etc etc ! BOOO and HISSSSS with all your might or turn your back during its routine performance, together we can teach this idiot a lesson in life and peace.

Ribeye and flankyou

Benny-the-Butcher

The mayor of Oslo, Fabian Stang, guested the Norwegian version of "Have I Got News For You" (Nytt på nytt) tonight. It's the most popular TV program here. He said he would not follow his usual custom of talking with the performers in his office pre-concert for Morrissey. The panel then used some minutes harshly ridiculing Morrissey to great laugh from the audience. Sad for every Norwegian fan who after this will be viewed with a bit suspicion from the majority of the population (that had never heard about Morrissey before this night).

Verbatim.

That is a deliberate attack designed to make himself headlines. It was plainly planned. He is bathing in the blood of murdered children to make himself extra column inches. He is absolutely disgusting. I don't care a jot about his views on Ireland, or the Royals, or putting himself forward as a revolutionary (no giggling at the back, please) because they are laughable and broadly ignorant of the facts, but the Norway stuff is unforgivable. Someone in Oslo should John Lennon the prick.

I'll ignore this bit because I read some of your posts and they often seem pretty on the edge, and I understand it is Thanksgiving today.

I don't usually agree with you about Morrissey and I don't think I've ever agreed with any of your political views, but I've always respected you because you seemed well-informed (well at least about Morrissey) and sincere in your opinions. Even when you were spouting off nonsense about how Your Arsenal was the worst thing to ever happen to Morrissey's career.

That being said this is a pretty lowly and disgusting comment. In fact, it may be the worst thing I've ever seen on this board--which is truly saying something.

Not only do you wish to murder someone you've never met because you disagree with their thoughts on animal rights, which is not only evil but borders on mental illness, you are also pretty callous and disrespectful about the murder of John Lennon. Though I suppose you don't truly care about that or at the very least unwilling to let something like that get in the way of your ability to make a comment on a message board about a pop star whose diet you don't like.

You are too f***ing disgusting for words.

Sounds to me like Odd Arvid Stroemstad is a douche-bag for calling Morrissey's right on comments "hideous." He must be a callous little meat eater trying to feel better about himself. The Afterposten is now a laughing stock to question the adequacy of Morrissey for the Nobel concert. The shareholders are obviously pandering to the meat industry to keep that fast-food meat advertising money coming in. Animals, health, and environment be damned. The more blood money the shareholders rake in, the more they can control the political system, and the television news (to which the ignorant people will defer to the views.)

NotLiterallyButMetaphorically

I am a Norwegian ethical vegetarian, and I was deeply offended by Morrissey's comment. The comment was indeed hideous. For Norwegians it feels the same as it would to an American, had his comment been referring to the attack on the Twin Towers, two days after the event. So even though I agree that our treatment of animals is worse than horrendous, his comment was still in very bad taste.

I don't usually agree with you about Morrissey and I don't think I've ever agreed with any of your political views, but I've always respected you because you seemed well-informed (well at least about Morrissey) and sincere in your opinions. Even when you were spouting off nonsense about how Your Arsenal was the worst thing to ever happen to Morrissey's career. That being said this is a pretty lowly and disgusting comment. In fact, it may be the worst thing I've ever seen on this board--which is truly saying something.

Not only do you wish to murder someone you've never met because you disagree with their thoughts on animal rights, which is not only evil but borders on mental illness, you are also pretty callous and disrespectful about the murder of John Lennon. Though I suppose you don't truly care about that or at the very least unwilling to let something like that get in the way of your ability to make a comment on a message board about a pop star whose diet you don't like.

"the only sorrow of the Brighton bombing is that Thatcher escaped unscathed"

Morrissey

"Five people were killed, although none of them were government ministers. Those killed were Conservative MP Sir Anthony Berry, Eric Taylor (North-West Area Chairman of the Conservative Party), Lady (Jeanne) Shattock (wife of Sir Gordon Shattock, Western Area Chairman of the Conservative Party), Lady (Muriel) Maclean (wife of Sir Donald Maclean, President of the Scottish Conservatives), and Roberta Wakeham (wife of Parliamentary Treasury Secretary John Wakeham). Donald and Muriel Maclean were in the room in which the bomb exploded.[5] Several more, including Margaret Tebbit—the wife of Norman Tebbit, who was then President of the Board of Trade—were left permanently disabled. Thirty-four people were taken to hospital and recovered from their injuries. " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_hotel_bombing

So Morrissey is allowed to state that the 'only' sorrow is that one more person didn't die in a mass slaughter? And you can't see any cognitive dissonance in your plaintive wailing? In stating the 'only' sorry was that Thatcher didn't die, this ridiculous Morrissey creature:

• expressed regret at the failure of psychpaths failing to murder someone he'd never met

• was, to put it mildly, pretty callous and disrespectful about the murder of those who died

• and, in doing so, showed himself to be 'too f***ing disgusting for words'

And it wasn't a one off: Uttoya. China. Oslo. Madonna's baby. Your cult leader is a sociopathic media troll, and if he wasn't a failed 'pop star' would probably be sectioned if he made such comments in public. Yet the silly twit bleated about some fake kidnap hoax in a car in Mexico. What a wazzock.

One can only hope Morrissey is kept safe from the wrath of the Norwegian public, though he probably wet-dreams of there being some troll-fest media scrum, what with his repressed sexuality and so on and so forth.

Were this disturbed troll to be killed by some crazed person, whilst a tragedy: it would be nothing compared to the horror of, say, David Morrissey celebrating his paycheck for reading the Autoblography by gorging on McDonalds. I wonder if he got a life-time discount for advertising the fast-food mass murder food chain? Or maybe he'll order a turkey burger as it's near Christmas as 'thankskilling' for his luck in slipping a length to Morrissey, metaphorically: shafting his credibility such that it can never recover. Poor Morrissey is probably such a delusional narcissistic klutz surrounded by arse-kissing salt grindrs that he doesn't even realise the rope has been, metaphorically, put around his neck.

It's almost impossible to imagine a more extreme car-crash career denouement, but I wouldn't be surprised if Morrissey pulls something even more egregiously hypocritical out of his hat. Or his arse.

Morrissey has not proclaimed himself a Vegan, has no track record of English/British Republican political involvement or support. If he were a Vegan, his ignorantly informed attempt at debunking Speciesism & Carnism whilst eating torture/slaughter dairy and eggs and wearing leather wouldn't make him a figure of total mockery and ridicule. He is a fraud. And so are PETA for tolerating his nonsense and cognitive dissonance. His Boomer Entitlement Agenda rock-star nonsense and lies has blown up in his face. As many always predicted it would. And did. When he made his death-wish comments over Brighton.

Jayzuz! Cult of Morrissey-what a bunch of barmpot fans and what a toss-pot tin-pop Morley mentored Pop Idol he's turned out to be. Give him his 30 years long-service medal, gold watch and pension and tell him to get the fcuk off the stage. No, wait! Boz Boorer might find another couple of discarded Clash riffs on some cassette for the old bag to screech his 'pity poor me!' imprecations over one last time. And it might be teh lulz to listen along and smirk, gurgle from the circle before the lap dance club and a nice curry.

with every good wish
yours in amused satisfaction :)
BrummieBoy

ps: cult delusional cultist fans attempting to re-write consensual reality with apologias for their disturbed figurehead, and the usual tragically lame MySpace gifs/Jpeg retorts from the myrmidons/usual suspects.

Last edited:
"the only sorrow of the Brighton bombing is that Thatcher escaped unscathed"

Morrissey

"Five people were killed, although none of them were government ministers. Those killed were Conservative MP Sir Anthony Berry, Eric Taylor (North-West Area Chairman of the Conservative Party), Lady (Jeanne) Shattock (wife of Sir Gordon Shattock, Western Area Chairman of the Conservative Party), Lady (Muriel) Maclean (wife of Sir Donald Maclean, President of the Scottish Conservatives), and Roberta Wakeham (wife of Parliamentary Treasury Secretary John Wakeham). Donald and Muriel Maclean were in the room in which the bomb exploded.[5] Several more, including Margaret Tebbit—the wife of Norman Tebbit, who was then President of the Board of Trade—were left permanently disabled. Thirty-four people were taken to hospital and recovered from their injuries. " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_hotel_bombing

So Morrissey is allowed to state that the 'only' sorrow is that one more person didn't die in a mass slaughter? And you can't see any cognitive dissonance in your plaintive wailing? In stating the 'only' sorry was that Thatcher didn't die, this ridiculous Morrissey creature:

• expressed regret at the failure of psychpaths failing to murder someone he'd never met

• was, to put it mildly, pretty callous and disrespectful about the murder of those who died

• and, in doing so, showed himself to be 'too f***ing disgusting for words'

And it wasn't a one off: Uttoya. China. Oslo. Madonna's baby. Your cult leader is a sociopathic media troll, and if he wasn't a failed 'pop star' would probably be sectioned if he made such comments in public. Yet the silly twit bleated about some fake kidnap hoax in a car in Mexico. What a wazzock.

One can only hope Morrissey is kept safe from the wrath of the Norwegian public, though he probably wet-dreams of there being some troll-fest media scrum, what with his repressed sexuality and so on and so forth.

Were this disturbed troll to be killed by some crazed person, whilst a tragedy: it would be nothing compared to the horror of, say, David Morrissey celebrating his paycheck for reading the Autoblography by gorging on McDonalds. I wonder if he got a life-time discount for advertising the fast-food mass murder food chain? Or maybe he'll order a turkey burger as it's near Christmas as 'thankskilling' for his luck in slipping a length to Morrissey, metaphorically: shafting his credibility such that it can never recover. Poor Morrissey is probably such a delusional narcissistic klutz surrounded by arse-kissing salt grindrs that he doesn't even realise the rope has been, metaphorically, put around his neck.

It's almost impossible to imagine a more extreme car-crash career denouement, but I wouldn't be surprised if Morrissey pulls something even more egregiously hypocritical out of his hat. Or his arse.

Morrissey has not proclaimed himself a Vegan, has no track record of English/British Republican political involvement or support. If he were a Vegan, his ignorantly informed attempt at debunking Speciesism & Carnism whilst eating torture/slaughter dairy and eggs and wearing leather wouldn't make him a figure of total mockery and ridicule. He is a fraud. And so are PETA for tolerating his nonsense and cognitive dissonance. His Boomer Entitlement Agenda rock-star nonsense and lies has blown up in his face. As many always predicted it would. And did. When he made his death-wish comments over Brighton.

Jayzuz! Cult of Morrissey-what a bunch of barmpot fans and what a toss-pot tin-pop Morley mentored Pop Idol he's turned out to be. Give him his 30 years long-service medal, gold watch and pension and tell him to get the fcuk off the stage. No, wait! Boz Boorer might find another couple of discarded Clash riffs on some cassette for the old bag to screech his 'pity poor me!' imprecations over one last time. And it might be teh lulz to listen along and smirk, gurgle from the circle before the lap dance club and a nice curry.

with every good wish
yours in amused satisfaction :)
BrummieBoy

ps: cult delusional cultist fans attempting to re-write consensual reality with apologias for their disturbed figurehead, and the usual tragically lame MySpace gifs/Jpeg retorts from the myrmidons/usual suspects.

Thatcher wasn't a pop star. She didn't write songs and swing around flowers on TV. And something tells me that the PIRA wasn't really that concerned with her diet.

I don't approve of terroristic violence, both because its morally repugnant and quite frankly has a very low rate of efficacy--particularly when compared to other methods of social change--but to compare an attempted assassination of Thatcher by the PIRA to somebody evoking the image of a pop star who was killed by an actual psychopath for no reason in hopes that somebody murders Morrissey because he holds the belief that the lives of animals and people are of equal worth and opposes the taking of innocent life in either case is utter nonsense.

You're making a false analogy and quite frankly I am not interested in derailing this thread into a discussion of Thatcher's policies towards Ireland and when a people have or do not have a moral right to use force and how it should be used.

I do find it strange though you are so appalled by Morrissey's comments about Thatcher and not about Barleycorn's comments on Morrissey. Isn't this the same kind of hypocrisy you are trying to accuse me of?

I am a Norwegian ethical vegetarian, and I was deeply offended by Morrissey's comment. The comment was indeed hideous. For Norwegians it feels the same as it would to an American, had his comment been referring to the attack on the Twin Towers, two days after the event. So even though I agree that our treatment of animals is worse than horrendous, his comment was still in very bad taste.

So please, please, please ! Spread the word and protest against the stupid idiot that is Steven Patrick Morrissey ! He is nothing special his poo smells just the same as you and I !

Flankyou

Benny-the-Butcher

Thatcher wasn't a pop star. She didn't write songs and swing around flowers on TV. And something tells me that the PIRA wasn't really that concerned with her diet.

I don't approve of terroristic violence, both because its morally repugnant and quite frankly has a very low rate of efficacy--particularly when compared to other methods of social change--but to compare an attempted assassination of Thatcher by the PIRA to somebody evoking the image of a pop star who was killed by an actual psychopath for no reason in hopes that somebody murders Morrissey because he holds the belief that the lives of animals and people are of equal worth and opposes the taking of innocent life in either case is utter nonsense.

You're making a false analogy and quite frankly I am not interested in derailing this thread into a discussion of Thatcher's policies towards Ireland and when a people have or do not have a moral right to use force and how it should be used.

I do find it strange though you are so appalled by Morrissey's comments about Thatcher and not about Barleycorn's comments on Morrissey. Isn't this the same kind of hypocrisy you are trying to accuse me of?

Sorry to be a crashing bore but will somebody explain the point I raised previous ? Johnny Rogan/Car crash/DEATH ???????? Who said that ? Annie-body ?

In your own time please ? Off you go to read Mozzipeadia. . . . . . . . .How long do you want ??????????

Benny-the-Butcher

I don't usually agree with you about Morrissey and I don't think I've ever agreed with any of your political views, but I've always respected you because you seemed well-informed (well at least about Morrissey) and sincere in your opinions. Even when you were spouting off nonsense about how Your Arsenal was the worst thing to ever happen to Morrissey's career.

That being said this is a pretty lowly and disgusting comment. In fact, it may be the worst thing I've ever seen on this board--which is truly saying something.

JOHNNY ROGAN ????? DEATH WISH ???????? Who said that ?????? Quickly now the world IS listening

Benny-the-Butcher

He liked Will Schmitt, tho. In the picture it looks like Morrissey has had enough and he's ready to fight. I think the mayor better watch what he says or he might get introduced to the martial art of slap-fu.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom