Nottingham - Capital FM Arena (Mar.13, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / Smiler With Knife / Scandinavia / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Not A Man / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Meat is Murder / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before // Speedway

setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
I'm not generally a fan of Scandinavia, Bullfighter or Istanbul but the odd filler is good, it makes you enjoy the other stuff more. I've never found that all killer works.

Mind, all of those worked a lot better than on record, even People are the same everywhere was alright. The big songs were superb though.

Sounds like a great show, Charlie:thumb:

What time did Morrissey come on stage ?
Was it his usual time of around 9:00 ?

Do you think that he will put a few songs on rotation like he did last year? E.g, Yes, I am Blind & Certain People I know?

A great night Morrissey in top form. Couple of idiots couldn't spoil a great night. Bullfighter after MIM is perfect.

Someone called it a flat gig. Can someone confirm this?

My 3rd Morrissey gig and whilst he was on form despite reports of illness and a cancellation, for me yes the gig was flat, in my opinion down to the set list. Enjoyable nonetheless

A great night Morrissey in top form. Couple of idiots couldn't spoil a great night. Bullfighter after MIM is perfect.

So the venue wasn't half empty and it was a great show? Bummie, Benny, Skinny and Barleycunt must be gutted - how long have they been confidently asserting that his career is over...?

Dreadful gig,
Flat and Lazy are two words that come to mind.

It appears to me, Morrissey couldn't be bothered to rehearse anything other then the set list from the last tour. The majority of the crowd weren't interested and Morrissey certainly wasn't interested in the crowd(his fans) of course deluded diehards will defend him until they're blue in the face, he has a very strong and loyal following(and rightly so) but the fact remains He should have sold the tour as WPINOYB Tour or charged less.

What bemuses me, is it doesn't make sense. Its not like anyone can even buy the album because of his fall out with Harvest. I have nothing against playing a few new ones, To be honest I really like the album. But a handful of classics wouldn't have hurt. Did we really need an 8 minute long Scandinavia?

Last night was an atrocity of the highest order and unless he changes something I fully expect tonight and the rest of the tour to flop just like last night in Nottingham

Dreadful gig,

It appears to me, Morrissey couldn't be bothered to rehearse anything other then the set list from the last tour. The majority of the crowd weren't interested and Morrissey certainly wasn't interested in the crowd(his fans) of course deluded diehards will defend him until they're blue in the face, he has a very strong and loyal following(and rightly so) but the fact remains He should have sold the tour as WPINOYB Tour or charged less.

What bemuses me, is it doesn't make sense. Its not like anyone can even buy the album because of his fall out with Harvest. I have nothing against playing a few new ones, To be honest I really like the album. But a handful of classics wouldn't have hurt. Did we really need an 8 minute long Scandinavia?

Last night was an atrocity of the highest order and unless he changes something I fully expect tonight and the rest of the tour to flop just like last night in Nottingham

thank you for your objective and truthful review. very sorry to hear about the eight minute scandinavia.

Pretty good gig all round. The band are excellen and the sound is big. The wp material is very good live but the big audience energy fluctuates as a good contingent still come along for ye olde smiths - I still don't understand that in 2015, hey ho. Nice little Irish blood cameo in the speedway encore split. Reckon sat night crowd energy will add a bit so Bournemouth should have a great night.

Think how much better they's be without Jesse Tobias.

Dreadful gig,

What She Said, The Queen Is Dead, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Suedehead, Speedway, Meat Is Murder , that's a handful .

Dreadful gig,

Well, you're entitled to your opinion but please don't speak in the name of all the other attendees who (me inclueded) enjoyed the show very much. And there were so many really young fans who thoroughly loved it. You can hardly call them diehards when they haven't been around that long. Also, you don't complain about the fact that he played Everyday Is Like Sunday which he played countless times over the years but about the new songs which he only plays since last year? Strange world!

Having to hear 11 'new' songs would have been a drag to me. I don't like any of the studio songs recorded with Manzur, his play is pompous and rock virtuoso, Manzur would suit to Enrique Englisias or Bryan Adams but not for a singer like Morrissey who has got a 60s background, and a glam and post punk culture. I haven't seen him once since the release of his last album which didn't please me at all. I resold my vinyl after listening to it 10 times. I don't want to ever hear one song of his last record again In my life.'You don't have to force you to like a record even if it is from a fantastic singer. It is the end for me, I know I won't see him again in concert unless he engages new musicians like Kristofer Pooley for instance who was a great arranger on the 2008 tour. Used to attend 5 shows per tour, the wheel turns. Hope you all enjoy the shows if you like the new material.

Someone called it a flat gig. Can someone confirm this?
Confirmed! Morrissey was good but it needed some upbeat songs to lift the crowd! The only gig I've been at when the standing crowd haven't danced or jumped around!

A religious experience. Probably one of the strangest and greatest experiences of my life, Morrissey did an excellent job and was sounding as brilliant as ever. My only complain is I wish I was standing as the crowd around me were quite flat and were not willing to dance and sing along (I did anyway). Would totally do it all over again, hope the rest of the tour is as good.

Morrissey interview 1989

"The letters I receive, the opinion is so varied of my standing, where I should go and what I should do. A lot of people write to me and just say 'Stop. Please don't make another record and seal the entire situation'. A lot of people write to me and say 'Please continue and make as many records as possible'. So, in a sense, it's not really possible to please one's audience exclusively, obviously, and I think it's foolish to try. And also, I think when you reach that stage where your audience begins to dictate or they feel that they have a hold, that you are slightly lost. In a larger sense you should take people with you and you should convince people and should have the power to convince."

It was a good gig, those who called it flat have never obviously been to a gig before...

I was there at the gig last night and have loved Morrissey unconditionally since 1983. I had a fabulous view of him and after about half an hour the spring had gone from his step, he seemed poorly to me. The 3 times on his knees I have seen before at a previous gig the day before he collapsed on stage. I also saw him use an inhaler last night. I spent the rest of the evening worrying about him. He is not well and I wish he would let himself rest fully before embarking on further tours and concerts. I don't care what he sings I love and sing along to them all. The captions and video I did find distasteful in parts and too extreme. Morrissey's songs speak for themselves I don't need graphic detail to get the message.

It was a good gig, those who called it flat have never obviously been to a gig before...

Or just wanted a Greatest Hits package and were stood timing songs. Not the best way to enjoy a gig!

There are clips up on the web, do those performances look flat? Of course they don't.

We were about ten people back - pretty much a couple of people further forward in that Every Day is Like Sunday clip but the same place, my mrs wasn't going further than that! We both really enjoyed it, me slightly more so but she was singing along to every song so well done on that. More importantly Moz and his band were in sparkling form.

The Arena did seem "well populated" so I can understand a ladies desire not to shove herself through the crowd. He did sound in great form and it must have been great to see him up reasonably close. Standing does promote more movement and crowd enthusiasm...some concerts are just not made for sitting on one's arse! :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom