nyc gigs, corona virus fear?

puckhead

i was thrilled to get 3 tickets for the hammerstein gig, and then it dawned on me, do i really want to be in that space with this corona virus going around ? trains, penn station, standing crowd. i think im going , but the other 2 tickets are for me daughter and her boyfriend. i dont fear getting sick, but 14 days stuck in the house doesnt sound very appealing. anyone else thinking about this?

Yeah, but isn’t hearing “The Bullfighter Dies” *yet again* worth it?

Joking.

I have tickets to both NYC shows. What will be will be. Obviously if shit is really going down in 15 days, the shows will get called off for one reason or another.

if not, make your own decision and find out for yourself. If the shows are ON, I will be there. Unless I’m dead of course.

For this tour, Moz will be introducing his newest cover of the viral hit: Ghen Cô Vy| NIOEH x KHẮC HƯNG x MIN x ERIK | WASHING HAND SONG

Fear not true believers! Moz will provide!

MrShoes

i was thrilled to get 3 tickets for the hammerstein gig, and then it dawned on me, do i really want to be in that space with this corona virus going around ? trains, penn station, standing crowd. i think im going , but the other 2 tickets are for me daughter and her boyfriend. i dont fear getting sick, but 14 days stuck in the house doesnt sound very appealing. anyone else thinking about this?
Nope. Not worry. Unless,you have a underlying health condition that can be made worse by having the flu, Treat this like any old cold/flu & practice sensible measures (wash hands, keep hands away from face, etc) , stay healthy, and you'll be fine. When you compare the numbers, a staggering number of people get infected or have died from the typical flu, than with this new coronavirus flu.. All the hyped up precautions may be to get everyone to accept the controversial vaccine shots. The vaccine for this new one is said to be available in a few months.

Nope. Not worry. Unless,you have a underlying health condition that can be made worse by having the flu, Treat this like any old cold/flu & practice sensible measures (wash hands, keep hands away from face, etc) , stay healthy, and you'll be fine. When you compare the numbers, a staggering number of people get infected or have died from the typical flu, than with this new coronavirus flu.. All the hyped up precautions may be to get everyone to accept the controversial vaccine shots. The vaccine for this new one is said to be available in a few months.

It's always best not to panic, worry - maybe a little. But as it is said, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." You are however spreading incorrect information Anon.

While numbers can be skewed to represent whatever one wishes (flu presently has a .2% death rate, whereas COVID 19 is anywhere from 1.4-3.4%), this virus is new and remains in its ascendancy. Straight comparisons with the flu based on numbers is misleading. And no one anywhere is stating the arrival of any new vaccination in such a short amount of time. Think more along the lines of twelve to eighteen months for proper vetting of any new vaccine before it comes to any proper distribution.

Just read widely folks - anything but this fansite (!) - for your health considerations relative to catching Moz on tour.

"The best estimates now of the overall mortality rate for COVID-19 is somewhere between 0.1% and 1% That's lower than you heard probably in many reports ... it's not likely in the range of 2 to 3%"

"The best estimates now of the overall mortality rate for COVID-19 is somewhere between 0.1% and 1% That's lower than you heard probably in many reports ... it's not likely in the range of 2 to 3%"

Fabulous. The operative word in your quote is, "now".

Stats always change. But given the numbers of deaths versus those infected, you can do the math and see its higher than 1%. This is all moot as no one has all the facts.

Also - always trust a man in uniform!

Back
Top Bottom