NYC Hammerstein Ballroom officially cancelled

I just received a note that NY is cancelled....

00000 moz cancelled.JPG

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years after the event, I met Shaun Ryder’s father who was on the wagon, but drinking tea in a pub in town.

There was a context, and a back story, to the apparent homophobia of The Mondays’. The NME had chosen not to share it in the interview article. It’s not mine to share here, but I wanted to add something of the ‘whole’ perspective that history denies that great band.

As I remember, in all the Morrissey interviews from the early nineties, Morrissey acknowledged the talent of just two ‘Madchester’ bands: The Inspiral Carpets and (especially) The Happy Mondays—whom he appeared to love.

It's not followed their reputation - so clearly music hacks don't care about homophobia or sexism in the way they apparently care about Moz's crimes.

But Stephen & Reel have made it pretty clear they're homophobic & Moz is bi at the very least so again, why are they here...

It's not followed their reputation - so clearly music hacks don't care about homophobia or sexism in the way they apparently care about Moz's crimes.

But Stephen & Reel have made it pretty clear they're homophobic & Moz is bi at the very least so again, why are they here...
It’s a sad state of affairs with them two now, they have both ruined this site for me, and others.... how on earth have they got away with it??

In those days you could say things without being totally crucified. For example, nowadays Ian Brown's comments about shirtlifters would cause an avalanche of hate from the gay lobby backed up full spectrum by the mass media..

There was more freedom to opinionate then. Now all of our freedoms are being eroded. It's not progress. It's regression. Don't celebrate it.

Minus social media, there are many parallels with Morrissey’s treatment.

That NME interview was the beginning of the end for The Mondays. They’d not been circumspect, as their music (like New Order and The Smiths) was loved in gay venues.

Nevertheless, five years after the debacle and Ryder was back on top. Though he was to be accused of being an anti-Semite in the NME by virtue of Black Grape’s album artwork. But it got no traction, and it was the NME that had lost its audience.

I’d say Morrissey’s popular revival is inevitable, and The Guardian is going to the grave.

In those days you could say things without being totally crucified. For example, nowadays Ian Brown's comments about shirtlifters would cause an avalanche of hate from the gay lobby backed up full spectrum by the mass media..

There was more freedom to opinionate then. Now all of our freedoms are being eroded. It's not progress. It's regression. Don't celebrate it.
It did cause an avalanche of hate, which was mitigated by Brown pointing out that he had marched for gay and trans equality whilst journalists quivered at their typewriters.

"War, I thought, was the most negative aspect of male heterosexuality. If more men were homosexual, there would be no wars, because homosexual men would never kill other men, whereas heterosexual men love killing other men."

Morrissey, 2013.
Had he already forgotten going to the premier of 300?

It did cause an avalanche of hate, which was mitigated by Brown pointing out that he had marched for gay and trans equality whilst journalists quivered at their typewriters.
Yes, to them a single disparaging comment means blanket hatred for everyone gay.

But I meant that nowadays the reaction would be absolutely hysterical - and milked for all it's worth.

Minus social media, there are many parallels with Morrissey’s treatment.

That NME interview was the beginning of the end for The Mondays. They’d not been circumspect, as their music (like New Order and The Smiths) was loved in gay venues.

Nevertheless, five years after the debacle and Ryder was back on top. Though he was to be accused of being an anti-Semite in the NME by virtue of Black Grape’s album artwork. But it got no traction, and it was the NME that had lost its audience.

I’d say Morrissey’s popular revival is inevitable, and The Guardian is going to the grave.

I barely read The Guardian these days & all the gossip is grim.

I spent an evening with Shaun & Paul Leveridge once for some event thing I can't remember. They were lovely - Reel & Stephen would be disappointed.

Yes, to them a single disparaging comment means blanket hatred for everyone gay.

But I meant that nowadays the reaction would be absolutely hysterical - and milked for all it's worth.

You do have blanket hatred though.

I spent an evening with Shaun & Paul Leveridge once for some event thing I can't remember. They were lovely - Reel & Stephen would be disappointed.
They were humouring you. I'd like to talk to Sean about the Great Replacement - off the record of course. Like anyone working class I'd sure he'd have a few things to say - which if heard by the woke left would have them in a screaming tantrum.

I’m envious.

You do have blanket hatred though.
Life doesn't work like that. There is no blanket anything. People are a maze of contradictions. Only the left think they are all grand psychologists. I might hate the gay man down the road who minces along and lets his dog crap on the pavement but love the records of a gay artist or be friends with the gay who works down the supermarket and is a bit of an intolerant fascist (as many gays are). Life is complicated.

They were humouring you. I'd like to talk to Sean about the Great Replacement - off the record of course. Like anyone working class I'd sure he'd have a few things to say - which if heard by the woke left would have them in a screaming tantrum.

Do your racist tea party fantasies involve all white Manchester musicians?

Life doesn't work like that. There is no blanket anything. People are a maze of contradictions. Only the left think they are all grand psychologists. I might hate the gay man down the road who minces along and lets his dog crap on the pavement but love the records of a gay artist or be friends with the gay who works down the supermarket and is a bit of an intolerant fascist (as many gays are). Life is complicated.

Your posts work like that.

Do your racist tea party fantasies involve all white Manchester musicians?

The reason why so many Manchester musicians are speaking their minds (and getting in trouble because of it) is because they are all working class - and working class people tend to what they like and if you don't like it...

Black and middle class musicians are all nice little slaves repeating the establishment agenda. Stormzy for example - what a sap.

The reason why so many Manchester musicians are speaking their minds (and getting in trouble because of it) is because they are all working class - and working class people tend to what they like and if you don't like it...

Black and middle class musicians are all nice little slaves repeating the establishment agenda. Stormzy for example - what a sap.
Chuck D? A sap?

It’s a sad state of affairs with them two now, they have both ruined this site for me, and others.... how on earth have they got away with it??

I don't know - it's their own hatreds & in the case of gay men there's absolutely no way of pretending Moz might agree with them.

And if they don't say what you want them to, you'll just post that they did.

You're a nice little servant to internet bullsh*t.

And if they don't say what you want them to, you'll just post that they did.

You're a nice little servant to internet bullsh*t.
Stormzy and many others like him are tamed and obedient slaves to those who run the Music Biz.

We all know who they are.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom