NYC, the time is near...

I gave into buying a GA ticket for opening night. Only because they're now like $20 or something.

:)

Monday night? I wish I could stay the whole week but I really can't :(

I CAN do Monday; in fact, it's my only night. I am flying solo with three extra tickets of the $30 model ($22 plus fees) in case anyone is in need. I will post that over in the Marketplace section, but in the meantime, if anyone sets up either a pre-show meet or a green carnation plan, let me know :)

www.myspace.com/somecrazydame

Laura in NJ

i will be there along with darth vegan(talking in screen names is fun) and i'll be visiting vegan restaurants and barneys.

Hi there! Apologies about invading your discussion, but you all are *exactly* the type of fans that I need for a story I'm working on!

I'm an entertainment reporter at the New York Post and am looking for New York-based Morrissey fans who'll be attending at least one of his shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Basically, I'm interested in finding out:

-How long you've been a fan
-Why you like Morrissey so much
-What does his music mean to your generation or how has it changed your life
-If you'll be introducing your kids or a younger generation to his music through the show
-If this will be your first Morrissey show
-Would you rather see him perform several times at a smaller venue (like this one) or have one massive concert at a huge venue (like Madison Square Garden)
-How many of the 5 shows you'll be attending and what you're expecting/hoping to see (if it's all five of 'em, why on earth are you doing that?!)
-If there's any comparison between Morrissey's music and what's popular/coming out now

The piece is running on Wednesday Oct 24, so I'd need to speak with/e-mail you by Tuesday at 3pm EST. If it makes your life easier, I'd be happy to call you if you provide me with your number.

Thanks in advance,
Maxine

[email protected]
(212) 930-8625
www.nypost.com

(If there's somewhere better to post this message, please let me know!)

Do not feed or taunt the press. It only gets us in trouble. . .

--jeniphir

For sure don't feed em! Last time I was printed in NME in a stupid sensationalist made up story! And why on earth WOULDN'T we want to see Moz all 5 shows? Why on earth would people marry and have children, allow Bush to take office when Gore won, vote for Bush, drive an SUV or Hummer gas guzzler, not believe in global warming, eat meat, why on earth would people do these things is what you should be finding out! Go out to the show and do your interview NY post! Don't be lazy and sit in your pajamas at the computer!!!! Go to the show and WHY DON'T YOU FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!

For sure don't feed em! Last time I was printed in NME in a stupid sensationalist made up story! And why on earth WOULDN'T we want to see Moz all 5 shows? Why on earth would people marry and have children, allow Bush to take office when Gore won, vote for Bush, drive an SUV or Hummer gas guzzler, not believe in global warming, eat meat, why on earth would people do these things is what you should be finding out! Go out to the show and do your interview NY post! Don't be lazy and sit in your pajamas at the computer!!!! Go to the show and WHY DON'T YOU FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!

It is strange that the New York Post, of all papers, wants to do a story on Morrissey. Maybe this is part of the new "conservatives love Morrissey" thing that is going 'round (remember David Cameron?). Next thing you know, Rupert Murdoch will be admitting that he's loved Morrissey for years.

:D Is there any after parties going on after the show on Friday night?

I'll be there all 5 and I'm sharing an apt with ten other people. BTW, who is Lulu? Please Identify yourself if you are staying with Andrea, Andrew, Phill... the list goes on. :D

im an hour away from getting on a bus for twelve hours.
cramped bus seats for a 6'4 frame await me!

ill be at all five shows plus the sons and hiers tribute on saturday evening.

im an hour away from getting on a bus for twelve hours.
cramped bus seats for a 6'4 frame await me!

ill be at all five shows plus the sons and hiers tribute on saturday evening.

And here I thought my 4 - 5 hour bus ride would be bad!

See you all there. . .I'll be wearing giant platform shoes and/or flowers in my hair, so should be easy to spot. . .oh, and my "M" button that Preggers made up for us!

--jeniphir

Back
Top Bottom