"Obsessed: The Mexican Morrissey" - a film about Jose Maldonado - i-D

Sweet P asks "what's not to like?"

If all you knew of Jose Maldonado was this one single quote of him, you would have a decent enough idea of what kind of human being this guy is, and what's not to like.

"When I'm covering Morrissey, all eyes really are on me," says Maldonado. "If we had to replace anybody in the band other than myself, I don't know if they would be missed."

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/nov/19/magazine/tm-54189/3

To know him is to loathe him.

This dude is a pompous ass. I saw at the Moz show in LA about 3 years ago. He was in a corner trying to draw attention to himself. Pathetic loser.

I find Jose to be pompous and arrogant besides being hyper and easily distracted almost on the ADD spectrum. Mockery is far from flattery but he's so wrapped up in himself to see how idiotic he looks and sounds. Jose should be ashamed to call himself a fan if he's whoring himself out like this and making a buck off of the success of Morrissey. Another interesting point, I've heard him tell the "meeting Morrissey" story a bunch of times now and it changes with every telling just to accommodate the interest of his own media attention. Disgusting!

Cannot believe he works as a lifeguard and that some places still have those cause in the modern world those are not needed anymore. Sometimes it is easy to see how some people turned into what they are from watching too much tv and movies. Some people cannot become something of their own so they copy someone else and live through that and it works when you are young but those people always end up having such sad lives when they are grown up. I call people like him fashion victims cause that is basically what they are.

Cannot believe he works as a lifeguard and that some places still have those cause in the modern world those are not needed anymore. Sometimes it is easy to see how some people turned into what they are from watching too much tv and movies. Some people cannot become something of their own so they copy someone else and live through that and it works when you are young but those people always end up having such sad lives when they are grown up. I call people like him fashion victims cause that is basically what they are.

So are there robots that watch people swimming in the ocean now?

I don't quite get 'tribute' acts, they are probably ok live when people have had a drink, but its a mistake to record anything, because it then looks silly and little like the real artist.

Watching Jose Maldonado is like watching Todd Margaret. It's so painful and embarrassing.

Well, he's actually kind of a condescending asshole. I could actually chalk it up to being caught at a bad time, etc., but the this is experience from being in his presence for several times. I guess it's probably all perspective though, as I am sure that there are many people who have found him nice and charming. On the other hand I have found him to be smarmy and arrogant. If I ever met him again I wouldn't immediately write him off and give him another chance to change my mind, but I find that scenario doubtful.

i can agree with this, the times i have talked to him .. "smarmy and arrogant "
is an excellent choice of words..

I still have no idea who this person is. did they make something or do something

Jose Maldonado is most certainly not "the world's greatest Morrissey impersonator."

Sadly, that title belongs to Morrissey himself.

I think Jose is the best possible Morrissey impersonator.

I know this because if Morrissey wasn't in the singin' and songwrittin' business, he would most certainly be a lifeguard. I remember a few years ago he was in a bookstore in New York and saved some guy that had a heart attack. He jumped into action, with Panther like agility, and saved the guy from an agonizing death.

Gotcha.

Do you mean morrissey saved someone's life because I think that's what your post says but I've never heard that

Well, I may have exaggerated a tad. I think someone was choking on a Butterscotch candy and he may have given them the heimlich. I'm not really sure, but it was covered here on So-Low. I'm too lazy to look it up. It should be around somewhere.

Well, I may have exaggerated a tad. I think someone was choking on a Butterscotch candy and he may have given them the heimlich. I'm not really sure, but it was covered here on So-Low. I'm too lazy to look it up. It should be around somewhere.

An elderly lady collapsed in a bookstore and he ran over and made sure she was ok and picked up her belongings.

Pathetic posers, there's a PhD floating around the Twitter-sphere looking for people to talk about Jose for her book about Moz. He's such a whore and far too many of these idiots are brainwashed. Some of them paid good money to travel abroad to goto the Mozarmy meet to see Jose and his freakish followers but wouldn't pay to see Moz himself a few weeks later in Europe? Um, ok.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom