Officially cancelled "due to illness": Morrissey at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2017 - @kroq

@kroq / Twitter:
6:56 PM - 9 Dec 2017 from Inglewood, CA

It is with great regret that we must inform you that Morrissey's performance for Sunday night's show has been cancelled due to illness. Earlier this week the tour's performances in Philadelphia and Boston were also forced to be canceled, but it was hoped that conditions would improve for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas performance to continue as scheduled. Morrissey's team and KROQ apologize greatly for this disappointment and Morrissey looks forward to making it up to the Los Angeles fans as soon as possible.

Morrissey isn't going to be able to make it to the show. I hope he is ok and now I am worried. He wouldn't miss an LA show unless we wasn't well. Another time. Thank you for three great shows.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin and Bean (KROQ Dj's) just announced on air that Morrissey will not be performing Sunday night.

It is with great regret that we must now read the following posts on this forum whinging about Morrissey having the audacity to cancel concerts because of illness.

maybe, Get well soon ?
I had this coworker once. They would call in sick at the drop of a hat. Thought it was ok to call 40 minutes before they were supposed to be in, and put on a rough voice, apologize and sniffle or cough, and leave the pub understaffed. This happened more and more, and resentment grew among the staff until nobody really cared if they were sick or not, they were just tired of not having a body there. This happened two, sometimes three days a week until we all had the epiphany that we worked just as well without them there, so the next time they called in, they were just informed not to bother calling anymore because we had come to rely on their unreliability. They had made themselves obsolete.

I had this coworker once. They would call in sick at the drop of a hat. Thought it was ok to call 40 minutes before they were supposed to be in, and put on a rough voice, apologize and sniffle or cough, and leave the pub understaffed. This happened more and more, and resentment grew among the staff until nobody really cared if they were sick or not, they were just tired of not having a body there. This happened two, sometimes three days a week until we all had the epiphany that we worked just as well without them there, so the next time they called in, they were just informed not to bother calling anymore because we had come to rely on their unreliability. They had made themselves obsolete.

and ?

As far as a makeup for ALL fans. OK, how about a live in-studio acoustic session on KROQ?

Last edited:

I never knew Morrissey worked in a pub. You learn something every day.

@kroq / Twitter:
6:56 PM - 9 Dec 2017 from Inglewood, CA

It is with great regret that we must inform you that Morrissey's performance for Sunday night's show has been cancelled due to illness. Earlier this week the tour's performances in Philadelphia and Boston were also forced to be canceled, but it was hoped that conditions would improve for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas performance to continue as scheduled. Morrissey's team and KROQ apologize greatly for this disappointment and Morrissey looks forward to making it up to the Los Angeles fans as soon as possible.

Morrissey isn't going to be able to make it to the show. I hope he is ok and now I am worried. He wouldn't miss an LA show unless we wasn't well. Another time. Thank you for three great shows.

Related item:

It’s that bloody cancer, sounds serious.

Quick someone get scraping it off, thst will fix it.

It’s that bloody cancer, sounds serious.

Quick someone get scraping it off, thst will fix it.

I can't believe the news today
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away
How long
How long must we sing this song
How long, how long
'Cause tonight, we can be as one
Tonight
Broken concerts under fan's feet
Bodies lined along a dead end cue
But I won't see a bathroom stall
I put my ticket up
Put my ticket up on the wall
Cancer, Bloody Cancer
Cancer, Bloody Cancer
Cancer, Bloody Cancer

I can't believe the news today
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away
How long
How long must we sing this song
How long, how long
'Cause tonight, we can be as one
Tonight
Broken concerts under fan's feet
Bodies lined along a dead end cue
But I won't see a bathroom stall
I put my ticket up
Put my ticket up on the wall
Cancer, Bloody Cancer
Cancer, Bloody Cancer
Cancer, Bloody Cancer

I guess the cancer has come out of remission

How long does he have to live?

it must be one of the sound engineers [instruments/PA] just a roady is quick to change.

Or is it not the real truth, and someone from band or His Masters Voice

Rourke and Joyce were Smiths and will foreveer be attached, a roady is replaceble in a few hours

How about:

- a refund
- a free concert
- Smiths reformation

How about:

- an acoustic session in my lounge next Friday mourning with full vegan catering.
- a supporting role playing Buck Bidet in the film version of List of the Lost plus my own trailer.
- cheeseboard.
- A pair of Gucci embroidered seersucker matching socks and underwear.
- a year's supply of Heinz Baked Beans.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom