Officially cancelled "due to illness": Morrissey at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2017 - @kroq

@kroq / Twitter:
6:56 PM - 9 Dec 2017 from Inglewood, CA

It is with great regret that we must inform you that Morrissey's performance for Sunday night's show has been cancelled due to illness. Earlier this week the tour's performances in Philadelphia and Boston were also forced to be canceled, but it was hoped that conditions would improve for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas performance to continue as scheduled. Morrissey's team and KROQ apologize greatly for this disappointment and Morrissey looks forward to making it up to the Los Angeles fans as soon as possible.

Morrissey isn't going to be able to make it to the show. I hope he is ok and now I am worried. He wouldn't miss an LA show unless we wasn't well. Another time. Thank you for three great shows.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a theory. HE'S NOT SICK AT ALL.

He made a massive tit out of himself right at the release of his first album in forever that actually had good record label support, and an effective publicity machine working for him. TV appearances were happening, people were more interested than they had been.

BUT

He opened his mouth to do his usual media trolling, and people responded overwhelmingly negatively, by calling him out, not buying the record, (face it, it's a flop) and in the case of one ballsy person, told him to shut it to his face. So a few nights of macho posturing and "I'm not sorry" under the stage lights, holding it together for the shows, followed by deep funky depression back at the hotel, only to pull it together for the next show-

Until he couldn't anymore. Depression is a bitch like that. So the band wait for the word, head on to the next city, Mopey pants calls the whole thing off. It's the same thing that finally caused Marr to throw in the towel and quit the Smiths. Only difference is, I don't see bands clamoring to have Boz & Jesse play on their tracks.
The band holds on because hey, it's better than applying for studio musician work.

If the wolf is actually, honestly upon him, maybe he shouldn't have yelled WOLF so much.
It loses its impact, you know.
Your reactions to all things Morrissey (especially after he has said something controversial to some people) really does make me laugh :lbf: Thank you :thumb:

Your reactions to all things Morrissey (especially after he has said something controversial to some people) really does make me laugh :lbf: Thank you :thumb:
In this case, I'm being quite serious. I think he's beside himself with the state of his situation and can't bring himself to move out of bed (someone should write a song about that) so dates are cancelled, the band is used to it, and they need him more than he needs them, so they stay quiet.

If it comes out that he's actually, honestly in bad shape, I'll retract my statement here, but I think depression is behind the majority of his last minute cancellations.

In this case, I'm being quite serious. I think he's beside himself with the state of his situation and can't bring himself to move out of bed (someone should write a song about that) so dates are cancelled, the band is used to it, and they need him more than he needs them, so they stay quiet.

If it comes out that he's actually, honestly in bad shape, I'll retract my statement here, but I think depression is behind the majority of his last minute cancellations.
It's the tone of your voice I am imagining in my mind coupled with what you are saying that makes me laugh :lbf:

Who knows what's happening, but you could be correct, I have suffered in the past and refused to do things or even go out anywhere. I hope it's all resolved whatever it is that's happening :)

why don't you? go start a band or something, since you lost your job it would be healthy for you to do something positive.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth in what you say, I thought about that too after the negative media coverage and their misinterpretation of what he most likely didn't even say. Could imagine that compounded with stress from touring could lead to a combination of catching cold and depression. But WHO KNOWS? could be a band member that's ill.

If he starts and can't finish the UK dates, then he really needs to do shorter tours or just a few major cities.

why don't you? go start a band or something, since you lost your job it would be healthy for you to do something positive.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth in what you say, I thought about that too after the negative media coverage and their misinterpretation of what he most likely didn't even say. Could imagine that compounded with stress from touring could lead to a combination of catching cold and depression. But WHO KNOWS? could be a band member that's ill.

If he starts and can't finish the UK dates, then he really needs to do shorter tours or just a few major cities.
I have tickets for the Ally Pally date 2nd to last show, I haven't booked accommodation yet (London is nearly 5 hours away from me) should I hold off in your opinion?

I have tickets for the Ally Pally date 2nd to last show, I haven't booked accommodation yet (London is nearly 5 hours away from me) should I hold off in your opinion?

'hold off' ?

well, if you do arrive at the venue to find it's canceled. I would just take the next train back. Bring a good book.:) Or if you have friends there, make a night of it anyways, then crash at their place.

There's more to life than a Morrissey show, but not much more.... ;)

I just want to point out that The Killers' #1 was only possible because the band sent out an album to everyone who bought a ticket. Fans that attended multiple shows got multiple albums. Their #1 was a complete fraud and the second week sales prove it.

"The Killers' "Wonderful Wonderful" posts the largest second week percentage sales drop for a #1 debuting album (-94%)."
I just want to point out that if you look at overall sales from that album, alongside LIHS, your point is already well and f***ing moot, l’il shooter. ;)

Of course he doesn't. And I'll ask you the same - exactly what have you read, and where, to convince you he has, or has had cancer? I'm asking you to convince me here. Go ahead.

Are you defaming Morrissey, being abusive or hateful to someone on this website, or just trying to threaten them? Given that you continually swear at and abuse people, the Terms of Service are below.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend.

Last edited:
'hold off' ?

well, if you do arrive at the venue to find it's canceled. I would just take the next train back. Bring a good book.:) Or if you have friends there, make a night of it anyways, then crash at their place.

There's more to life than a Morrissey show, but not much more.... ;)
lol I mean not booking accommodation yet. I will be driving as I don't fancy train stations in London, it is a very nerve racking place at the moment, we don't have terror threats in the SW (yet) although actually some pillock tried blowing up a restaurant one lunch time and ended up setting it off in the toilet and only injuring himself LOL I was near that area on my lunch break at the same time and thankfully only got caught up in the traffic, so that's the closest I have ever been to a terror attack. (sorry for that :D)

RETIRE! You’ve done what you’ve could just stop and enjoy the rest of your life in comfort.

who wants a life in comfort? then again, everyone has their own idea of what 'comfort' is or means to them. Morrissey, like Jacky, may feel that the stage is the only place where they really feel comfortable.

lol I mean not booking accommodation yet. I will be driving as I don't fancy train stations in London, it is a very nerve racking place at the moment, we don't have terror threats in the SW (yet) although actually some pillock tried blowing up a restaurant one lunch time and ended up setting it off in the toilet and only injuring himself LOL I was near that area on my lunch break at the same time and thankfully only got caught up in the traffic, so that's the closest I have ever been to a terror attack. (sorry for that :D)

well, the same. Just enjoy what comes, sure you can find something for your idle hands to do while you're in London.

Well, whoever is feeling ill and for whatever reason, I hope that the worst is over now and that they will be able to start feeling better very soon. I love all of those guys and am sending love and serious healing thoughts their way.

who wants a life in comfort? then again, everyone has their own idea of what 'comfort' is or means to them. Morrissey, like Jacky, may feel that the stage is the only place where they really feel comfortable.

Yeah but at what expense it’s obvious he can’t make it thru a tour anymore and why put your health at risk for that, also it would save fans a tremendous amount of traveling money from bothering to try to go to a show that gets cancelled. Morrissey you were great in your day but those days are over, retire relax and enjoy the rest of your life.

I've not resorted to personal attacks on you have I? A bartender's hours are odd ones. Sorry I've not kept you up to speed, but I'm back on the pony. Pour you a drink? Sounds like you need one. And a hot toddy for Moz's sniffles or what have you.

To clarify, I want him to be healthy and happy, to play great shows and write quality music.
But he's excelling at getting in his own way.

it makes me really sad for all the fans who were going to see him when he does this. I mean, to some people it's just a concert, no big deal. but there are a lot of people out there who maybe were really looking forward to this, maybe it was the one nice thing they were going to do in a long time. I'm really interested in whether he even thinks about that. I mean, sure, things come up-- but not ALL the time. most people have some foresight about what they can reasonably expect of themselves for the next few months or so, so if you're not sure that you're going to be able to finish a tour maybe you shouldn't commit to one in the first place.

it makes me really sad for all the fans who were going to see him when he does this. I mean, to some people it's just a concert, no big deal. but there are a lot of people out there who maybe were really looking forward to this, maybe it was the one nice thing they were going to do in a long time. I'm really interested in whether he even thinks about that. I mean, sure, things come up-- but not ALL the time. most people have some foresight about what they can reasonably expect of themselves for the next few months or so, so if you're not sure that you're going to be able to finish a tour maybe you shouldn't commit to one in the first place.
At every cancelled show there is a trembling teenager waiting to see him for the first time. Or people who got in their car, took time off from work, and drove anywhere from 10 to 1000 miles. People who paid hundreds of dollars for plane tickets, train tickets, the poor sonsabitches with the Grayhound tickets... Fees both refundable and non, etc etc etc. There's a little ripple in the economy when Morrissey goes on tour, and much of the money isn't going to him. It's earned by his fans, spent by his fans, and wasted by him.

If I could book him a hypothetical U.S. tour it would look something like this.

12/12 New York, New York
12/14 New York, New York

12/20 Los Angeles, California
12/22 Los Angeles, California

This is the first time he cancelled on me. I traveled along way and did spend a bit of money but I know he wouldn't cancel unless he really wasn't able to make it. I really do think he has changed in that regard. Maybe 4 years ago I couldn't say for sure. Also, he doesn't drink that much anymore. I feel for the fans but tours every year so you just need to wait for the next go around. Sometime he travels all night in the bus to get to the next place, there is a lot that goes into each show. If you really say you love him, give the man some grace.

I just want to point out that if you look at overall sales from that album, alongside LIHS, your point is already well and f***ing moot, l’il shooter. ;)
And what point is it that became moot exactly? Did the comparative lower sales of LIHS somehow make that #1 legitimate?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom