Officially cancelled "due to illness": Morrissey at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2017 - @kroq

@kroq / Twitter:
6:56 PM - 9 Dec 2017 from Inglewood, CA

It is with great regret that we must inform you that Morrissey's performance for Sunday night's show has been cancelled due to illness. Earlier this week the tour's performances in Philadelphia and Boston were also forced to be canceled, but it was hoped that conditions would improve for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas performance to continue as scheduled. Morrissey's team and KROQ apologize greatly for this disappointment and Morrissey looks forward to making it up to the Los Angeles fans as soon as possible.

Morrissey isn't going to be able to make it to the show. I hope he is ok and now I am worried. He wouldn't miss an LA show unless we wasn't well. Another time. Thank you for three great shows.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
In any case, best wishes for recovery to whomever is suffering right now.

The person "suffering" is, without a doubt, Morrissey himself. Anyone who thinks a band member's sniffles is the reason for calling off these shows is beyond delusional.

Man, you have no idea what love is..it isn't abuse when someone cancels a concert. You are too angry to love anything. Let it go.

You look up to him like he will save you from life. What a burden..why don't you all try to save HIM from life?

1. Don't let anything that G23 posts - or the other usual crew - upset you.

2. Obviously, ANY normal, reasonable, fan and music lover wishes Morrissey a very speedy recovery. But also he/she/a robot will fully understand these things are much more serious when a) you've already been through-the-mill, for months, with various health issues and b) your immune system is shot, even before you begin.

3. Pre Dec 2017, I would suggest - to anyone - a good bout of Honey and Lemon drinks. However, since our bees are now falling apart - literally and psyhically - thanks to chemical sprays and other chemical pesticide by-products, we know live in a sad world where the 'honey' that you try to eat or drink, now contain a very high percentage of these pesticides too.

4. Today, Cheggars Played Pop. And we are all the better for it. RIP Keith Chegwin x

Hazard

2. Obviously, ANY normal, reasonable, fan and music lover wishes Morrissey a very speedy recovery. But also he/she/a robot will fully understand these things are much more serious when a) you've already been through-the-mill, for months, with various health issues and b) your immune system is shot, even before you begin.

3. Pre Dec 2017, I would suggest - to anyone - a good bout of Honey and Lemon drinks. However, since our bees are now falling apart - literally and psyhically - thanks to chemical sprays and other chemical pesticide by-products, we know live in a sad world where the 'honey' that you try to eat or drink, now contain a very high percentage of these pesticides too.

4. Today, Cheggars Played Pop. And we are all the better for it. RIP Keith Chegwin x

Hazard

On point 2 - how do you know Morrissey is ill? Where did you read that?

On point 3 - I'd be interested to read the figures on pesticides in honey, as I cannot for a moment believe you'd make that assertion without evidence, so please link me to the figures.

Hazard

Leather, milk, cheese, cashmere and now honey, y'say? I look forward to the forthcoming thread.

Only by the undertaker. Don't worry, the funeral's gonna be an open-casket affair.

Why so harsh and insulting on Moz and Jane Jackson who has always been a kind and really true Moz-fan for loving his music and never hateful to people who disagreed with her?

Every time truly amazed about the hatred and vicious posts as if people really have been hurt by him personally.

As if they were true friends and in his company all the time and he has shunned them and hurt them personally.

I am not going to google Wikipedia and misuse the info there about psychiatric diseases by posting it here on this site as some kind of evidence, like all the pseudo psychiatrists already did many times (yawn) as offering an explanation to Morrissey’s supposed and assumed
illments, but sometimes it does feel like they are projecting them on him.

And are not aware or turning a blind to the possibility it might have to do with them.

I've not resorted to personal attacks on you have I? A bartender's hours are odd ones. Sorry I've not kept you up to speed, but I'm back on the pony. Pour you a drink? Sounds like you need one. And a hot toddy for Moz's sniffles or what have you.

To clarify, I want him to be healthy and happy, to play great shows and write quality music.
But he's excelling at getting in his own way.

think of it as a harmless experiment. I mean I was only trying to give you some advice, in the same way people try to give advice telling M what to do and what not to do. It doesn't feel nice getting advice from people who don't know you, my apologies. Luckily, M most likely does not read posts here, but imagine how he would feel if he did ?

Anyways, I did agree with some of your post. Unfortunately there's not a rating symbol to click on to indicate that one agrees with only half of the persons comment, and therefore I thought it would be more civil to reply. I noticed you've been getting more negative ratings lately and liking some of what you said in your post I thought it wouldn't be quite fair to also give a negative rating. I hope now, you have a better understanding of my reply.

it makes me really sad for all the fans who were going to see him when he does this. I mean, to some people it's just a concert, no big deal. but there are a lot of people out there who maybe were really looking forward to this, maybe it was the one nice thing they were going to do in a long time. I'm really interested in whether he even thinks about that. I mean, sure, things come up-- but not ALL the time. most people have some foresight about what they can reasonably expect of themselves for the next few months or so, so if you're not sure that you're going to be able to finish a tour maybe you shouldn't commit to one in the first place.

As I've mentioned already, we have the venues and KROQ expressing public comments of regret about Morrissey canceling and yet not one word from Morrissey about it. It really is the least he can do to at least provide some explanation to his disappointed fans.

The band and crew were all in LA and Morrissey was not. That is a fact. There was a thought it might happen as hotel rooms were booked etc.

The band and crew were all in LA and Morrissey was not. That is a fact. There was a thought it might happen as hotel rooms were booked etc.

My theory is some shit hit fan Monday morning December 4 (perhaps with his label, or fallout from recent interviews, or record sales, or something else) and he was so upset he couldn't possibly make the 100 minute drive from NYC to Philadelphia to sing that night. (Remember: the crew already had the stage set by early afternoon.) And then it just snowballed and Boston and LA were also axed.

think of it as a harmless experiment. I mean I was only trying to give you some advice, in the same way people try to give advice telling M what to do and what not to do. It doesn't feel nice getting advice from people who don't know you, my apologies. Luckily, M most likely does not read posts here, but imagine how he would feel if he did ?

Anyways, I did agree with some of your post. Unfortunately there's not a rating symbol to click on to indicate that one agrees with only half of the persons comment, and therefore I thought it would be more civil to reply. I noticed you've been getting more negative ratings lately and liking some of what you said in your post I thought it wouldn't be quite fair to also give a negative rating. I hope now, you have a better understanding of my reply.
I have received 51 negative ratings since the Der Spiegel interview was released. This account is what, 4 years old, almost 5? I must be doing something right I suppose. Those numbers were a little too shiny, and I'm nervous to be part of any club that would have me as a member as the saying goes.

I'm not going to apologize for anything I've said. I've stated that I would retract my statements if proven to be wrong. If Der Spiegel releases a tape like-

"So, Morrissey. Hypothetically speaking, what do you think the statistics on rape in a Berlin with open borders could be at the end of 5 years?"

"I think that Berlin could quite possibly be become the rape capitol of Europe."

But there are the dodgy statements on "Millions of Germans dying to preserve the German identity" and the seeming victim blaming in the Weinstein/Spacey comments etc. The world has moved past "She should have worn a longer dress. She was asking for it" mentality.

If he reads any of this, who else gives him performance reviews, as it were, but his audience?

If he does read this, all I can say is "Hi Moz, I love you, buddy, but it would be nice if you'd concentrate less on trying to stay in the public eye by any means necessary, and more on the music. Donald Trump is constantly in the news for his antics too, but he's not very well liked, either. You once said it took guts and strength to be gentle and kind. Please, we need more guts in this world. Sincerely, George."

I have received 51 negative ratings since the Der Spiegel interview was released. This account is what, 4 years old, almost 5? I must be doing something right I suppose. Those numbers were a little too shiny, and I'm nervous to be part of any club that would have me as a member as the saying goes.

I'm not going to apologize for anything I've said. I've stated that I would retract my statements if proven to be wrong. If Der Spiegel releases a tape like-

"So, Morrissey. Hypothetically speaking, what do you think the statistics on rape in a Berlin with open borders could be at the end of 5 years?"

"I think that Berlin could quite possibly be become the rape capitol of Europe."

But there are the dodgy statements on "Millions of Germans dying to preserve the German identity" and the seeming victim blaming in the Weinstein/Spacey comments etc. The world has moved past "She should have worn a longer dress. She was asking for it" mentality.

If he reads any of this, who else gives him performance reviews, as it were, but his audience?

If he does read this, all I can say is "Hi Moz, I love you, buddy, but it would be nice if you'd concentrate less on trying to stay in the public eye by any means necessary, and more on the music. Donald Trump is constantly in the news for his antics too, but he's not very well liked, either. You once said it took guts and strength to be gentle and kind. Please, we need more guts in this world. Sincerely, George."
"I think that Berlin could quite possibly be become the rape capitol of Europe." For months now on various social media networks, the phrase 'Sweden - the rape capital of Europe' has been mentioned frequently. I wasn't surprised by him saying what he did (or possibly not? ;) we shall soon see)

"I think that Berlin could quite possibly be become the rape capitol of Europe." For months now on various social media networks, the phrase 'Sweden - the rape capital of Europe' has been mentioned frequently. I wasn't surprised by him saying what he did (or possibly not? ;) we shall soon see)
I look forward to hearing it for myself, but I'm not holding hope when Moz was holding court. He tends to put his foot in his mouth without any help. Just look at the first two shows prior to the release of the album.

As I've mentioned already, we have the venues and KROQ expressing public comments of regret about Morrissey canceling and yet not one word from Morrissey about it. It really is the least he can do to at least provide some explanation to his disappointed fans.
it baffles me that he doesn't seem to feel any obligation. I mean, of course he's not ever obligated to perform if he doesn't want to, but once he announces a tour, people buy tickets, make plans, arrange their schedule around those plans, at that point I think he really does have an obligation to show up, and if not, at least explain why.

Do people only care about the music, or do they care for him as a person? What matters most? I think he is a beautiful soul, he speaks gently, he is fragile. We know he had bouts of depression in the past so one can only assume he is going through some serious lows right now. I can't believe how little are people willing to understand about this illness. It can be so paralyzing that nothing matters to the person suffering. Trust me, if this is true and he is dealing with some heavy stuff, the fans and concerts are the furthest thing from his mind.

Do people only care about the music, or do they care for him as a person? What matters most? I think he is a beautiful soul, he speaks gently, he is fragile. We know he had bouts of depression in the past so one can only assume he is going through some serious lows right now. I can't believe how little are people willing to understand about this illness. It can be so paralyzing that nothing matters to the person suffering. Trust me, if this is true and he is dealing with some heavy stuff, the fans and concerts are the furthest thing from his mind.
I care about him as a person, but I care about the fans as people too. I cant get that picture of fans leaving the cancelled paso robles concert out of my mind. I just found it really upsetting. I don't see why he cant just go on. it's just one night to him but it might be a lifelong memory to a fan. remember Jennifer, the fan who he met backstage before she passed away? what if he had cancelled that concert?

Bollocks to "understanding". You're making excuses for him and indulging his selfishness. You see somebody who's beautiful, gentle, and fragile; I see somebody who's arrogant, workshy and, above all, self-centred. I've been diagnosed with depression multiple times in the course of the last fifteen years so I do "understand this illness". He says that he's been dogged by depression since his teens and he has more than thirty years' experience of being part of the entertainment industry, therefore he should be able to anticipate whether he can fulfill his contractual obligations to his customers.

If he can't do his job, he should f*** off and retire.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom