Oh dear, it's on my doorstep

lainey

whilst walking out of my house before, I was disgusted to see 5 skinheads wearing bomber jackets, demin jeans and doc martins sporting nazi/swastikas tattoos, all eyeball me, well I guess we are now back in the
80's ..............riot's on the streets to come soon. life really is a pigsty.:(

Ironically I got this e-mail from the hope not hate this morning.

There are moments that our movement of hope is made for. This is one of them.

In a few weeks time, football hooligans, far right extremists and Islamophobes are planning to descend on Luton, with a simple goal - to whip up fear, religious tension and violence. And you won't be surprised to hear that the BNP are involved.

The last time the anti-Islam protesters marched in Luton, gangs of thugs stormed the predominantly Muslim area of the town, smashing up cars and shopfronts along the way - and forcing law abiding men and women to flea or fight to safeguard their homes and families. Riot police had to be deployed and 35 people were arrested. We can't let this happen again.

I've set up a tool on the Hope not Hate website that lets you contact the people who can stop this violent gathering - the Home Secretary Alan Johnson and Bedfordshire's Chief Constable Gillian Parker. It will take you less than a minute to send a message - all you need to do is click here:

http://action.hopenothate.org.uk/luton

We only have to remember how BNP supporters triggered the Oldham riot in 2001 to realise the consequences of these actions. We must stop this - we can't let these thugs take control of our streets even for a single moment.

The BNP are actively involved in this protest because they know that whipping up violence and inter-community tension can only benefit them. Chris Renton, a BNP super activist, has helped the hooligans with their website. Marlene Guest, who stood as a BNP Euro candidate in June, will be attending and recently spoke at a local anti Islam gathering. And Martyn Page, treasurer of the BNP's Broxtowe group, has boosted about bringing "hundreds" of people to the anti-Islamic event. The key organiser of the protest has also admitted to attending BNP meetings.

Our society is based on rights and responsibilities - and we have a duty to protect our communities from these organised, violent thugs. If you agree, please take a moment to help us stop this dangerous, hateful event:

we can stop this violence. We can stop the racists intimidating and attacking the law abiding people of Luton. But I need your help - and just a minute of your time:

Thank you,

Nick

Your heart is in the right place. The way of hate is the way of ultimate destruction. The way of love and tolerance is the way of victory.

Peter

But surely it is a free country and you can choose how to dress and what tattoos to wear.It doesn't follow those particular individuals on this occasion are violent.Maybe I'm naive.

But surely it is a free country and you can choose how to dress and what tattoos to wear.It doesn't follow those particular individuals on this occasion are violent.Maybe I'm naive.

if you'd like to swap houses, please feel free as I have first hand knowledge of them

Wasn't it an Asian gang trying to stop white people from entering an Oldham park that caused the 2001 riots?

Please before you all yell at me, keep in mind that I may have still been reading newspapers back in 2001, I don't do that anymore.

Also bear in mind, that I asked a question. If the answer is 'no, they didn't' then that is the answer. The answer is NOT 'how dare you even suggest such a thing you racist bastard.'

Wasn't it an Asian gang trying to stop white people from entering an Oldham park that caused the 2001 riots?

Please before you all yell at me, keep in mind that I may have still been reading newspapers back in 2001, I don't do that anymore.

Also bear in mind, that I asked a question. If the answer is 'no, they didn't' then that is the answer. The answer is NOT 'how dare you even suggest such a thing you racist bastard.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Oldham_race_riots

As with any riot, there is no one cause, there are a multitude of factors that often build up over years and sometimes decades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Oldham_race_riots

As with any riot, there is no one cause, there are a multitude of factors that often build up over years and sometimes decades.

Thanks for the sensible response.

I read that Wikipedia article too:

The "white-owned" Live and Let Live pub was targeted and pelted with bricks, stones, bottles and then petrol bombs. Cars were driven to block the fire exits, in an attempt to stop the patrons from escaping the flames.

:eek:

Skinheads are people too, they need love too!
:)

Very hard to get an accurate account of events. Most people aren't there, so you need the word of someone who was there. All those there have subjective accounts rather than objective.

Even those who say "I'm impartial", may wish to be so, but due to the way we are all brought up, we all have things that sway us, all be it subconsciously even!

What really bugs me is the fact that these racist skins ruin it for the rest of the decent, music loving, apolitical skinheads. Racist skinheads are not true skinheads, and shouldn't be used as a representation of skinheads.

Every day, I get up and pray to Jah
And he decreases the number of clocks by exactly one
Everybody's comin' home for lunch these days
Last night there were skinheads on my lawn
Take the skinheads bowling
Take them bowling
Take the skinheads bowling
Take them bowling
Some people say that bowling alleys got big lanes
Some people say that bowling alleys all look the same

There's not a line that goes here that rhymes with anything
I has a dream last night, but I forget what it was
I had a dream last night about you, my friend
I had a dream--I wanted to sleep next to plasticI had a dream--I wanted to lick your knees
I had a dream--it was about nothing

a very clever song, (originally by Camper Van Beethoven)

It can be interpreted in many ways

Last edited by a moderator:
What really bugs me is the fact that these racist skins ruin it for the rest of the decent, music loving, apolitical skinheads. Racist skinheads are not true skinheads, and shouldn't be used as a representation of skinheads.

i was gonna mention this.

simply, f*** those idiot boneheads. isn't the anti-racist action big in the uk? will these nazis get stomped out?

In my opinion, you could see wearing swastikas, be they tattoos or on clothing, as an act of violence.

Anyone got any good accounts from Birmingham the other week?

The Mail made it look like people waving Union Jacks were attacked by Asians and the other sources didn't really portion blame or take sides.

Incidentally a lot of people there had gone up from Luton. Apparently self styled 'Casuals'.

I imagine most of them were c***s and chose an area with a large Asian population to cause trouble, but you can't wave a flag anywhere these days, well at least not the flag of the country you're in.

In my opinion, you could see wearing swastikas, be they tattoos or on clothing, as an act of violence.

Such symbols just represent a blanket statement of racial hatred and thus violence. It's a shame that some people can't differentiate between the message behind a Swastika and that of a Union or St. George's flag. And that applies to the people on the far left and right.

received this e-mail:D

I've just been told some good news and I wanted you to hear it before it's released to the media. The Home Secretary, Alan Johnson, has stopped the Luton protest from going ahead. We won.

And what's even better - the far right can't protest in Luton for the next three months as well.

Sources have told me told that this happened because of our campaign. And our campaign happened because of you. Over 14,000 letters were sent - a phenomenal achievement. We've made the world a better place today - we all should be proud of what we've achieved.

In the coming weeks and months we'll continue to face up to the far right wherever they stand and whatever they do.

But to keep this going we need our grassroot supporters to contribute to our campaign. By donating £10 or whatever you can afford now you'll help us take on the BNP in crucial byelections in Barnsley, South Oxhey and Sandwell in the next few weeks. Please donate £10 for Hope now:

http://action.hopenothate.org.uk/wewon

We all should be deeply proud of what we've achieved today - it really is a great result.

Thank you,

Nick.

If only the right wing were better at writing letters they could put their point across in a more acceptable way.

surely they get nazi/ swasitikas tattoos out of support! they're permanent and obvious sign of his deeply held racist beliefs.

You can't make windows into people's souls.People can think what they choose and if they want to believe in fascism that's their business. Having a tattoo of a swastika doesn't make you a bad person it's your actions and behaviour that does that.That is my point.

I bet the good people who have swastikas tattoed on them are Hindus. Or Buddhists. Maybe Jainists, whatever that means.

Back
Top Bottom