Morrissey Central "Oh Sigh" - link to Der Spiegel fraudulent journalist Claas Relotius

Oh Sigh - Morrissey Central
December 20, 2018

https://www.yahoo.com/news/der-spie...trated-years-long-134139746.html?guccounter=1

Germany: Der Spiegel says star reporter made up material - Yahoo

Excerpt:

BERLIN (AP) — An award-winning journalist who worked for Der Spiegel, one of Germany's leading news outlets, has left the weekly magazine after evidence emerged that he committed journalistic fraud "on a grand scale" over a number of years, the publication said Wednesday.

Spiegel published a lengthy report on its website after conducting an initial internal probe of the work of Claas Relotius, a 33-year-old staff writer known for vivid investigative stories. The magazine said Relotius resigned Monday after admitting some of his articles included made-up material from interviews that never happened.

The Hamburg-based magazine said Relotius contributed almost to 60 articles published in print or online since 2011, first as a freelance writer before being hired full-time last year. The reporter previously worked for other German and Swiss publications and won numerous awards, including CNN Journalist of the Year in 2014.

Spiegel said Relotius acknowledged fabricating parts of at least 14 stories, including a piece about an American woman who he said volunteered to witness the executions of death row inmates, such as one in Texas at the beginning of the year.

Relotius didn't immediately respond to an emailed request for comment.

The case, which is still being investigated, "marks a low point in the 70-year history of Der Spiegel," the magazine said.

Recall the Morrissey interview in Der Spiegel in Nov. 2017 in which Morrissey denied saying some of the things printed, later refuted when the journalist Juliane Liebert released the audio file of the interview. It's unclear how the journalist Claas Relotius relates to Morrissey other than the Der Speigel link.

Related items:

Last edited:
1DF7625C-A4AF-483E-A54D-F10893B25609.gif

He is refering to a traditonal narrow minded but popular view ie regarding everything German as ‘nazi’. Its an uneducated viewpoint that’s the irony.
With friends like these, then it's no surprise that Boz has gone and Morrissey's remaining fanbase are the cranks they are.

And who does that benefit?

Coming on to a site dedicated to an artist who’s views , recent music or band members you don’t like... it’s called TROLLING.
Erm... no it isn't. It's called having an objective opinion. Following somebody around the board and continually needling, baiting and downvoting them because their views don't align with yours, though: that's trolling.

Spreading lies and hating someone for liking a certain type of music and hating someone for their supposed political beliefs is trolling. Not to even mention the bullying and name-calling. We see plenty of that on here.
But thankfully they get the troll-ratings they so richly deserve.

I despise racists, hypocrites and bigots, and will always call them out. And those who brainlessly, without a second thought, support racists, hypocrites and bigots. It's as simple as that.

So do I and I still like morrissey
This seems like a personal grudge, like he has done something to you and you apparently can't move on or let it go.
I'm not trying to be flippant or denigrate you in any way. I do feel you should give people on this site( if not Morrissey,) the benefit of the doubt.
We can make up our own minds about what he says, without being called names or being painted as some class of automoton groupies.
A lot of the people here have been with morrissey since the Smiths so I would imagine they know well enough that everything that is said by him and about him is open to interpretation.
I think he is one of the few people who questions the perceived authority we are all subjected to, be it police politics, music industry or meat industry. Our information on any of these is provided by the mainstream media 24/7if we want it.
Anyone who is half awake can see the political orchestrations behind every war and conflict and every forced migration of peoples as a result.
I dont think its unreasonable to point out the result of this is going to cause problems
The only thing morrissey has said that I found strange was his endorsement of ANY political party as there is no difference between any of them. Politics is a stage with actors, you might as well watch Game of Thrones and believe it to be real.
One politician is as unpalatable and unbelievable as the next and getting worked up name-calling over it s a waste of energy that could be put into something productive.
When I do comment on this site I feel like "the cult" of anti morrissey is the one I have most issue with as it can be very loud and not conducive to genuine interaction. Hence I haven't registered as a member.
I like the balanced content by members like FWD and that's the main reason I visit this site.
Anyway Happy Solstice

Great post, but the thing is P. Skinny cannot read, with blinders on.
Any communication with him has become futile at this point.

What people are missing with the Italian policeman incident is that it was a complete load of lies and bollocks. :tiphat:

What people are missing with Der Spiegel is he did 4kin say it, we've heard the words coming from his mouth. :tiphat:

What people are missing with the peacock feather embellished brown cardigan is that Steve is a so called vegan and he wore it even though it was made with wool and cashmere. :tiphat:

I could go on but I'm off out for some merrymaking :thumbsup:
Happy to help at this festive time :christmastree:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I'm wondering why he is suggesting that this is the same journalist that interviewd him. Because it's a different person. In return we could hold Moz responsible for everything Heino has ever done. Trumpean trash.

I'm wondering why he is suggesting that this is the same journalist that interviewd him. Because it's a different person. In return we could hold Moz responsible for everything Heino has ever done. Trumpean trash.
He's not. The clue is in the fact that they have different names.
Who exactly is we?

What people are missing with the Italian policeman incident is that it was a complete load of lies and bollocks. :tiphat:

What people are missing with Der Spiegel is he did 4kin say it, we've heard the words coming from his mouth. :tiphat:

What people are missing with the peacock feather embellished brown cardigan is that Steve is a so called vegan and he wore it even though it was made with wool and cashmere. :tiphat:

I could go on but I'm off out for some merrymaking :thumbsup:
Happy to help at this festive time :christmastree:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

We didn't miss anything except the unedited version of Der Spiegels interview.
I guess this post about the unethical journalist may be relevant in the context of journalistic dishonesty by people working for them.
Glad to have helped clear that up for you.
Cheers :tiphat:

Erm... no it isn't. It's called having an objective opinion. Following somebody around the board and continually needling, baiting and downvoting them because their views don't align with yours, though: that's trolling.

Coming onto this site and CONTINUALLY having an ‘objective opinion’ is TROLLING.
There is nothing positive about it. How does it benefit you? How does it benefit anyone ?
And you upvoting other troll posts views that you agree with, views that support your anti-Morrissey agenda IS TROLLING, the same goes for the trolls that upvote your troll posts.
Really is a sad way to spend your time Pep.

CONTINUALLY coming onto a site of an artist
who’s views, recent music or band members you don’t like IS TROLLING.

It MAKES NO SENSE.

IT IS HATEFUL AND .... ISANE.

Shut up Morrissey. You are a proven liar who was caught out bullshitting for all to hear. You have no right to judge other liars.

What I laughed about most with this escapade was that Morrissey called the journalist a liar and then it turned out that the interview had been scripted pretty much word for word and despite Morrissey's anger about being misquoted he went on to say it all again lots of times. Comedy gold really.

What I laughed about most with this escapade was that Morrissey called the journalist a liar and then it turned out that the interview had been scripted pretty much word for word and despite Morrissey's anger about being misquoted he went on to say it all again lots of times. Comedy gold really.

O NO THE AYATOLLAH IS BACK:eek:

Why are you in his mirror? Is it some trick, magic show mirror or something?

WTF are you carrying on about FFS? Nobody is INSIDE THE MIRROR!:rolleyes:
we are telling Skinny and his sock puppets (Surface, Chezz, you:lbf:) to look at yourselves in
the mirror if you are looking for racist twats.:lbf:

Now, please improve your posts or goodbye.:straightface:

Well, Der Spiegel found out that this guy committed many frauds and then fired him. This shows that the magazine has a moral backbone. Unless something else is proven, this has absolutely nothing to do with Juliane Liebert and Morrissey. He really has become Donald Trump, our Moz. He'll carry this grudge, along with thousands of others, to his grave and will use any possible tangent to prove that he is right, even when he has been shown to be in the wrong. Like Der Spiegel did by putting the interview tape into the public arena.

WTF are you carrying on about FFS? Nobody is INSIDE THE MIRROR!:rolleyes:
we are telling Skinny and his sock puppets (Surface, Chezz, you:lbf:) to look at yourselves in
the mirror if you are looking for racist twats.:lbf:

Now, please improve your posts or goodbye.:straightface:

Really?? I find it so incredibly rich that you are telling somebody to improve their posts! Honestly though, are you autistic? I don’t mean that as an insult, there is nothing shameful about autism. It’s just that I have some insight and helpful advice should you want to reach out?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom