Omega Auctions: Geoff Travis items now listed - many amazing rarities up for grabs

Well, the grapevine was right.
Omega have some wonderful stuff from the Travis archive. (search Geoff Travis, 60 items)

Here's some goodies (more posted in the Geoff Travis Rough Trade archive media album):

74015_8.jpg

THE SMITHS 1986 TOUR POSTER CELLULOID. An original celluloid used in the creation of the poster for The Smiths dates at Glasgow, Newcastle and Salford in July 1986. Measures 16 x 21.5". Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

74013_8.jpg

THE SMITHS BARCELONA POSTER. An original poster for The Smiths at Studio 54, Barcelona. Measures 16 x 24". NM condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

74010_8.jpg

THE SMITHS HAND DRAWN WHAT DIFFERENCE POSTER. An original proof / mock up hand drawn poster design, likely created by the Rough Trade art dept to mock up the 'What Difference Does It Make' poster. Design is on the reverse of an original 'This Charming Man' poster (23 x 12") with a message in pen 'Return to Richard Boon' -the promotions manager at Rough Trade. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

74017_8.jpg

THE SMITHS SHEILA TAKE A BOW PROOF ARTWORK. An original printed proof design, featuring a composite image / mock up of the 7" artwork for 'Sheila Take A Bow' - with four proposed colour schemes. Measures 25 x 15". VF / NM condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

74021_8.jpg

THE SMITHS STRANGEWAYS HERE WE COME PROOF ARTWORK. Two printed pages, featuring blown up / enlarged proof designs for The Smiths - Strangeways Here We Come LP sleeve. Each page measures approx 20 x 30". Printed onto thin stock, likely created for annotations/feedback. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

This (want!):
74032_8.jpg
74031_8.jpg
74034_8.jpg

THE SMITHS HATFUL OF HOLLOW SLEEVE DESIGN HAND DRAWN BY MORRISSEY. An incredible piece of Smiths memorabilia here. Two pages of paper, each bearing artwork by Morrissey for the sleeve designs for 'Hatful of Hollow'. Each page is approx 12 x 12". A sellotaped note to the reverse design is also by Morrissey. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

I could go on....
This is a collector's dream come true.
Proofs, (fully signed) autographs, shirts, oddities, posters of every kind (poster collectors have your wallets ready).
Simply incredible.
Please go check it out.
There are lots of music-related items currently on Omega - worth a search or two.

The above goodies appear to be accepting bids until June 30.

I don't think I can stress enough what an amazing opportunity this is - some brilliant, unique stuff on offer here.
Currently drooling,
FWD.

(Thank you @davidt for collating the media gallery).

Last edited by a moderator:
This stuff will fly. The Non deeply committed need not apply

This is interesting. There is a Morrissey signed copy of The Queen Is Dead sleeve available.
This looks very similar to the one I have, down to the smudges and ink!
I've got one of those. Went to the Virgin Megastore Oxford Street on day of release. Don't know if he'd presigned or if he actually did an in store signing (didn't see him) but there they were, in racks along the left hand side, at least a hundred from memory.

Some nice stuff there.... The auction house seem to make a pretty packet out of it too. Any idea when bidding ends, is it 1st July?

Buyers Premium:

Bidding Direct with Omega Auctions (web / telephone / in person): 23.34% + VAT (28% inclusive)

For example, if you bid up to £100, you will pay £128.00 in total

Bidding via 3rd party website (the-saleroom.com or Invaluable): 28.34%+VAT (34% inclusive)

For example, if you bid up to £100, you will pay £134.00 in total

Some nice stuff there.... The auction house seem to make a pretty packet out of it too. Any idea when bidding ends, is it 1st July?

Buyers Premium:

Bidding Direct with Omega Auctions (web / telephone / in person): 23.34% + VAT (28% inclusive)

For example, if you bid up to £100, you will pay £128.00 in total

Bidding via 3rd party website (the-saleroom.com or Invaluable): 28.34%+VAT (34% inclusive)

For example, if you bid up to £100, you will pay £134.00 in total
The buyer's premium is about right to be honest (when I used to collect like a mad man it was 10%!). Christie's is about 25% and more if you bid in certain ways (it drops to 13% if you spend millions).
The auction is on June 30 with pre-bidding allowed. It starts 10am on the day and runs like a normal auction, but is online only due to current circumstances.
The catalogue will be available soon for £3 which is worth getting simply to vet things that come on the market years later.
Regards,
FWD.

queen is dead gold disc could do with a right good clean,some good stuff on there.

What an amazing evening so far, just caught the second half of Saturday night and Sunday morning, on next is a taste of honey.. I can remember watching these films as a boy and loving them..... of course they are littered with moz lines ....

The buyer's premium is about right to be honest (when I used to collect like a mad man it was 10%!). Christie's is about 25% and more if you bid in certain ways (it drops to 13% if you spend millions).
The auction is on June 30 with pre-bidding allowed. It starts 10am on the day and runs like a normal auction, but is online only due to current circumstances.
The catalogue will be available soon for £3 which is worth getting simply to vet things that come on the market years later.
Regards,
FWD.
Got eyes on anything?

Got eyes on anything?
The rarer posters, the metal stuff, celluloid & Moz-drawn cover have my attention, but the provenance here is so good - anything would be worth taking a punt on.
Regards,
FWD.

Some impressive prices already

Geoff must be skint?

Well, the grapevine was right.
Omega have some wonderful stuff from the Travis archive. (search Geoff Travis, 60 items)

Here's some goodies (more posted in the Geoff Travis Rough Trade archive media album):

View attachment 57078
THE SMITHS 1986 TOUR POSTER CELLULOID. An original celluloid used in the creation of the poster for The Smiths dates at Glasgow, Newcastle and Salford in July 1986. Measures 16 x 21.5". Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

View attachment 57079
THE SMITHS BARCELONA POSTER. An original poster for The Smiths at Studio 54, Barcelona. Measures 16 x 24". NM condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

View attachment 57080
THE SMITHS HAND DRAWN WHAT DIFFERENCE POSTER. An original proof / mock up hand drawn poster design, likely created by the Rough Trade art dept to mock up the 'What Difference Does It Make' poster. Design is on the reverse of an original 'This Charming Man' poster (23 x 12") with a message in pen 'Return to Richard Boon' -the promotions manager at Rough Trade. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

View attachment 57081
THE SMITHS SHEILA TAKE A BOW PROOF ARTWORK. An original printed proof design, featuring a composite image / mock up of the 7" artwork for 'Sheila Take A Bow' - with four proposed colour schemes. Measures 25 x 15". VF / NM condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

View attachment 57082
THE SMITHS STRANGEWAYS HERE WE COME PROOF ARTWORK. Two printed pages, featuring blown up / enlarged proof designs for The Smiths - Strangeways Here We Come LP sleeve. Each page measures approx 20 x 30". Printed onto thin stock, likely created for annotations/feedback. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

This (want!):
View attachment 57083View attachment 57085View attachment 57086

THE SMITHS HATFUL OF HOLLOW SLEEVE DESIGN HAND DRAWN BY MORRISSEY. An incredible piece of Smiths memorabilia here. Two pages of paper, each bearing artwork by Morrissey for the sleeve designs for 'Hatful of Hollow'. Each page is approx 12 x 12". A sellotaped note to the reverse design is also by Morrissey. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

I could go on....
This is a collector's dream come true.
Proofs, (fully signed) autographs, shirts, oddities, posters of every kind (poster collectors have your wallets ready).
Simply incredible.
Please go check it out.
There are lots of music-related items currently on Omega - worth a search or two.

The above goodies appear to be accepting bids until June 30.

I don't think I can stress enough what an amazing opportunity this is - some brilliant, unique stuff on offer here.
Currently drooling,
FWD.

(Thank you @davidt for collating the media gallery).

Never realised Peter Shelley supported The Smiths at their last ever gig. Going to try and get that poster.

FBC04C8F-7470-41C7-AD63-E07CBFE68044.jpeg

Oooh my mum has some stuff like this she's keeping for her retirement, interested to see what kinda of prices these fetch

Do Omega verify that all the stuff is from Geoff?

Never realised Peter Shelley supported The Smiths at their last ever gig. Going to try and get that poster.

View attachment 57142

I’ve got that framed on my wall. It was planned for a few weeks before, but Johnny had a car accident and it was postponed. Gig posters, almost identical to this Pete Shelley one, for the original date, still exist, but the they have support by “The Fall”, instead of Shelley, printed on them.
851DC4F6-79E7-4F1F-8FEB-C577E2CE5F1A.jpeg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom