Omega Auctions: Music Memorabilia Auction Results (June 28, 2021)

519THE SMITHS POSTER MORRISSEY SIGNED£350 - £450£400
520THE SMITHS ON TOUR WITH JAMES - POOLE POSTER.£150 - £200£340
521MORRISSEY - YOUR ARSENAL (SHOP DISPLAY).£60 - £100£50
522MIKE JOYCE SIGNED SMITHS PROOF SLEEVE.£100 - £150£90
523THE SMITHS 1984 GLASTONBURY.£250 - £350£180
524MORRISSEY - EARLY EXAMPLE OF NEW YORK DOLLS FANZINE.£60 - £100£70
525MORRISSEY / REM / ICE-T - 1991 CREEM MAGAZINE POSTER PRINT.£60 - £100£50
526SMITHS FUTURAMA FESTIVAL 1983 - FLYER AND TICKET.£80 - £120£70
527THE SMITHS - READING UNIVERSITY 1984 FLYER.£80 - £120£320
528THE SMITHS - FAN MADE CATALOGUES AND HISTORIES / CD SET AND REEL TO REEL.£60 - £100£110
529THE SMITHS RARE MANCHESTER CONCERT POSTER - NOVEMBER 1982.£300 - £500£840
(Lot / Item / Estimate / Hammer price)

32040_0.jpga1.jpg32023_0.jpg32016_0.jpg

The Portland poster did very well indeed.
Some great music memorabilia sold alongside these few items today.
The full results will be available in a couple of days.
Nothing Smiths or Morrissey-related for part 2 of the auction due on the 30th.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

519THE SMITHS POSTER MORRISSEY SIGNED£350 - £450£400
520THE SMITHS ON TOUR WITH JAMES - POOLE POSTER.£150 - £200£340
521MORRISSEY - YOUR ARSENAL (SHOP DISPLAY).£60 - £100£50
522MIKE JOYCE SIGNED SMITHS PROOF SLEEVE.£100 - £150£90
523THE SMITHS 1984 GLASTONBURY.£250 - £350£180
524MORRISSEY - EARLY EXAMPLE OF NEW YORK DOLLS FANZINE.£60 - £100£70
525MORRISSEY / REM / ICE-T - 1991 CREEM MAGAZINE POSTER PRINT.£60 - £100£50
526SMITHS FUTURAMA FESTIVAL 1983 - FLYER AND TICKET.£80 - £120£70
527THE SMITHS - READING UNIVERSITY 1984 FLYER.£80 - £120£320
528THE SMITHS - FAN MADE CATALOGUES AND HISTORIES / CD SET AND REEL TO REEL.£60 - £100£110
529THE SMITHS RARE MANCHESTER CONCERT POSTER - NOVEMBER 1982.£300 - £500£840
(Lot / Item / Estimate / Hammer price)

View attachment 73738View attachment 73735View attachment 73739View attachment 73740

The Portland poster did very well indeed.
Some great music memorabilia sold alongside these few items today.
The full results will be available in a couple of days.
Nothing Smiths or Morrissey-related for part 2 of the auction due on the 30th.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Good Day.

í nabbed the "Arsenal" 24" x 24" display, the Stretford Steven NYD fanzine and the huge NM "Creem" 1991 Douglas Brothers' portrait poster...

Morrissey Creem huge poster 1991.jpg

...also ended up acquiring "T.O.T.A '75: The Rolling Stones Tour of the Americas, 1975 ", the Genesis Publications Superbook by Christopher Simon Sykes, because...er...my finger slipped?

£840 on a poster of a Smiths gig that never even happened?
And £340 for a poster for a gig in Poole that did take place!
Some folk have more money than sense...

Good Day.

í nabbed the "Arsenal" 24" x 24" display, the Stretford Steven NYD fanzine and the huge NM "Creem" 1991 Douglas Brothers' portrait poster...

View attachment 73743

...also ended up acquiring "T.O.T.A '75: The Rolling Stones Tour of the Americas, 1975 ", the Genesis Publications Superbook by Christopher Simon Sykes, because...er...my finger slipped?

Congrats. But no love/hard cash to spare for the Joyce-signed Strangeways proof? 😉

Vote Galloway

Congrats. But no love/hard cash to spare for the Joyce-signed Strangeways proof? 😉

Afraid not. My finger was twitching though, cos it was clear no other bugger was buying...

If it just had a little more...colour... like..."Mike Joyce...My Special Steven's most favourite Little Drummer Boy" Etc..?

So, Morrissey's, everyone's least favourite Big Fatty Fascist, scrawls on a Smiths poster and it goes for 400?

Joyce, such a Good Bloke, and God, his drums really do bring everything together perfectly, Etc, slides his Biro over the final ever proof sleeve, and it barely breaks 100?

It seemed to be quite a slow day all round. Perhaps everyone was too busy getting the shandies in for Alf Ramsey's Revenge...?

í probably bought too much.
Perhaps trying to replace the treasures recently tossed..? :head-smack:

Good Day.

View attachment 73743

Not into anyone’s rear cleavage I hope.

Afraid not. My finger was twitching though, cos it was clear no other bugger was buying...

If it just had a little more...colour... like..."Mike Joyce...My Special Steven's most favourite Little Drummer Boy" Etc..?

Well, you could always just fake it. Others are doing it too.

So, Morrissey's, everyone's least favourite Big Fatty Fascist, scrawls on a Smiths poster and it goes for 400?

I hear some people even pay for his signature on records that aren't even his own... 😉

í probably bought too much.
Perhaps trying to replace the treasures recently tossed..? :head-smack:

I'm somewhat curious about this incident, but I'm too afraid to ask (and also, it's completely understandable that you don't want to talk about it).

If you ever felt like scanning and sharing the NYD booklet, it would be much appreciated.

Well, you could always just fake it. Others are doing it too.

I hear some people even pay for his signature on records that aren't even his own... 😉

I'm somewhat curious about this incident, but I'm too afraid to ask (and also, it's completely understandable that you don't want to talk about it).

If you ever felt like scanning and sharing the NYD booklet, it would be much appreciated.

Long, sorry story short ~ í had 2 whole weeks to clear my Old House of all my Holy Crap, with a clearance company booked on an immovable date to clean, strip & dump anything that remained, plus the Surveyor & Estate Agent booked, on set dates,to come in and prep & shoot for sale, Etc.

No problem, says í... doh:
But í just got to enjoy the deep dive way too much ~ 'ooh lovely, forgot í had that...remember when í got this...that's a big one', Etc Etc, and ended up running out of time, despite staying up 48 hours straight at The End, to try and get everything packed.
Thus í had to watch as whole wings of The Frady Archive {'88-'95 press, VHS, apparel, ephemera, Etc} being dumped into a Joe Junk truck by a gang of laughing lads, to be transported to the local landfill, apparently unaware of the priceless treasures slipping between their fingers...

So it's all entirely my own fault. Too little prep, too much fun, not enough discipline; story of my life.

Oh Well, I'll Never Learn :o

Good Day.

View attachment 73743

What’s the ....

MORRISSEY - EARLY EXAMPLE OF NEW YORK DOLLS FANZINE.

about, is it something he put together as a teen ?

Long, sorry story short ~ í had 2 whole weeks to clear my Old House of all my Holy Crap, with a clearance company booked on an immovable date to clean, strip & dump anything that remained, plus the Surveyor & Estate Agent booked, on set dates,to come in and prep & shoot for sale, Etc.

No problem, says í... doh:
But í just got to enjoy the deep dive way too much ~ 'ooh lovely, forgot í had that...remember when í got this...that's a big one', Etc Etc, and ended up running out of time, despite staying up 48 hours straight at The End, to try and get everything packed.
Thus í had to watch as whole wings of The Frady Archive {'88-'95 press, VHS, apparel, ephemera, Etc} being dumped into a Joe Junk truck by a gang of laughing lads, to be transported to the local landfill, apparently unaware of the priceless treasures slipping between their fingers...

So it's all entirely my own fault. Too little prep, too much fun, not enough discipline; story of my life.

Oh Well, I'll Never Learn :o

Holy shit. Very sorry to hear.
I know it's probably no consolation at all, but this is something I could see happen to myself as well.
Don't be too hard on yourself (easier said than done, I know).

There-there.-Fight-Club.gif

What’s the ....

MORRISSEY - EARLY EXAMPLE OF NEW YORK DOLLS FANZINE.

about, is it something he put together as a teen ?

í am assuming that it's something like the item mentioned below by @GorgieBoy , if not the actual item itself..? ~

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/dolls-fanzine-info.148121/

"Hi there, I wonder if anyone here can help me? I worked at a music paper in the late 1970s and because I wrote nice things about David Johansen's solo albums I was sent this by Morrissey. Unfortunately and sadly, I never kept the letter that came with it. It's 22 pages of clippings and collages - have attached photos of some of the pages here - and I think this dates from 1979 which I believe was two years before first proper publication of his New York Dolls fanzine. Has anyone here seen any other copies of this? Or did he send it to me as a kind of demo for the final publication? Any help and info greatly appreciated."

Holy shit. Very sorry to hear.
I know it's probably no consolation at all, but this is something I could see happen to myself as well.
Don't be too hard on yourself (easier said than done, I know).

View attachment 73757

Much Thanks.

Holy Shit indeed?

And, yes, the things you own end up owning you...

{But what if you like being owned by things, as noöne else will have you...? :unsure:}

í am assuming that it's something like the item mentioned below by @GorgieBoy , if not the actual item itself..? ~

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/dolls-fanzine-info.148121/

"Hi there, I wonder if anyone here can help me? I worked at a music paper in the late 1970s and because I wrote nice things about David Johansen's solo albums I was sent this by Morrissey. Unfortunately and sadly, I never kept the letter that came with it. It's 22 pages of clippings and collages - have attached photos of some of the pages here - and I think this dates from 1979 which I believe was two years before first proper publication of his New York Dolls fanzine. Has anyone here seen any other copies of this? Or did he send it to me as a kind of demo for the final publication? Any help and info greatly appreciated."

cool :thumb:

I never thought of his NY Dolls ‘book’ as a fanzine, but yes, I guess it could be called that. I think he himself referred to it or his ‘Dead is Dean’ book as a ‘thick pamphlet’ rather than a book.

Just one more, Joe...

Did you say in your other post that those rare videos that you won from the other auction are now in the dump??!

I hope I read that wrong :pray::pray::pray:

cool :thumb:

I never thought of his NY Dolls ‘book’ as a fanzine, but yes, I guess it could.

Just one more, Joe...

Did you say in your other post that those rare videos that you won from the other auction are now in the dump??!

I hope I read that wrong :pray::pray::pray:

O God No! That Omega Treasure was won and delivered to another location, and has never left my side ever since. It is with me now. {And, no, í still haven't unpacked it. í am a Very Slow Joe. But í have 2 weeks off soon, and í will do it then...spending warm Summer daze indoors, Etc?}

Honestly, if that video Lot had been trashed, í would have asked those big lads to throw me in the landfill after it, cos í would have been dead & done.

All this recent Omega booty has been a holy salve on the open sore of my 'loss'...

Much Thanks.

Holy Shit indeed?

And, yes, the things you own end up owning you...

{But what if you like being owned by things, as noöne else will have you...? :unsure:}

I didn't want to spell it out like that, but it's true nonetheless. I'm also not going to tell you that things can be replaced, because that's often not true.

You could always develop a criminally hot split personality. 😉

Tell The Lads to give you a furry hug from me.

I didn't want to spell it out like that, but it's true nonetheless. I'm also not going to tell you that things can be replaced, because that's often not true.

You could always develop a criminally hot split personality 😉

Tell The Lads to give you a furry hug from me.

Whaddaya mean "could"...? :squiffy:

í take it you mean The Feline Lads, as opposed to my Clearance Lads? Not sure, but doubt if the junk guys would oblige. Although y'never know these days...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom