Morrissey Central "On The Leeds Side Streets That You Slip Down" (January 24, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
I guess it must be real??? They've put the picture on Central. In the middle of the night?

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/on-the-leeds-side-streets

(I'm currently sending out work-related emails & people are answering - no one sleeps).

52675_0_vof9n7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
On a Moz related tangent, Scotland is currently having a row over teaching in Gaelic in Western Isles Primary Schools.

The SNP & 'the left' are arguing that it preserves an historical language & culture.

The Tories are arguing that it disadvantages kids not to have English as their first language. Also they know it's a Nationalist power move.

The majority of people who live in The Western Isles these days are English speakers because of migration within the UK, most immigrants from outside the UK speak English as a second language & wouldn't benefit from knowing yet another largely unspoken language & it would mean that non-Gaelic speaking primary school teachers couldn't get a job in the Western Isles.

Interesting to know if there's any bit of England not on the Celtic fringe that could get a cultural preservation order.
Everywhere outside of the M25 has a compelling case.

It’s remarkably civil here, away from the headline thread.

"The concert now advertised on platform 14 has been cancelled..."

Everywhere outside of the M25 has a compelling case.

It’s remarkably civil here, away from the headline thread.

Everyone always thinks these political arguments are set in stone. But nothing in life is, except birth, death & taxes.

Everyone always thinks these political arguments are set in stone. But nothing in life is, except birth, death & taxes.

Big Lenny Unite has just announced the backing of Becky Corbyn Bailey.
So there you have it Labour have blown it yet again. No chance of Number 10.

So guaranteed dbl tory term then.
That was easy. Pfft.

No. 10 would have been ambitious.

You're skipping about all over the place today, unless I don't usually notice.

Interesting point, however from the outside, and as a tory voter, their manifesto appeared to be a case of trying to be all things to all men, and came across as a desperate attempt by Corbyn to do just about anything, including free broadband, & almost free fish and chips and pizza on a Friday for everyone, in order to get the keys to No.10. :rolleyes:
Pillock politics really, as echoed by the trouncing they rightly received.
When the election was in full swing I heard one political reporter say about the labour manifesto that they are offering a bowl of fruit to everyone.... summed it up quite well really

When the election was in full swing I heard one political reporter say about the labour manifesto that they are offering a bowl of fruit to everyone.... summed it up quite well really

Yeah, it was like that. The deeper problem being identity politics actually divides all of those identity groups as they feel in competition with each other & can't unite behind one party.

Also, everyone thought we'd nationalise everything, splurge public spending, stagnate the economy, befriend international pariahs, silence the press, harass our enemies & in short, turn us into Venezuela.

An impression not helped by the sheer swivel-eyed lunacy of Corbyn claiming he won the argument & refusing to resign.

What is this New Labour Solo?

Oh, NOW, you're a Corbynista.

I need therapy as much as you do after December.

Besides, blame your imaginary ex for bringing up politics so much in the first place.

Yeah, it was like that. The deeper problem being identity politics actually divides all of those identity groups as they feel in competition with each other & can't unite behind one party.

Also, everyone thought we'd nationalise everything, splurge public spending, stagnate the economy, befriend international pariahs, silence the press, harass our enemies & in short, turn us into Venezuela.

An impression not helped by the sheer swivel-eyed lunacy of Corbyn claiming he won the argument & refusing to resign.
Yes.. nail... head... points taken ... the times I heard friends, colleagues all say that they hated JC was breathtaking, I’ve never heard so many people say they hated someone as much as him... labour could have elected Neil Hamilton’s wife and she would have got more votes ( can’t remember the old tarts name)

As a union member, I get a vote in the leadership election. My heart says Long-Bailey but my head says Starmer. Am I wrongly overlooking anyone?
I’m the same too I get a vote as well , I liked Jess alas she has now withdrawn, your right I think with starmer he looks like the real deal , we need a likeable leader right now, a friendly face....

Do you think it's too optimistic to expect some exclusive merch with this picture for the London gig for example? Maybe a poster or a shirt with the date on it?
you would hope so,best pic in a long time.captures a Morrissey concert perfectly.

Very, very Elvis as well. Elvis would be proud!

iv always said this is the best live performance by anybody ever,not performed in years because of his army service and to come back with this,superb,better with the video with the white suit.

"The concert now advertised on platform 14 has been cancelled..."
phone an ambulance iv broken a rib with laughing so much,is that an attempt at a joke,madonna cancelled a show last week with a few hours notice so M is not the only one.

Traveller, if you must.

One of the funniest things about Alan Bennett's diaries is that nearly every mention of Morrissey is a variation of 'he looks like an Irish navvy'.
He does look very Irish
More like a cross between Micheal Collins, Liam Neeson and Jimmy McLarnin. Or most of my cousins, not one navvy or traveller among them.
I agree with Gordy, I would definately buy that poster he looks great.

Not that additional proof is needed but ticket sales (or lack thereof) prove
Morrissey is in decline.

Tickets are still on sale an hour and a half after going live. Like his last, aborted UK 'tour', it seems 'fans' are less interested. Remember when it would take just a few minutes!?

Let's see how this plays out ....

If you have a ticket, or intend buying one,
you'll no doubt enjoy his new right-wing fan base as they roar to the opening of Racist c***, English Heart.
Tit

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom