Morrissey Central "On The Leeds Side Streets That You Slip Down" (January 24, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
I guess it must be real??? They've put the picture on Central. In the middle of the night?

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/on-the-leeds-side-streets

(I'm currently sending out work-related emails & people are answering - no one sleeps).

52675_0_vof9n7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely off topic here but I have to ask. You're not Jonathan the Glasgow fan of New Order who was behind one of their album covers?

I shouldn't think you are and I always wondered what happened to him. He worked at the BBC Scotland news desk the last I heard of him on this forum.

Rangers fan. He went to NYC to meet a girl that used to want to see me for some reason but that never happened. According to Jon's story it was all for the best as she was, how should I put this, a bit challenged so her and me would have turned out to be a great couple.

What was her name again? I had a nice time with her one night.

What was her name again? I had a nice time with her one night.
LOL

If this is you Jon then you told me something about her that confirmed a suspicion of mine. I think the lady in question should remain anonymous and she will cause I actually forgot her name.

LOL

If this is you Jon then you told me something about her that confirmed a suspicion of mine. I think the lady in question should remain anonymous and she will cause I actually forgot her name.
Yeah right, like I would ever forget any slightest detail and her name begins with R but not saying more.

Vermont and VH1 ring a bell?

LOL

I always had my suspicion that you only pulled my leg Jon. Going to second base for things like that is not on.

Will there be a national front aftershow disco?

With Nerak draped in a Union Jack, as she sits in a dark corner of the venue hating her alleged Scottishness, all the while trolling forums for a sense of self.

Still no signs of the much mooted sell-out, apart that is from Morrissey himself, who has become the epitome of sell-out.

Still no signs of the much mooted sell-out, apart that is from Morrissey himself, who has become the epitome of sell-out.
Penny Rimbaud aside, I can’t think of an artist who has stood their ground with more resolve than Morrissey.

I suspect you sell your soul, daily.

Penny Rimbaud aside, I can’t think of an artist who has stood their ground with more resolve than Morrissey.

I suspect you sell your soul, daily.

You presume there are such things as souls and that humans have them.

Your argument that Morrissey is a right-wing apologist who has stood his ground with resolve isn't as flattering as perhaps you had hoped?

Tickets still for sale. I wonder if he'll cancel like last time?

Your argument that Morrissey is a right-wing apologist who has stood his ground with resolve isn't as flattering as perhaps you had hoped?

Great. Happy wondering.

Go pester Andrew Doyle on Twitter - his right-wing apologist tour is starting soon.

With Nerak draped in a Union Jack, as she sits in a dark corner of the venue hating her alleged Scottishness, all the while trolling forums for a sense of self.

And what are you doing on this forum?

I will be wearing a hammer & sickle badge that I bought from the Communist party stall on Buchanan street because I felt sorry for them.

Go pester Andrew Doyle on Twitter - his right-wing apologist tour is starting soon.
I notice, Nerak, that a second rail outfit has now been nationalised.

I will be wearing a hammer & sickle badge that I bought from the Communist party stall on Buchanan street because I felt sorry for them.
It is remarkable that many who align with ‘the left’ have a deep and insisting loathing for the working class. Especially if they are successful.

One can see, on this site, the heirs of those who so readily reached for ‘correction facilities’— for those who they claimed to represent.

Tom Jones has just announced some new live dates; it would be great to see him supporting Morrissey in Leeds and London.

PLEASE READ NEW BULLETIN::handpointdown:

ENTIRE TOUR INCLUDING ALL SHOWS IS JUST ABOUT SOLD OUT!!!:clapping::clapping::birthdaycake::trophy:

HANDFULL OF TICKETS LEFT FOR A COUPLE OF DATES, HELD BACK BY MOZ ON PURPOSE TO HELP THE POOR.
:blush:

ANOTHER SOLD OUT MOZ TOUR COMING YOUR WAY HATER CUCKS:lbf::lbf:

I notice, Nerak, that a second rail outfit has now been nationalised.

It is remarkable that many who align with ‘the left’ have a deep and insisting loathing for the working class. Especially if they are successful.

One can see, on this site, the heirs of those who so readily reached for ‘correction facilities’— for those who they claimed to represent.

Tom Jones has just announced some new live dates; it would be great to see him supporting Morrissey in Leeds and London.

Yeah. The left was in serious trouble the second it became a badge of Moral Goodness for the middle-class. They don't need the policies to work. All they need is the kudos that comes from supporting them. So the more unachievable & therefore unsupported the policies are, the more moral (special, high status, not some nasty oppressor) they can feel.

We may as well change the party name to Emma Thompson.

Yeah. The left was in serious trouble the second it became a badge of Moral Goodness for the middle-class. They don't need the policies to work. All they need is the kudos that comes from supporting them. So the more unachievable & therefore unsupported the policies are, the more moral (special, high status, not some nasty oppressor) they can feel.

We may as well change the party name to Emma Thompson.
Garry Bushell, who was (in the 70s) on the hard left, has much to say about the middle-class appropriation of working class movements. And it’s all fascinating.

I met Bushell at Morrissey’s Meltdown in 2004; he was waiting for The Cockney Rejects to start.

Garry Bushell, who was (in the 70s) on the hard left, has much to say about the middle-class appropriation of working class movements. And it’s all fascinating.

I met Bushell at Morrissey’s Meltdown in 2004; he was waiting for The Cockney Rejects to start.

My Dad feels the same as Gary. He said they'd descend on strikes like locusts & sod off when the news reporters left.

I wonder if Morrissey loves Oi bands because it's a part of working-class culture that almost no middle-class people can stand?

My Dad feels the same as Gary. He said they'd descend on strikes like locusts & sod off when the news reporters left.

I wonder if Morrissey loves Oi bands because it's a part of working-class culture that almost no middle-class people can stand?
Undoubtedly. And, at their best (e.g. East End by The Rejects, and England Belongs to Me by Sparrer) they create brilliant sing-a-longs.

Did you mean Buchanan Street? It's all in the detail.

Take a bow Reelfountain.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom