"One Of Ours" Jennifer who met Morrissey backstage on Friday has passed away

Dear Morrissey-Solo-

Thank you all for your well wishes to Jennifer and her family. An amazing update to this story. Jennifer fought hard to stay well enough to attend a recent Morrissey show in LA. Morrissey asked her to come back stage, where she met her hero. He was very kind and loving to her, just as you would hope our man would be. The day after the show, Jennifer's health deteriorated and she was taking to the hospital where she is now in the intensive care unit. We are all so grateful that she could have this moment with Morrissey. A special thank you to her husband Eamon who persevered and, somehow, got a message to Morrissey about Jennifer.

Below is a message from Eamon and a photo of the visit.

My beautiful wife... her dream came true on Friday when she met her hero and idol, Moz...
she always said she would never meet Morrissey in her life time yet here she is... she didn't let anything stop her.
Thank you Morrissey for being an absolute gentleman... Kind and respectful and super suave.

Viva Moz and Viva Jen

Andy-Mats

UPDATE Nov. 8, 4:00 PM PT

From Andy-Mats:

I'm so sad to say that Jennifer passed away today. She held on to meet Morrissey. I am very sad but I am grateful that she got to meet him. She held on to meet Morrissey. I am very sad but I am grateful that she got to meet him.

39339_morrissey_and_jennifer_santa_barbara.jpg

Hello my friends,

I have a very good friend of mine who is a massive morrissey fan that is very sick. She actually turned me onto morrissey and the smiths in 1992. She unfortunately has stage four cancer and is fighting for her life in LA. I know she would appreciate hearing from fellow fans. Feel free to drop an encouraging note here for her to see or feel free to visit her Facebook page and leave a comment.

Here's her page:
https://www.facebook.com/cuddleworthy?fref=ts

To read more about her story, feel free to visit a page some of her good friends put together:
https://www.gofundme.com/2hh372c

Thank you to all the gentle and kind souls reading this....

Your old friend-

Andy-Mats

UPDATE Nov. 11:

Morrissey dedicated "One Of Our Own" to Jennifer at the Irvine concert on Nov. 9. Link posted by an anonymous person in the post-show thread:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
For someone who is ill and may have been in pain, she looks beautiful.
Rest in peace, you are free

Look, this is a tragedy, and I feel deeply for her loved ones, but do you really think this is the same God who lets people in Syria get bombed on a daily basis? It's a terrible thing when people around you die. I know. Shit happens. And it has nothing to do with any mystical being. Shit. Just. Happens.

As with Brexit - shit happens. Trump becoming the President elect - shit happens. UKIP receiving 4 million votes in the 2015 election - shit happens. Can't stand to allow someone to have a difference of opinion, can you, even when they're just trying to offer words of comfort during a difficult time.
Remember the line of argument you just took whenever you next decide to post your insipid vitriol to this website or any other, you miserable bastard. (Calling you a miserable bastard - shit happens.)

My condolences to Jennifer's family and friends.

I love this picture of them. It feels like a true human moment of connection. I am very sorry to hear about her passing. She was so young and obviously had great taste in music. I hope Moz can take some joy in how much he's affected the lives of others.

As with Brexit - shit happens. Trump becoming the President elect - shit happens. UKIP receiving 4 million votes in the 2015 election - shit happens. Can't stand to allow someone to have a difference of opinion, can you, even when they're just trying to offer words of comfort during a difficult time.
Remember the line of argument you just took whenever you next decide to post your insipid vitriol to this website or any other, you miserable bastard. (Calling you a miserable bastard - shit happens.)

My condolences to Jennifer's family and friends.

Never miss an opportunity, do you, you knee-jerk wanker? f*** you.

Last night at the UC Irvine show, Moz dedicated "One of Our Own" to Jennifer. RIP.

Morrissey dedicated One Of Our Own to Jennifer at last night's show in Irvine. If anyone has a video clip, please let me know as I'd love to share it with her family and friends.

Thanks.

This is just such sad news. Jennifer looks so beautiful and happy in this photo; it's a tragic reminder that people come and go so quickly. My thoughts are with her family and friends.

lynnda

Look, this is a tragedy, and I feel deeply for her loved ones, but do you really think this is the same God who lets people in Syria get bombed on a daily basis? It's a terrible thing when people around you die. I know. Shit happens. And it has nothing to do with any mystical being. Shit. Just. Happens.
oh, the "skinny one". always enjoy ur posts.
Fear not, Tio Flaco. Things STILL happen...its not for even those of your vast (albeit blind) wisdom to comprehend. and yea..shit does in fact happen all the time, especially for those who tend to look at shit.
I know what little I know from seeing and feeling it for myself.
I used to hate my life and the world around me too...find urself a mystical being and maybe things'll brighten up for ya goober. This Mystical Being is timeless. When you're ready...and the day will come...It'll be there; was there all along, and saved ur skinny ass many times without u even knowing it. Smile Skinnyone, allow some light into ur heart.

She is a beautiful young girl taken way too early, but before she died appeared to be smiling.
Sincerely,
Tony ( a real name!!)

Morrissey dedicated One Of Our Own to Jennifer at last night's show in Irvine. If anyone has a video clip, please let me know as I'd love to share it with her family and friends.

Thanks.

Hi Noel, you can find a video on There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (Facebook)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom