"One Of Ours" Jennifer who met Morrissey backstage on Friday has passed away

Dear Morrissey-Solo-

Thank you all for your well wishes to Jennifer and her family. An amazing update to this story. Jennifer fought hard to stay well enough to attend a recent Morrissey show in LA. Morrissey asked her to come back stage, where she met her hero. He was very kind and loving to her, just as you would hope our man would be. The day after the show, Jennifer's health deteriorated and she was taking to the hospital where she is now in the intensive care unit. We are all so grateful that she could have this moment with Morrissey. A special thank you to her husband Eamon who persevered and, somehow, got a message to Morrissey about Jennifer.

Below is a message from Eamon and a photo of the visit.

My beautiful wife... her dream came true on Friday when she met her hero and idol, Moz...
she always said she would never meet Morrissey in her life time yet here she is... she didn't let anything stop her.
Thank you Morrissey for being an absolute gentleman... Kind and respectful and super suave.

Viva Moz and Viva Jen

Andy-Mats

UPDATE Nov. 8, 4:00 PM PT

From Andy-Mats:

I'm so sad to say that Jennifer passed away today. She held on to meet Morrissey. I am very sad but I am grateful that she got to meet him. She held on to meet Morrissey. I am very sad but I am grateful that she got to meet him.

39339_morrissey_and_jennifer_santa_barbara.jpg

Hello my friends,

I have a very good friend of mine who is a massive morrissey fan that is very sick. She actually turned me onto morrissey and the smiths in 1992. She unfortunately has stage four cancer and is fighting for her life in LA. I know she would appreciate hearing from fellow fans. Feel free to drop an encouraging note here for her to see or feel free to visit her Facebook page and leave a comment.

Here's her page:
https://www.facebook.com/cuddleworthy?fref=ts

To read more about her story, feel free to visit a page some of her good friends put together:
https://www.gofundme.com/2hh372c

Thank you to all the gentle and kind souls reading this....

Your old friend-

Andy-Mats

UPDATE Nov. 11:

Morrissey dedicated "One Of Our Own" to Jennifer at the Irvine concert on Nov. 9. Link posted by an anonymous person in the post-show thread:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
She had amazing taste. She was beautiful, funny, loving, giving, bratty, direct, no-bullshit, stylish, loyal, goofy, an insane LA driver, badass, unapologetic, always swearing, loved you for your flaws, loved you for your strengths. She didn't see a difference between her friends and her family. She is deeply loved and she is deeply missed. I can imagine her rolling her eyes at me right now. Her family and friends, found a lot of comfort in seeing her finally meet her hero, hearing about Morrissey's dedication, and reading the posts on this forum.

her bag is a quote by audrey hepburn <3

audrey-hepburn-actress-i-believe-in-pink-i-believe-that-laughing-is.jpg

moz and audrey... the girl had good taste!

She had amazing taste. She was beautiful, funny, loving, giving, bratty, direct, no-bullshit, stylish, loyal, goofy, an insane LA driver, badass, unapologetic, always swearing, loved you for your flaws, loved you for your strengths. She didn't see a difference between her friends and her family. She is deeply loved and she is deeply missed. I can imagine her rolling her eyes at me right now. Her family and friends, found a lot of comfort in seeing her finally meet her hero, hearing about Morrissey's dedication, and reading the posts on this forum.
it's been nice getting to know about jennifer, she sounds like she was a gem.

If anyone would like to join me you can do but only if you want to !
Let's raise a glass and smile for Jen ;).
One of Ours !

Benny

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

Moz looks so beautiful (in the best kind of way), sweet and kind here, and like he was giving this sweet soul something wonderful. I believe she gave him something wonderful, as well. <3 Rest In Peace sweet friend.

Hi Andy-Mats, I hope you are well.
I'm going to see James tomorrow night at King George's Hall Blackburn.
Just wanted you to know that Nothing But Love is on the setlist, a song I dedicated to Jen when she passed, there'll be a tear in my eye and I'll be thinking of Jen when they play it :thumb:.

Best wishes
Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Just wanted you to know that Nothing But Love is on the setlist, a song I dedicated to Jen when she passed, there'll be a tear in my eye and I'll be thinking of Jen when they play it :thumb:.

Best wishes

Enjoy Benny, tried to get tickets myself but it sold out really quick.

Enjoy Benny, tried to get tickets myself but it sold out really quick.

Thanks Surface
I'm really looking forward to it, I checked out the setlist for their Parr Hall Warrington gig and I reckon we're in for a good night. I also think you may be able to stream it on the night looking at the utube clips.
Have a great weekend :thumb:

Best wishes

Just got back and everything went to plan at tonight's performance.
I danced my legs down to the knees and we had our moment of reflection.
What a night !

Nothing but love :heartssuit:

Just got back and everything went to plan at tonight's performance.
I danced my legs down to the knees and we had our moment of reflection.
What a night !

Nothing but love :heartssuit:
I absolutely love that song and the dedication melts my heart, Benny. Love to Andy-Mats.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom