Only The Cockneys Sing The National Anthem

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Lampard, Beckham, Terry, Cole, Green, Ferdinand, Pearce on the bench.....
Why is it that the Cockneys still insist on singing the outdated British national anthem.
Thank f*** for Rooney and the other northerners who refuse to join in:cool:

Jukebox Jury

What a stupid pass to Barry, Barry a CLASS player..... what was he supposed to do with that ball:crazy:
Ferdinand's fault again:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I originally read that as "only the Cockeyed..." thinking they just came out of the boozer.

what is wrong with singing our national anthem??!! I've always been under the impression that the players who don't join in are too thick to remember the words.

Whatever the reason, I sincerely doubt they're abstaining as an anti-monarchist statement.

Why is it that the Cockneys still insist on singing the outdated British national anthem.

Jukebox Jury

shatchor maaaf you fackin norvern kant!

what is wrong with singing our national anthem??!! I've always been under the impression that the players who don't join in are too thick to remember the words.

Well in Rooney's case you may have a point:lbf:
My personal problem with the national anthem, is as an athiest and anti royalist.
I would be singing, to ask someone who I don't believe exists, to save someone whose position and status I reject.

Whatever the reason, I sincerely doubt they're abstaining as an anti-monarchist statement.

The Scousers have never forgiven the royal family for their snub over Hillsborough.....

shatchor maaaf you fackin norvern kant!

I read that out in a Vinny Jones voice over in my head:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
My personal problem with the national anthem, is as an athiest and anti royalist.
IJukebox Jury

Not to mention, most importantly of all, it's so absolutely undeniably BORING!

'God save our graciouszzzzz queennzzzzzz'

And you've got to question the validity of a National Anthem that has lyrical changes when someone dies.

Jukebox Jury

We could write alternative lyrics for we Northerners, JJ. Preferably including some reference to setting the whippets on them southern jessies.:thumb:

We could write alternative lyrics for we Northerners, JJ. Preferably including some reference to setting the whippets on them southern jessies.:thumb:

You need pigeon racing in there as well. :)

Franz 'A little bit Yorkshire blood' Anna. :p

You need pigeon racing in there as well. :)

Franz 'A little bit Yorkshire blood' Anna. :p

What t'whippets 'aven't mauled,
Let loose at Thorngumbald.
God save the queen!
Let t'buggers loose an' then
Fingers crossed my blue 'en.
Will mek it 'ome again.
God save the queen!

What t'whippets 'aven't mauled,
Let loose at Thorngumbald.
God save the queen!
Let t'buggers loose an' then
Fingers crossed my blue 'en.
Will mek it 'ome again.
God save the queen!

:clap: Wonderful! Whenever the situation arises when you need to sing the national anthem, sing this version. :)

I just remembered watching the majority of the Northern Irish rugby team scowl with very understandable contempt when they were supposed to sing 'God Save the Queen' earlier in the year. We really need to change the national anthem. Even 'Land of Hope and Glory' would do!

Back
Top Bottom