Oslo - The Nobel Peace Prize Concert at the Oslo Spektrum (Dec. 11, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / Irish Blood, English Heart

set list provided by an anonymous person and bikubesong.

Link with photos (2) posted by an anonymous person:

«Mangler bare at Morrissey setter seg ned i en saccosekk» - Kjendis. Photos by Stella Pictures. English translation via Google Translate.

978x.jpg

480x.jpg

UPDATE Dec. 12:

Video on YouTube posted by docinwestchester:

Last edited:
Solomon Walker was gone, thought Matt never left

Anyway Matt is, as I wrote a few days ago, his best solo drummer, though
for nostalgia Spencer has 1% more of Morrissey's best drummers...his worst was
Spike T...lots like Deano , but IMHO he comes no way near Matt Walker

' and they say he's mentall' ... thanks for the taping and putting it on 'solo', much apreciated, thanks a lot...

Strong pants haha I think they look okay - no worse than his baggy jeans that he wears nowadays. The man must have many nice suits I recently watched him on jools 2006 wearing his tux moz looked like james bond. He needs to do this more often especially at an event as prestigious as last night.

As for the songs. Predictable, solid if unspectacular

I find the music more memorable than the lyrics in PATSE and that is saying something for a tobias composition. Apart from the last verse the lyrics don't offer anything

IBEH is still a very good song and it suits the band

All I hope for now is a small tour with a similar setlist to south america which never went ahead, keep hand in glove, asleep the bona drag songs etc these songs give Moz the chance to demonstrate the brilliance we all know (hope) he is still capable of and would get people listening.

Good to see matt back on the drums

Last edited:
what a great performance,with age,he just gets better and better and better,loved the baggy trousers,a musical genius as well as a fashion icon,
and a very heartfelt tribute to lou.
in moz we trust

Definitely think HUSTLER is referring to someone who hustles rather than the well known Jazz Mag, similar to the THUG shirts that the band wore on Jimmy Fallon. As for his trousers, lordy, not his best look but with everyone else dolled up to the nines I guess he thought "let's go casual", contrary little so and so that he is.

Last edited:
Trousers? Misguided.

Performance? It was OK. Nothing spectacular. People Are The Same Everywhere remains trite nonsense unworthy of the man who penned the lyric to This Charming Man and a hundred others.

Satellite was very meh, but as a tribute to Reed it was a nice touch.

IBEH much better, but a strong song like that is always likely to stand out.

Finally; he's really aged a lot recently. It must be very distressing for him.

Alright, I just watched the actual performance. It was actually pretty good--Satellite of Love and Irish, Blood English Heart were particularly strong.

I don't know why he keeps playing The People Are The Same Everywhere, but in all honesty it wasn't as bad as I remember it.

I haven't watched a youtube video of the man in quite some time, and I was pleasantly surprised and agree with you...I don't really give a s*** about the attire, it was just nice to hear his voice again and with new perspective. I still can't enjoy People Are The Same...but, as a Norwegian I can imagine the rest was more than agreeable. Plus, sweats are great when it's cold as hell.

why did moz choose two songs that barely anyone cares about? why does he destroy his own career?

Trousers? Misguided.

Performance? It was OK. Nothing spectacular. People Are The Same Everywhere remains trite nonsense unworthy of the man who penned the lyric to This Charming Man and a hundred others.

Satellite was very meh, but as a tribute to Reed it was a nice touch.

IBEH much better, but a strong song like that is always likely to stand out.

Finally; he's really aged a lot recently. It must be very distressing for him.

I have to agree with you on this one. I saw him in October 2012 and than twice more in January 2013--before his illness. I was shocked by how much older he looked in the Hollywood High School concert movie--and that was like two months after that? Regardless, I don't think he's gotten that much older looking since than, but I was a little shocked when I saw Morrissey:25. It kind of makes me think he was probably pretty sick.

Wtf are those monstrosities on his legs? U Can't Touch This Sack the stylist... Oh he's your boyfriend.

He could have bought better trousers in TK Maxx

I have to agree with you on this one. I saw him in October 2012 and than twice more in January 2013--before his illness. I was shocked by how much older he looked in the Hollywood High School concert movie--and that was like two months after that? Regardless, I don't think he's gotten that much older looking since than, but I was a little shocked when I saw Morrissey:25. It kind of makes me think he was probably pretty sick.

His touring schedule over the last few years would have knocked the stuffing out of someone half his age. It's one of the reasons I felt it was more to do with his pension pot than a strong desire to get out in front of his fans. The problem is, as you sadly start to discover, it gets harder to recover from health issues as the years pass. That punishing schedule has not just caught up with him, it has overtaken him.

Although the performance was OK, you might have thought a return to the stage in front of such a large television audience after the year he's had might have a little more oomph. Also, as an avowed animal lover how much longer is he going to flog the dead horse that is People Are The Same Everywhere? End this cruelty now.

Now Morrissey is "disgraceful" and "embarrassing and insulting" because of his choice of . . . pants!?? Nobody really expected Morrissey to come out in a tuxedo and shiny shoes, did they? That would have really been embarrassing.

Has the community really denigrated to the point that Morrissey can't even put on his pants without creating an outrage? Maybe it's time we reassess our own lives a little bit. It seems the hangers-on would dictate to Morrissey what he can say, the songs he's allowed to sing, and now the pants that he can wear and we would all be left with a cardboard cut-out of Moz from 1994. Exciting.

Lucas

Lucas, Honey, Ms. Realitybites and anyone else can and should comment on Mr. Morrissey's pants. The aesthetics of an artist is part of his/her work of art. Morrissey has always made use of his good looks, has played on them. What truly ugly pants.

I think Morrissey and the bands performance was absolutely fantastic. Playing to a clueless audience, the camera men made sure to pan over the audience and show everyone sitting and not moving. I LOVED HIS PANTS AND SHIRT or TROUSERS AND BLOUSE, if you prefer. All of his accessories were on point. I was cheering him and the band the whole way through their 3 song set and I had a smile on my face the whole time with an occasional laugh. It was quite a joyful experience for me. I also loved his big "Go To Hell!" statement which was made when he didn't appear with the rest of the musicians as pop fixtures on a stage where "Royalty" was present.

I didn't even think to wonder that people, if that's what they are, would be bitching and acting like PETULANT, DIVA, CHILDREN over Morrissey's choice of clothing. What is going on with some of you? You love him, you hate him and then you hate on him some more. Is there really a need to be so ungracious when we get to see Morrissey on a very rare TV appearance?

And the comments over what Morrissey said about the endless amounts of animals killed each day and that most people don't blink an eye is spot on! (I'm badly paraphrasing of course)

Even if you don't agree with what Morrissey said I believe he has the right to say whatever the hell he wants. AND WHY!!?? does a comment like that make so many people here so furious? Morrissey was responsible for naming an album MEAT IS MURDER. Someone in this world has to speak up for the weak and bullied (murdered.) That's what he is doing. No matter what kind of cognitive dissonance his statement caused in some people, don't you know to expect statements which may seem radical to many as he is always trying to push the boundaries of how people think? You would have thought Morrissey himself murdered someone by the reactions I read.

Morrissey has directly spoken to all of the people who like to bully him for whatever he says, does, wears, whatever....

"IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME THEN DON'T LOOK AT ME! THERE MUST BE SOMEBODY ELSE WHO CAN TAKE YOUR GAZE AWAY..."

Remember????

Again, Fantastic performance, Fantastic just to see him perform somewhere like the Nobel Peace Prize Concert.

Having the handsome Aaron Eckhart as one of the hosts was a lovely treat!

I think Morrissey and the bands performance was absolutely fantastic. Playing to a clueless audience, the camera men made sure to pan over the audience and show everyone sitting and not moving. I LOVED HIS PANTS AND SHIRT or TROUSERS AND BLOUSE, if you prefer. All of his accessories were on point. I was cheering him and the band the whole way through their 3 song set and I had a smile on my face the whole time with an occasional laugh. It was quite a joyful experience for me. I also loved his big "Go To Hell!" statement which was made when he didn't appear with the rest of the musicians as pop fixtures on a stage where "Royalty" was present.

I didn't even think to wonder that people, if that's what they are, would be bitching and acting like PETULANT, DIVA, CHILDREN over Morrissey's choice of clothing. What is going on with some of you? You love him, you hate him and then you hate on him some more. Is there really a need to be so ungracious when we get to see Morrissey on a very rare TV appearance?

And the comments over what Morrissey said about the endless amounts of animals killed each day and that most people don't blink an eye is spot on! (I'm badly paraphrasing of course)

Even if you don't agree with what Morrissey said I believe he has the right to say whatever the hell he wants. AND WHY!!?? does a comment like that make so many people here so furious? Morrissey was responsible for naming an album MEAT IS MURDER. Someone in this world has to speak up for the weak and bullied (murdered.) That's what he is doing. No matter what kind of cognitive dissonance his statement caused in some people, don't you know to expect statements which may seem radical to many as he is always trying to push the boundaries of how people think? You would have thought Morrissey himself murdered someone by the reactions I read.

Morrissey has directly spoken to all of the people who like to bully him for whatever he says, does, wears, whatever....

"IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME THEN DON'T LOOK AT ME! THERE MUST BE SOMEBODY ELSE WHO CAN TAKE YOUR GAZE AWAY..."

Remember????

Again, Fantastic performance, Fantastic just to see him perform somewhere like the Nobel Peace Prize Concert.

Remember????

At last somebody on this site who writes exactly what I think. Bravo !!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom