"Ouija Board, Ouija Board" ~ Mary Margaret O'Hara backing vocal?

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
í am at that stage in lockdown life where í find myself listening to "Ouija Board, Ouija Board" on a loop...
and a question occurs, at least one; is Mary Margaret O'Hara doing the ghostly background vocal after the middle 8. í cannot find any confirmation elsewhere.

í know Ms O'Hara features on "November Spawned a Monster" and "He Knows I'd Love To See Him", but í don't remember any reference to "Ouija Board, Ouija Board".

Or could it just be Linder?

Cos í was thinking, if it were Ms Mary, clearly that spectral shimmer co-vocal is the sound of Morrissey's requested ghost now summoned to 'life' ~ the middle 8 Armstrong solo representing the successful seance session ~ and Morrissey and his intended now singing again, in unison. Thus here, Ms O'Hara signifies the deathly, whilst on her next vocal collaboration she is, apparently, 'birthing' the November Monstrosity...

God, these pills are good.

didn’t know that. Thanks FWD :thumb:
I should preface this with - wiki assertions and vague references online.
The reissue of Bona Drag has better liner notes and cites her only on Interesting Drug.
I'm inclined to go with pitched up vocals until a decent source is quotable.
@Ketamine Sun apologies - that didn't come across well - I was agreeing with you re: pitch.
Wiki is completely fallible and I think she'd be better credited if it were true.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Bummer.

But í still believe...

:pill:

í am at that stage in lockdown life where í find myself listening to "Ouija Board, Ouija Board" on a loop...
and a question occurs, at least one; is Mary Margaret O'Hara doing the ghostly background vocal after the middle 8. í cannot find any confirmation elsewhere.

í know Ms O'Hara features on "November Spawned a Monster" and "He Knows I'd Love To See Him", but í don't remember any reference to "Ouija Board, Ouija Board".

Cos í was thinking, if it were Ms Mary, clearly that spectral shimmer co-vocal is the sound of Morrissey's requested ghost now summoned to 'life' ~ the middle 8 Armstrong solo representing the successful seance session ~ and Morrissey and his intended now singing again, in unison. Thus here, Ms O'Hara signifies the deathly, whilst on her next vocal collaboration she is, apparently, 'birthing' the November Monstrosity...

Your stage of lockdown sounds a lot more fun than my stage of lockdown, which is listening to Maladjusted (the song) on loop asking myself when someone will come and put me out of my misery of wearing a mask all day at work during a heatwave.

Your stage of lockdown sounds a lot more fun than my stage of lockdown, which is listening to Maladjusted (the song) on loop asking myself when someone will come and put me out of my misery of wearing a mask all day at work during a heatwave.

Sorry to hear that GAWNL; Wishing you winter. Take Care.

Your reverie on the Tim Broad film kinda enabled me into my wee "Ouija" loop. Now into a loop-de-loop and obsessing over "Sweetie~Pie", due to the similar mise-en-scène of afterlife loves & falsetto, one with Kristeen Young, the other with Mary Margaret/Kirsty/Linder/Ann Coates/Dude or whoever the hell.

Sing it sister ~ "THERE'S NOTHIN' WRONG WITH YOUUUU" Aaah...

:rock:

Sorry to hear that GAWNL; Wishing you winter. Take Care.

Your reverie on the Tim Broad film kinda enabled me into my wee "Ouija" loop. Now into a loop-de-loop and obsessing over "Sweetie~Pie", due to the similar mise-en-scène of afterlife loves & falsetto, one with Kristeen Young, the other with Mary Margaret/Kirsty/Linder/Ann Coates/Dude or whoever the hell.

Sing it sister ~ "THERE'S NOTHIN' WRONG WITH YOUUUU" Aaah...

:rock:

Always nice to hear from another soul who appreciates the heaven sent weirdness that is Sweetie-Pie.
Maybe I can use this stifled Friday night to stop wondering what peace of mind could be like or how to cross the gulf between all the things I need and the things I receive and then, when the sun's given up, I can drift off to the port where my heart is too lost to find.

It'll be either that or I'll just get smashed.

But I digress. I didn't mean to clog this very informative thread. On to another round...
"On this glorious occasion ... of the splendid defeat..."

PS. I love the idea of cat-head-human-arms cherub Dude doing every ethereal background vocal found on Morrissey songs. He's got a lovely singing voice.

Morrissey whilst tinkering with his antique Ouija Board Ouija Board asks the question into the candle lit room
" Is there anybody there? Knock once for yes and twice for no...
He is startled by the ghostly voice of George Formby replying from the shadows "How can I knock if I'm NOT there???"

Back
Top Bottom