Painting and Drawing

Light Housework

Mental illness? No. Learning process.
This thread is for people who like painting and drawing. I finished this piece this morning, with @Untruth helping me challenge myself to learn how to do it.
20201014_083135.jpg

Have you thought about having a go at doing things from nature? Trees, for example, are so beautiful at this time of year as they start to change colour.

Have you thought about having a go at doing things from nature? Trees, for example, are so beautiful at this time of year as they start to change colour.
I just watched a video about how to paint autumnal trees!

I just watched a video about how to paint autumnal trees!
Wow, twilight zone moment :D

Although I don't paint, or draw these days, when I'm out walking I'm always taking photos of things which I find interesting. Other day, passed a standing Oak which was sadly decaying from inside. Nature provided such beautiful colours.

The reason I mentioned 'nature' was to maybe get you to think about another subject, as opposed to being stuck with your current topic. Sometimes you do need a break from a theme, and of course you learn from doing other subjects which you can then improve on your earlier theme.

I'll pop the pick of the oak on here for you to take a look at.

oak.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Or even animals. Took this today. While the cow is beautiful, it's the textures & shading which I find interesting.

cow.JPG

So there you go, a couple of thoughts for you maybe on different subject matter.

🤒

dont do anything until Fake Cham gets off his shift from KMart and can give you a quick rundown as to how to the proper approach to paint weeds and cows.🧐

You inspired me my friend
I bought Watercolour pencils for my son.
He’s 10 I thought it would be a great distraction and antidote to the ‘madness’ going on.
I will let you know.
👍🏻
You're welcome to post his work here!

Here's the beginning of me getting serious about learning how to draw and paint. Spurred on by dominatrix @rifke saying my coloring book paintings were just child's play.

You're welcome to post his work here!
So sweet..💕
He’s very shy though, but secretly I think he has an artist’s eye. (It’s not me being overly proud)
He has done some very good free hand sketching and some poetry.
I will talk to him and get his opinion.
He’s at his dad’s house this week but with me at the weekend.
Thank you LHW.

So sweet..💕
He’s very shy though, but secretly I think he has an artist’s eye. (It’s not me being overly proud)
He has done some very good free hand sketching and some poetry.
I will talk to him and get his opinion.
He’s at his dad’s house this week but with me at the weekend.
Thank you LHW.

🤒
FC taking advantage of the free wifi while dining at chez 7-11
on your way back to the ghetto?🧐

Darnit, I just learned that the art show isn't happening this year, due to covid-19.

Tags
art artwork drama drawing drudgery expression fun fury painting
Back
Top Bottom