pasadena (friday 2 feb): thank you (and eff you) [better late than never]

timesofgrace

i know it's been awhile, but on the off chance that any of the about-to-be-mentioned people read this, i wanted to express my shock and gratitude .. i am sorry that i can't remember names, but you all know who you are. anyway, here goes: i had the great fortune of being in the pit at this show, and at the end of the night, i found myself holding on to a corner of the last shirt that was thrown .. some intrepid fan (lovely woman) had the foresight to bring a box-cutter, which seemed to be helping to facilitate the distribution of shirt pieces ... as the others around me walked away with their little sections in hand, it came down to just me and one other girl, who had the shocking audacity to grab the (reasonably large) shirt remnant straight out of my hand ... she sort of sneered and gloated at me, said something along the lines of, "ha!! i got it!" and started walking away.. needless to say, i was crushed.. devastated ... i tried to reason with her, and asked her if i could please just have a tiny piece, but she would have none of it ... let me just say that this was pretty much the last thing i ever expected from a fellow 'fan'. maybe i'm naieve, but i guess i just assumed that there would be some sort of cameraderie amongst those of us who cared enough to actually stick around and fight for even a tiny section of moz's shirt ... i mean, i came all the way from boston, for chrissake! anyhow, i figure that karma is its own reward/punishment, and (as my roommate put it, when i told her the story), "that girl probably got hit by a car on her way home" .. and a few seconds later, i turned to see another girl (i wish i remembered your name) who i'd been speaking to a few minutes earlier, who had managed to get her hands on a little piece .. she asked if i had gotten mine, and i told her what happened, and she immediately said, "find the girl with the knife, and i'll cut you off a little piece," ... unbelievable! we found the girl with the knife, i got my shirt piece, and my faith in humanity (and morrissey fans) was fully restored ... so wherever you are, girl-who-shared-her-shirt-piece, thank you so, so, so much .. you made my whole trip worthwhile, and more than made up for the (i'm sorry to say) shameful actions of that other bit.. er, girl. thank you. thank you. thank you!!!

I had a very good experience that same night with that same last shirt. I had the whole sleeve and some guy was trying to take it from me(or so I thought). I did not want to let go of it. This guy was really tugging at it. I swear I was not being selfish, but I was afraid that I would have the whole thing ripped from my hands. I tried to explain to the guy, who was telling me he just wanted a piece, the situation. The some girl came with a hand knife and, as I held one end and the other guy held the other, she ripped the piece in half. The man had told me he had been waiting 12 years for a piece of Morrissey's shirt and he never had any luck. So where ever you are, I just want to say thank you, and that I had every intention of giving you a piece of the sleeve.

p.s. I also gave a little piece to the one lady who was kind enough to cut our sleeve in half.

Wow, well at least you got your piece. And if i must say that girl with the box cutter got in the pit because we helped her out with the ticket. So i know exactly who your talking about. Also, i got a huge piece of his shirt I (Thanks to my glorious brother), the whole back side including tag and washing instructions. I ended up the tour with many pieces of his shirts.
But anyway, good to see you got a piece.

Also, funny to see another Moz from La Mirada.

It is funny. I dont know anyone from La Mirada that like Morrissey or even knows who he is. This does happen to be one of the most conservative, republican cities in southern California though. Or I may be wrong, just something I heard.

Wow, well at least you got your piece. And if i must say that girl with the box cutter got in the pit because we helped her out with the ticket. So i know exactly who your talking about. Also, i got a huge piece of his shirt I (Thanks to my glorious brother), the whole back side including tag and washing instructions. I ended up the tour with many pieces of his shirts.
But anyway, good to see you got a piece.

Also, funny to see another Moz from La Mirada.

hey, just out of curiosity, since you got the tag and all.... what kind of shirt is it?? i remember hearing in the past that moz is partial to gucci... just wondering where this one came from..? also, my piece smells lovely, but i'm not sure if that's the cologne that seemed to be eminating from the incredibly tall man standing in front of me or if it's eau-de-the-man-himself.. :)

hey, just out of curiosity, since you got the tag and all.... what kind of shirt is it?? i remember hearing in the past that moz is partial to gucci... just wondering where this one came from..? also, my piece smells lovely, but i'm not sure if that's the cologne that seemed to be eminating from the incredibly tall man standing in front of me or if it's eau-de-the-man-himself.. :)

My piece smells like incense, but the smell kind of went away a bit. I already framed it in a shadow box.

It is funny. I dont know anyone from La Mirada that like Morrissey or even knows who he is. This does happen to be one of the most conservative, republican cities in southern California though. Or I may be wrong, just something I heard.

Well yes i am a Hardcore Morrissey fan and do live in this god awful republican town, which is why i don't go out much in La Mirada. It becomes very apparent during election time. All you saw last election was 'Bush' signs everywhere. It might of well have been painted RED in La Mirada. More to the point, you are not wrong...

It is a Michael Kors, size: L. And it is embraced by a strong cologne. Between my Mozcore buddy DD and i, we have many different shirts from the Mozadena shows. But, he also threw out a Gucci shirt, which we have. Good looking out DD.

Its usually a certain element of men who get his shirt.They are utter morons.You KNOW the sort,not one single gentlemen amongst them.They would shove you under a bus to get nearer to him.They let all fans down,they let the human race down.Glad you got your little bit though-you deserved it.

Its usually a certain element of men who get his shirt.They are utter morons.You KNOW the sort,not one single gentlemen amongst them.They would shove you under a bus to get nearer to him.They let all fans down,they let the human race down.Glad you got your little bit though-you deserved it.

I actually hate those kind of people. My theory of their utter brutality to me, is that they are trying to get the shirt whole. But they never do. AS for everyone trying to get nearer to him, i don't see anything wrong with that. I know Moz loves that. But as for shoving people under buses for that, well, those people are a bit much. I've seen it in person. I say a rowdy PIT is a glorious one. But a Lynch mob PIT is a horrid one.

Back
Top Bottom