Paso Robles, California cancelled/postponed to 2018 due to inoperative on-stage heating

Tonight Paso Robles off .

Posted by baby j:

Morrissey goes low in Paso Robles..The announcement came at about 8:12p that the show was going to be postponed & rescheduled in 2018 due to an inoperative projector. Did I really drive all this way just to hear you say I don't want to sing tonight because your projector's broken?

Shortly before the announcement I had a feeling that it was getting too cold for him to sing.

Posted by beewee:

Show cancelled, postponed for a date in 2018. Lady came on the PA and stated on-stage heating not working. It was cold, about 48F and getting colder.

UPDATE Dec. 4:

Paso Robles officially cancelled according to email from Ticketmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Reckon chaps this is bad sign for "the UK" tossey wackers inn nn it. If Malibu Steve won't sing when it's 48 degrees in his home state, what makes you chaps think he won't cancel or even get on the plane at LAX to go to the worst and coldest weather in the world in February and March 2018.

He grew up in Manchester UK, not that it means Morrissey cancels a show in his UK show, but x-my-fingers , me thinks the PR, TV shows and 2 studio gigs , lots of travelling must have been a reason....it's feels bad, but we've been through it all, cancelled shows

Last edited:
Tonight Paso Robles off .

Posted by baby j:

Morrissey goes low in Paso Robles..The announcement came at about 8:12p that the show was going to be postponed & rescheduled in 2018 due to an inoperative projector. Did I really drive all this way just to hear you say I don't want to sing tonight because your projector's broken?

Shortly before the announcement I had a feeling that it was getting too cold for him to sing.

Posted by beewee:

Show cancelled, postponed for a date in 2018. Lady came on the PA and stated on-stage heating not working. It was cold, about 48F and getting colder.

Thanks baby j..I love watching your videos on YouTube.
Hmm...So which was it the stage heating or the projector? My friend said "inoperable stage heater" is code for something but who knows...

I was there and it was cold but we were all freezing why couldn't he just wear a jacket like the rest of us.
Also, this was the first night I've been out in seven months since my son was born. And Im pretty strapped for cash right now so I'm pretty pissed after paying for a baby sitter all night, driving three hours in a crap car with a broken window and no radio, spending money on gas, and overpriced food and merchandise I expect better.

Is this all I get for my trouble and pain? I traveled all the way from Bergen after selling whale tooth necklaces for year on the streets upon streets upon streets upon streets. Now I'm sitting alone in a cheap motel, freezing my kiwifruits off and reduced to eating a can of cold Heinz Baked Beans and oh my room is cold!

Reckon me really think he doesn't want to lose his voice for the hometown Hollywood Bowl shows. Reckon it's going to be released as a DVD in February and March in Brittin so when he cancels the shows there, they will all buy the live DVD and have delusional fantasies they are at a Steve gig in Moz Angeles. Brilliant marketing TMMG-Beverly Hills.

Poor old man
He had an "accident" with a three-bar fire
But that's o.k.
Because he wasn't very happy anyway

And I assume if he had gone on and got sick because of it or something then the usual suspects would be all over him for that too. It’s majorly disappointing and upsetting I’m sure (I’ve been a cancellation victim too) but seriously this site.

Morrissey: *exists*
Morrissey Solo: *outraged*

Reckon me really think he doesn't want to lose his voice for the hometown Hollywood Bowl shows. Reckon it's going to be released as a DVD in February and March in Brittin so when he cancels the shows there, they will all buy the live DVD and have delusional fantasies they are at a Steve gig in Moz Angeles. Brilliant marketing TMMG-Beverly Hills.
You could at least spell Britain properly...
m6wZbp9k_400x400.jpg

I was there and it was cold but we were all freezing why couldn't he just wear a jacket like the rest of us.
Also, this was the first night I've been out in seven months since my son was born. And Im pretty strapped for cash right now so I'm pretty pissed after paying for a baby sitter all night, driving three hours in a crap car with a broken window and no radio, spending money on gas, and overpriced food and merchandise I expect better.

well, at least you had some time away from the kid, which must have been nice.

And I assume if he had gone on and got sick because of it or something then the usual suspects would be all over him for that too. It’s majorly disappointing and upsetting I’m sure (I’ve been a cancellation victim too) but seriously this site.

Morrissey: *exists*
Morrissey Solo: *outraged*
Is is actually cold? I mean, Morrissey does know actual cold weather (UK)

I was there - it was cold, but not freezing cold. Two layers on bottom, three on top and a beanie - and I was OK. I know, cancellations are par for the course: but it was especially brutal to be there, and be waiting for the video to roll... then nothin'.

Is is actually cold? I mean, Morrissey does know actual cold weather (UK)

maybe if he just wore a hat and scarf and lip-synced instead? :rolleyes:

'Performing in Cold Weather Doesn't Just Affect Beyonce

By by Molly Cochran, AccuWeather.com Staff Writer
January 25, 2013, 3:56:15 PM EST

Beyonce Knowles has been under the spotlight after reports that she lip-synced her performance on Inauguration Day. But there's a reason she might have lip-synced the national anthem. Cold weather can affect a singer's voice.

Chris Beatty, one of the founders of vocalcoach.com, says that cold weather is a major issue for singers and musicians. "The main problem with colder weather for singers is dryness. Dryness in the vocal track is danger," he said.

If the vocal track is not well lubricated, your voice can crack. Some tips that Beatty gave for singers preparing to sing in colder weather are, "breathe in through your nose instead of your mouth in order to give your breath a chance to warm up to your body temperature. Singers should wear a scarf and hat and arrive early to acclimate to their current weather conditions."

Also....

Dave Defilippis, senior videographer for AccuWeather, is also a musician. He says that cold weather and the dryness that comes with the cooler temperatures contribute to how he tunes his guitar.

"Tuning is a huge problem as temperatures increase and decrease," he said.

Knowles performed around 12:30 p.m. The temperature at that time was a high of 40 degrees with a Real Feel of 35 degrees.

AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Alex Sosnowski said the weather conditions for Inauguration Day on Monday had temperatures in the upper 30s into the mid-40s.

Maria Antonieta, a singer of Yas Cortes Duo along with Oscar Yas, Argentina, said that it is not uncommon for singers to lip synch when they are performing only one song, so that the audience can hear the song as it is intended to be heard.

"The lip synch is actually done out of respect for the audience, so that everything can be perfect," she said.

Hundreds of thousands of people watched the inaugural address live on Monday. The crowd really lucked out as Monday evenings temperature fell into the lower 20s with a Real Feel near zero degrees, according to Sosnowski.'

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/performing-in-cold-weather-doe/4715960

Can we have a whip round for some thermal underwear for Moz - as a UK/Irish tour in February might be a tiny bit colder than California.
I hope this is a one-off and feel for those leaving disappointed tonight.
Regards,
FWD.

maybe if he just wore a hat and scarf and lip-synced instead? :rolleyes:

'Performing in Cold Weather Doesn't Just Affect Beyonce

By by Molly Cochran, AccuWeather.com Staff Writer
January 25, 2013, 3:56:15 PM EST

Beyonce Knowles has been under the spotlight after reports that she lip-synced her performance on Inauguration Day. But there's a reason she might have lip-synced the national anthem. Cold weather can affect a singer's voice.

Chris Beatty, one of the founders of vocalcoach.com, says that cold weather is a major issue for singers and musicians. "The main problem with colder weather for singers is dryness. Dryness in the vocal track is danger," he said.

If the vocal track is not well lubricated, your voice can crack. Some tips that Beatty gave for singers preparing to sing in colder weather are, "breathe in through your nose instead of your mouth in order to give your breath a chance to warm up to your body temperature. Singers should wear a scarf and hat and arrive early to acclimate to their current weather conditions."

Also....

Dave Defilippis, senior videographer for AccuWeather, is also a musician. He says that cold weather and the dryness that comes with the cooler temperatures contribute to how he tunes his guitar.

"Tuning is a huge problem as temperatures increase and decrease," he said.

Knowles performed around 12:30 p.m. The temperature at that time was a high of 40 degrees with a Real Feel of 35 degrees.

AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Alex Sosnowski said the weather conditions for Inauguration Day on Monday had temperatures in the upper 30s into the mid-40s.

Maria Antonieta, a singer of Yas Cortes Duo along with Oscar Yas, Argentina, said that it is not uncommon for singers to lip synch when they are performing only one song, so that the audience can hear the song as it is intended to be heard.

"The lip synch is actually done out of respect for the audience, so that everything can be perfect," she said.

Hundreds of thousands of people watched the inaugural address live on Monday. The crowd really lucked out as Monday evenings temperature fell into the lower 20s with a Real Feel near zero degrees, according to Sosnowski.'

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/performing-in-cold-weather-doe/4715960
lol the video of this is hilarious, and the covers other people have done too :lbf:

He did a proper job of it on TOTPS :thumb:

Not surprised, but I took my chances, arrived late and only five minutes out of my car and everyone was walking back.
He does this way too often - let’s face it - he wanted his deposit back.
He’s a business man and prefers to rent these places. However, this small venue had not sold out and he was going to be in the hole as a result.
Easiest thing to do is to blame the venue, get out of the contract and count his loses.
Remember when he rented the Hollywood Palladium? Same thing. He canceled the shows - that didn’t sell out.
Tonight he didn’t announce the cancellation until he sold some merch and the venue sold some booze.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom