Paso Robles, California cancelled/postponed to 2018 due to inoperative on-stage heating

Tonight Paso Robles off .

Posted by baby j:

Morrissey goes low in Paso Robles..The announcement came at about 8:12p that the show was going to be postponed & rescheduled in 2018 due to an inoperative projector. Did I really drive all this way just to hear you say I don't want to sing tonight because your projector's broken?

Shortly before the announcement I had a feeling that it was getting too cold for him to sing.

Posted by beewee:

Show cancelled, postponed for a date in 2018. Lady came on the PA and stated on-stage heating not working. It was cold, about 48F and getting colder.

UPDATE Dec. 4:

Paso Robles officially cancelled according to email from Ticketmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
are they outdoor venues? Because it's Feb they'll make sure their stage heating is working, one would hope.
Indeed, just an attempt at levity before the media descends on this story and have fun with it (diva, too ill, unreliable etc..).
Regards,
FWD.

So anyone shed a light on the pre-show music and videos? Any changes?

Yes, these changes were made:

Cold As Ice - Foreigner

She's So Cold - The Rolling Stones

Winter Wonderland - Ray Charles

Cold Turkey - John Lennon

Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice

I perform regularily myself and I can very well understand him cancelling the show due to not working stage heating. He is not that young anymore and risking his health and the whole tour for one show makes no sense. Feel sorry for the people that were affected, but it sounds like it was not Moz fault.

Is this all I get for my trouble and pain? I traveled all the way from Bergen after selling whale tooth necklaces for year on the streets upon streets upon streets upon streets. Now I'm sitting alone in a cheap motel, freezing my kiwifruits off and reduced to eating a can of cold Heinz Baked Beans and oh my room is cold!

Well, it will be about 57f degrees or lower when he hits the stage at the Bowl on Friday.... or doesn't.

Not surprised, but I took my chances, arrived late and only five minutes out of my car and everyone was walking back.
He does this way too often - let’s face it - he wanted his deposit back.
He’s a business man and prefers to rent these places. However, this small venue had not sold out and he was going to be in the hole as a result.
Easiest thing to do is to blame the venue, get out of the contract and count his loses.
Remember when he rented the Hollywood Palladium? Same thing. He canceled the shows - that didn’t sell out.
Tonight he didn’t announce the cancellation until he sold some merch and the venue sold some booze.

That's not how it works. Morrissey gets his fee regardless of how many tickets are sold, the promoter takes the hit.

Crikey!
I see the ticket prices falling for the Bowl shows from the touts because who wants to pay a penny over a face value for a show that may last-minute cancel? Also expect this to be all over social media and regular media which is going to harm the rest of the tour.

Mozzer only complying with The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 which states your employer must maintain a reasonable temperature where you work, but it does not specify a maximum temperature. There is a minimum temperature of 16°C, or 13°C if your work involves considerable physical activity.

48F is 8.88 deg C. Morrissey cares about his employees.

who never turned on the three bar fire.

Thanks baby j..I love watching your videos on YouTube.
Hmm...So which was it the stage heating or the projector? My friend said "inoperable stage heater" is code for something but who knows...

I was there and it was cold but we were all freezing why couldn't he just wear a jacket like the rest of us.
Also, this was the first night I've been out in seven months since my son was born. And Im pretty strapped for cash right now so I'm pretty pissed after paying for a baby sitter all night, driving three hours in a crap car with a broken window and no radio, spending money on gas, and overpriced food and merchandise I expect better.

Okay. I'm done throwing my tantrum now. Had to rant on the ride home.

Perhaps it was because the venue was selling hotdogs and chicken strips and smell of flesh was wafting at him and he was to offended to play.

Regards,
FWD.

I got there around 4:50pm; drive 6 hours from Vegas. We could hear the band sound check from the queue. From what I remember:
HSIN, I started something, suedehead, glamorous glue, Rose Garden, and one or two others. It was just the band, no moz.

Extremely disappointed. It was definitely chilly, but not unbearable. And I definitely doubt the venue would not have their heating operational. This is probably the last time I'll make a significant trek to attempt to see him. We'll see if it's even a postponement and not a flat out cancellation.

Mozzer only complying with The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 which states your employer must maintain a reasonable temperature where you work, but it does not specify a maximum temperature. There is a minimum temperature of 16°C, or 13°C if your work involves considerable physical activity.

48F is 8.88 deg C. Morrissey cares about his employees.

That's UK, not USA.

Okay. I'm done throwing my tantrum now. Had to rant on the ride home.

Perhaps it was because the venue was selling hotdogs and chicken strips and smell of flesh was wafting at him and he was to offended to play.

Yeah, f*** all those paying customers, right?

Looking at twitter and people are absolutely angry about this. This will be the last straw for many. Moz once again exhibiting poor judgment - he will not be forgiven.

Is the Twitter page still up? Also can’t find the page for the event on his Facebook. Links?

I was there and have mixed feelings. Obviously it was a huge f***ing disappointment after driving an hour and a half to get there. However, I can understand if there was a problem with the heating because it was due to dip into the low 40s. He doesn’t want to get sick or f*** up his voice with upcoming dates, and the instruments could have tuning issues. The heater seems like a venue issue. It would’ve been nice if they let us all know sooner instead of waiting 45 mins past start time. Hopefully he makes good on returning.

Hahaha!
This is barely funny anymore!
He decided to SPENT THE DAY IN BED instead....

This joke isn't funny anymore........

Not surprised, but I took my chances, arrived late and only five minutes out of my car and everyone was walking back.
He does this way too often - let’s face it - he wanted his deposit back.
He’s a business man and prefers to rent these places. However, this small venue had not sold out and he was going to be in the hole as a result.
Easiest thing to do is to blame the venue, get out of the contract and count his loses.
Remember when he rented the Hollywood Palladium? Same thing. He canceled the shows - that didn’t sell out.
Tonight he didn’t announce the cancellation until he sold some merch and the venue sold some booze.

You are 100% right...
Unfortunately.....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom